Sponsored

Maverick reliability

Have you had an issue that kept you from driving your Maverick as needed?

• Total voters

crazymomlv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mary Macioce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT on order and Subaru outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just checking the club's experience so far. Have you had to sideline your Maverick? Or are you Happily driving it every day? Please give a brief description of the issue that sidelined you.

Remember you can change your vote later if things change.
I have had my 2022 XLT Lux since 4/22. I have had no issues except the annoying and elusive rattle in the dash. I have driven it around town, on trips, etc and absolutely love it. Mileage 37 ( we live in the desert and use AC a lot in the summer) to 45 mph.
Sponsored

crazymomlv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mary Macioce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT on order and Subaru outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just checking the club's experience so far. Have you had to sideline your Maverick? Or are you Happily driving it every day? Please give a brief description of the issue that sidelined you.

Oops. Forgot about the recalls. Have had them done…

OP
OP
Mav_RICK

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
FYI. At this point, 20 responded with: Yes, I have. Tally is 16 hybrid and four EB. Eighty per cent hybrid at this point. Just saying......
I demand a recount! Clearly this poll has been rigged somehow 😂

whaleysean

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
34K miles came around and there was an odd noise coming from the engine compartment when the AC was on. Took it into the dealership asap beacuse ya know, 36K warrenty. They called yesterday and said the entire AC system needs to be replaced and they are waiting for preauthorization from Ford.

Other than that... and the fact that whenever I take it into the dealership it comes back with a few new dealer add-ons, its been great.

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So far in my second month, no problems at all! I have a little over 2,500 miles so far no problems at all.

Sponsored

Kramer OG

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Lux Hyb; 2013 Mazda 5; 2008 Smart - sold
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
About 4k miles and 5 months of ownership. The 12V battery died mysteriously overnight two weeks ago. I assume it was my own fault, so I voted no problems so far.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Kept you from driving?

There needs to be a 3rd option. Issues that needed to be fixed in order to keep driving.

There are tons of TSB's on these setups - from the Bronco Sport, the Escape, and the Maverick. All of which if they are not addressed are going to cause some serious issues. So it's either people are ignoring them, never get them, or had/have them and are getting them fixed/already had them fixed.

For example, mine has the slipping transmission. Obviously that needs to be fixed and getting it fixed will keep me from driving my Maverick, but I'm not going to vote that way because I can still drive it and I'm hoping the repair/replacement fixes it.

About 4k miles and 5 months of ownership. The 12V battery died mysteriously overnight two weeks ago. I assume it was my own fault, so I voted no problems so far.
It's not your fault - there is a TSB because they use a lower rated AGM. The TSB addresses the poor battery they are refusing to replace in the hybrids until people for them to. They used the same one in the Escape Hybrid I had and trying to get them to replace it at my dealer was like pulling teeth. They charged it twice and the issue was still present. If you have FordPass, you will get notifications constantly of it going into deep sleep. That's because the battery is draining and not charging properly.

Mav94

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2022, Hybrid XLT
1) Outside temperature sensor went - if it registered a number (even if the number was incorrect, i.e., said it’s 50 degrees when actually 90 degrees) the a/c would work. If it didn’t register a number at all, no a/c - this happened during the summer and it took them 6 weeks to get it in for service because it was still “driveable”
2) Dreaded “Dead Maverick”
3) In for service 5 times for same issue! - check engine light w/EGR error message on app. They finally called Ford Hotline and replaced a pressure feedback sensor. We’ll see if this fixes the problem - have had it back less than a week. Fingers crossed, but not holding my breath.
4) In for the 2 recalls

I like it when it’s working though.

Think I got one of the duds unfortunately. Now I feel like I’m just waiting for the next thing to go wrong with it.

😞

hdrider02

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Lariat hybrid. 7 months. 9600 miles. Zero problems. Love it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mav_RICK

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a Mazda CX5 for 7 years and 65k miles. Not one recall. Not one TSB. Not one issue other than regular maintenance. Something tells me I’m going to miss that car.

Do these TSBs have to be addressed by a Ford dealership? I’m sure the recalls do but what about those?

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2022 Hybrid XL, took delivery a year ago.

No problems yet other than many "deep sleep" messages that I ignored because it has always started anyway. When it went in for the air bag recall, I asked them to look at the deep sleep thing. They ended up replacing the 12V battery and the message has not come again. Total time in service call was 8 hours, including the recall as well.

The two recalls I don't count as having deprived me of use. Each took no more time than an oil change, and left no apparent issues.

As for the driving experience, 👍🐦 on 43 to 46 mpg, quiet ride, and easier parking than a big truck.

OP
OP
Mav_RICK

Mav_RICK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2022 Hybrid XL, took delivery a year ago.

No problems yet other than many "deep sleep" messages that I ignored because it has always started anyway. When it went in for the air bag recall, I asked them to look at the deep sleep thing. They ended up replacing the 12V battery and the message has not come again. Total time in service call was 8 hours, including the recall as well.

The two recalls I don't count as having deprived me of use Each took no more time than an oil change, and left no apparent issues.

As for the driving experience, 👍🐦 on 43 to 46 mpg, quiet ride, and easier parking than a big truck.
Do you know the specs on the replacement battery?

matmondro

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
About 8,700 miles now, owned my Mav for 7.5 months. The only issue I've had just crept up the other day, it was making a creaking noise from the rear-left wheel or suspension. Traced it down to the bushing on the larger rear control arm where it mounts to the subframe. Sprayed some lubricant in there, has been quiet ever since.

Certainly not an issue that has sidelined me, but if it keeps coming back after a few times I will take it in to get it warrantied.

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you know the specs on the replacement battery?
Sorry, no. It just appeared as replaced under warranty on my receipts, no charge.
Sponsored