2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford Maverick Maverick w/ all-new Roofnest Condor Overland 2 Rooftop Tent RTT IMG_0228

Hey folks. Recently got the new Condor Overland 2 from Roofnest. Wife and I doing the maiden voyage this weekend in Pennsylvania elk country. Will post some additional up close pics of tent later. Works really good and super easy to set up and tear down.

My rack sits above the cab so tent does take a good bite out of fuel economy. I'd say 2-3 mpg. But it is cool and fun! 😎

Ford Maverick Maverick w/ all-new Roofnest Condor Overland 2 Rooftop Tent RTT IMG_0210

Ford Maverick Maverick w/ all-new Roofnest Condor Overland 2 Rooftop Tent RTT IMG_0231
Sponsored

TC in MN

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav XLT, CG, 2.0, AWD, Lux, tow, 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don’t camp anymore, but if I did, your rig would be top of the list to review. Great idea on the side bars giving tension to the tent.

I’m guessing, around $5k for all the tent and supports with attachments?

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Don’t camp anymore, but if I did, your rig would be top of the list to review. Great idea on the side bars giving tension to the tent.

I’m guessing, around $5k for all the tent and supports with attachments?
The bar is actually part of the tent. It's the support for the rain fly which I had rolled up. But yes there are straps to the McIntyre tent to keep all taut.

Tent is about $3,500. There are various racks available for the Maverick that will work with a RTT so you can choose whatever you like. My rack is the Leitner Designs ACS Forged. It's not cheap.

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cool, fun.
Classy, worth it.
You kids enjoy yourselves now.

Sponsored

Maverick#2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hot Pepper Red Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Awesome rooftop tent for your rack. I watched the video on their website and it looks very compact and easy to set up. Enjoy your maiden voyage and let us know how it performed. Makes me wish I was 50 years younger.

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Totally cool, thwart Bigfoots attempts at pestering y’all. If I were younger I’d have one too, truck is great color 😉

mdl20813

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looking great!

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That brings back memories! Wifey, me, and our oldest son did a tour of PA back in 2010 with our Honda Element, equipped with an RTT. Started in the Pocono's, and took Rt 6 (?) back east, hit up a bunch of the PA state parks along the way. PA does a great job with their state parks. One particular park, I forget the name now...., where they launch hang gliders over the cliff was really fun. Those guys that do that have a bigger set than me, that's for sure!

Anyway, great set-up, have a safe, fun trip! Post up pix along the way, that's beautiful country!

MM Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Lariat Luxury w/CP360 + CP360A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Love the photo of your wife (L) Please tell her hello. Enjoy your camp out!

Last edited:
Sponsored

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Very nice.

Ford Maverick Maverick w/ all-new Roofnest Condor Overland 2 Rooftop Tent RTT Capture.PNG

Is that a spot for solar panels or just storage?

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You young folks have a great time and enjoy the wild. Unlike some other posters who wished they were younger and able to do that again, not me. I will just enjoy my AC, full services, TV, recliners, etc. in my Motor Home. Put in my time and honestly do not miss it. Well I would except I found out about Motor Homes LOL. Hope weather is great and not the 108-110 we are having here in TX. BTW: Keep a sharp eye out for the climbing bears. They might decide to join you guys. Understand they do quite well on ladders leading to tents above trucks - just kidding.

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You young folks have a great time and enjoy the wild. Unlike some other posters who wished they were younger and able to do that again, not me. I will just enjoy my AC, full services, TV, recliners, etc. in my Motor Home. Put in my time and honestly do not miss it. Well I would except I found out about Motor Homes LOL. Hope weather is great and not the 108-110 we are having here in TX. BTW: Keep a sharp eye out for the climbing bears. They might decide to join you guys. Understand they do quite well on ladders leading to tents above trucks - just kidding.
A bear in Sequoia National Park chased me to the top of my 1970 VW Combi, true story, the spare tire is a perfect on-ramp to the roof. I guess I screamed cause all the campers in the sites were banging pots like I was a healthcare professional during Covid Lockdown…😂

r8drskullz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Douglas J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IMG_0228.jpeg

Hey folks. Recently got the new Condor Overland 2 from Roofnest. Wife and I doing the maiden voyage this weekend in Pennsylvania elk country. Will post some additional up close pics of tent later. Works really good and super easy to set up and tear down.

My rack sits above the cab so tent does take a good bite out of fuel economy. I'd say 2-3 mpg. But it is cool and fun! 😎

IMG_0210.jpeg

IMG_0231.jpeg
Awesome and inspiring

Mabcim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat 2.0 AWD; 20 Escape SEL 2.0 AWD
Engine