mav_can

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, 2018 Mustang EB Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good point on disengaging the AWD, but where have you seen a FWD and AWD Ecoboost Maverick drag racing? Was that with or without brake boosting? With out brake boosting, you can see on the FWD Escape Ecoboost video I posted that its not peeling out at launch.
I don’t see any videos of them side by side, in fact its really, really hard to find any videos doing 0-60 on the FWD EB, all that I’ve found are on the AWD. Motortrend tested the 0-60 for the FWD EB though and registered 7.0 seconds. While all of the AWD test times are in the low to mid 6 second range. MrBoom’s popular video testing the AWD 0-60 on those toll roads are all brake boosted (which would accentuate AWD’s advantage) and he got low 6 seconds.

I brake boost my Mustang off the line every once in a while, I see it as a legitimate real-world advantage for AWD. Launch control I agree is a contrived situation that takes multiple steps to engage and such, but brake boosting is super simple and easy to do (just don’t do it back to back or very often).
Sponsored