deadeye

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do like this look, but this is a longitudinal engine, Body on-frame, with beam axles which will be way more off-road capable than any FWD based unibody with similar lift.

Curious how many are lifting thier honda ridgelines.

Maverick is better at different things, and I like what its better at. Unibody, low, and street focused tires low makes it quiter, better car like ride, better mpg, and easier to use the bed.

If I wanted more off road but still a truck bed, Ranger is way better angles and clearance, and FX4 gets you even more off-road improvement than FX4 on Maverick because the architecture allows it. But then you have to drop 30% mpg from 27mpg to 19mpg with a more truck ride and noise.

Its all about the right tool for the job and tradeoffs for each model and customer. Can you lift a Mustang and put 35's on it, Yes, but why not just get a Bronco with front anr rear lockers? Can you put a V8 in a Bronco and slam it to the ground on Street race tires, Yes, but why not just get a Mustang that will handle much better.
Sponsored

kingranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The slightly taller front end in some of the pics along with the obviously different front valance/skid plate combo I wouldn't say are nothing. But outside of that, yeah, really nothing else to see..

Unless you're in on this project and the comments here have struck a cord :oops: bye, bye Rattler
šŸ

Captain

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
63 Nova Convertible /
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

CONSPIRACY TIME!!!

Okay bear with me here...but the ride height of this truck changes from the upper photos in the rain to the lower images of the car on what looks like a closed course. Either the Ford engineers added a lift kit at some point...OR....THIS TRUCK HAS A VARIABLE RIDE HEIGHT, AIR SUSPENSION!!!

Can anyone think of any reason whatsoever why the ride height appears to change dramatically between the rain photos and the close course images!?!
Cause itā€™s 2 different trucks? Do you actually think Ford only has 1 truck at a time to develop?

ToothGrinder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If they make a Maverick that has those Bronco features that makes it more off-road capable then Iā€™ll definitely upgrade after a few years as long as the market is good for it.

AngloSoup

First Name
Anglo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Beater
Not a fan of the paint job.
I dunno, I want tech-cammo added an option for my truck. Everyone would think I'm driving a special prototype. Could have fun with that. 3d print some weird shapes to affix to the body and cause all sorts of weird rumours.

Sponsored

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I dunno, I want tech-cammo added an option for my truck. Everyone would think I'm driving a special prototype. Could have fun with that. 3d print some weird shapes to affix to the body and cause all sorts of weird rumours.
Not to mention the stealth effect for those Highway Patrol encounters šŸ˜‰

thev8man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid XL, 2023 XLT Tremor
Engine
Undecided
Clubs

Ford is not resting on the strong response to its Maverick pickup, and has begun testing a more off-road-focused prototype, as evidenced by this new prototype we spied.

Different Camo Catches Our Eye
This new prototype gets a fresh disguise treatmentā€”different from prior Maverickā€™s caught before it went official. Those earlier Maverick prototypes had graphic camo stretching into the roof pillars, while leaving the lower ground effects and bumpers undisguised. This new Maverick prototype has its bumpers and side sills fully camouflaged, while the graphic wrap stops just below the door handles.

New Off-Road-Focused Front Bumper
While all current Mavericks get traditional front bumpers, this prototype shows signs of a new front skid plate, and a design that promises a much better approach angle. What at first glance looks like a disguised bumper with a rather low front chin, looks phony upon closer examination. It appears that Ford's disguise artists have placed fake caps on the outer corners of the front bumper, to hide the new clearance-minded design treatment.

FX4-Based Prototype
This prototype has a visible FX4 sticker on the rear corners, and the visible independent rear suspension confirms that this Maverick is AWD.

Itā€™s too early to tell how deep Ford will go down the off-road rabbit hole on this Maverick prototype, but itā€™s clear that efforts are under way to keep the lineup fresh as it goes into its second year on sale. As we know, Ford trademarked the name ā€œRattlerā€, and many believe this new moniker is destined for a special-edition, more off-road capable Maverick. Weā€™re not sure of the name, or what else might be hiding beneath that camouflage, but Ford is clearly working on a special new Maverick variant to satisfy more adventurous customers.

ford-maverick-offroad-rattler-prototype-spied-1.jpg

ford-maverick-offroad-rattler-prototype-spied-2.jpg

ford-maverick-offroad-rattler-prototype-spied-3.jpg

ford-maverick-offroad-rattler-prototype-spied-4.jpg

ford-maverick-offroad-rattler-prototype-spied-5.jpg

ford-maverick-offroad-rattler-prototype-spied-6.jpg

ford-maverick-offroad-rattler-prototype-spied-7.jpg

ford-maverick-offroad-rattler-prototype-spied-8.jpg

ford-maverick-offroad-rattler-prototype-spied-9.jpg

ford-maverick-offroad-rattler-prototype-spied-10.jpg

ford-maverick-offroad-rattler-prototype-spied-11.jpg

ford-maverick-offroad-rattler-prototype-spied-12.jpg

ford-maverick-offroad-rattler-prototype-spied-13.jpg

ford-maverick-offroad-rattler-prototype-spied-14.jpg
Yep, I love my Tremor XLT. That spying help me make my decision to get one along with the suspension and rear end talks.
Sponsored