Clubs

rclee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Lux,A51,Hybrid,Rear Slider.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

SHARP!!!!

TheQuixotic1

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford C-Max SEL. 2022 Chevy Bolt EUV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
yup. If my tremor isn’t scheduled in this batch, it won’t built before the new Ranger banks open. Zero chance the ranger is anywhere near this popular so I will put an order in for that and only take delivery of the maverick if it makes sense financially.

I really want that Tacoma refresh, but not sure I can’t wait for what ppl think will be fall. Ended up not ordering a Colorado. As much as I like it, I’m weird about brands and Chevy doesn’t do it for me for whatever reason. Maybe that’ll change if and when I see one in person.
After my disappointing visit with the Colorado my sights are set squarely on the Ranger. I'm still keeping my Colorado order and there is a solid chance I'll still buy it - but that also is up against the clock for the Ranger too.

Like you - if I complete my purchase for the Tremor it will be financially motivated.

I'm not as excited for the Tacoma, probably because I have the 2010 and it's just old reliable. I've never felt any emotions for it positively or negatively so that is likely why the next gen Taco isn't turning the dial for me.

Maybe Trail Boss. Hopefully Ranger. Less and less likely a Maverick with each passing day.
Silver lining for us Midwesterners is that the Ranger is assembled in Detroit and we would be supporting more local jobs; a nice silver lining at the least.

I rode in a '18 Taco a couple years ago and it rode so poorly on the road I couldn't possibly care how much more capable off road it might be than a Ranger or Maverick. IMO, 7% more off road capability isn't worth the dramatic daily increase in road and wind noise and ride comfort.

I'm guessing our Maverick EcoBoost orders (ya'lls Tremors and my Lariat FX4) will be scheduled by the end of the month. I already told my dealer I will possibly/probably look to order the Ranger when the order banks open and potentially give up on my Maverick.

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Looks fantastic! There really are not any bad colors. Every time I see a picture like this I wish I had ordered that color. My Carbonized Gray with the black package will look "murdered out" because that's just how I roll in retirement.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Very nice. I do agree with your assessment, though. CP360 Assist was a non-negotiable. The only cosmetic thing I paid for on my Lariat EB was the black painted wheels. They just look nicer than the standard pokemon Lariat wheels.

Sponsored

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not really. Not until we get some solid production numbers. Honestly, my numbers might be conservative and that is why Ford is scheduling Fleets. They may literally not have enough valid EB orders left to match the planned production. It could be after this week, if you are an EB and aren't scheduled, you have something on your order that is limited or your dealer has limited allocations.

Someone has to be last...

Same here. I'll deal with it if it is scheduled this week. But if not, forget it showing up before June. It won't even be built before June. But I should know in April if it is being scheduled either way. If not, I'm jumping.
I was just thinking with that allocation delima . If they didn’t have any more trucks scheduled, it would be like saying well we got nothing to do , your dealer don’t have allocations
so I guess we’ll shut the plant down.

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think your dealer has to have an allocation for you to get scheduled. I think that may be my problem my dealer has only got 42 allocations for the year and I think they have sold over 80 so that means some of us are out of luck I wish they would just tell us if we are getting one or not
Dealers 23 allocations 80 orders here

B. Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kia Niro; battered NIssan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealers 23 allocations 80 orders here
I spoke to a local very reputable dealer yesterday. He told me that the problem with allocations is exactly what Lonnie gee describes: selling many more Mavericks than the dealership is allocated. The guy told me that they knew they could get 70 Mavericks allocated; once they sold 70, they stopped. Of course, they still are waiting on 50 of them, but they fully expect to get them because they didn't oversell. My dealership - not this guy - is also very disciplined and did not oversell. So I'm a mite bit less anxious about this.
I'm more of a lurker than a source of information, so I can't vouch for the accuracy of this information, but it makes sense to me.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I spoke to a local very reputable dealer yesterday. He told me that the problem with allocations is exactly what Lonnie gee describes: selling many more Mavericks than the dealership is allocated. The guy told me that they knew they could get 70 Mavericks allocated; once they sold 70, they stopped. Of course, they still are waiting on 50 of them, but they fully expect to get them because they didn't oversell. My dealership - not this guy - is also very disciplined and did not oversell. So I'm a mite bit less anxious about this.
I'm more of a lurker than a source of information, so I can't vouch for the accuracy of this information, but it makes sense to me.
It makes sense. A dealership who is on top of things won't take more orders than they can fulfill. Tim is banking on getting more allocations based on how allocations are given out, but even he had an upper limit.

The big issue was Ford didn't tell them their annual allocations before the order banks opened. Compare that to the MY24 Mustang where Tim already knows how many of each flavor he is going to get.

tlazacmx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Saw this on my account for the first time today. Anyone know if means it might be previewing/scheduling this week?🤞

Ford Maverick Maverick Scheduling 3/16 -- May Scheduling Through Week of 5/29 Capture.JPG

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Saw this on my account for the first time today. Anyone know if means it might be previewing/scheduling this week?🤞

Capture.JPG
That's new! They didn't used to show up like that and scheduling isn't until tomorrow. So, don't read anything into it just yet.

@fordvideoguy we miss a notice from Ford?

Ford Maverick Maverick Scheduling 3/16 -- May Scheduling Through Week of 5/29 1678894479515

tlazacmx

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With how Ford handles things, not reading too much into it like you stated. Maybe they just updating their order on their system.

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lol I'll be ashes by the time I get scheduled
It makes sense. A dealership who is on top of things won't take more orders than they can fulfill. Tim is banking on getting more allocations based on how allocations are given out, but even he had an upper limit.

The big issue was Ford didn't tell them their annual allocations before the order banks opened. Compare that to the MY24 Mustang where Tim already knows how many of each flavor he is going to get.

Lonnie gee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda and rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Indeed just observation ,if it was fords at fault not telling them!
“ How many orders to take” then fix it by setting aside the ALLOCATION ISSUE IN THIS CASE REGARDING MAVS