Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks sweet!!
Looks like a XL trim front end mixed with a regular FX4 package. I don't see anything special visually.
Why does everyone say this? Like the 2.3L is some magical unit.. I think most fail to realize the Lincoln Corsair can be optioned with the 2.0L or the 2.3L..

It's slightly worse on fuel and only marginally better in performance.

Look at Car & Driver tests of 2.0L AWD vs 2.3L AWD... doesn't seem worthwhile to me. I'm surprised it's even an option in the Lincoln to be honest. The 2.3L was actually 0.1 sec slower in the quarter and takes longer to brake considering the added weight of 20" wheels on 2.3L and only 19" on the 2.0L.

2.0L AWD ----------------------------- 2.3L AWD

1635791658873.png

2022 Lincoln Corsair Review, Pricing, and Specs (caranddriver.com)

Per the article:
"We'd also recommend sticking with the 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder as its performance is very similar to the more expensive 2.3-liter's."
AFAIK, the 2.3 is simply a stroked 2.0. Nothing wrong with that, but I'd be a lot more excited if it were a GDI+port injected engine, but being so similar you just get a bit more power with the same carbon fouling concern if you keep it long term.
Sponsored

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Given it is a Ford though, I think "rattler" is an awful marketing blender to pick for a name. It just really opens the whole thing up for a lot of jokes. I mean, I just ordered an XL and it's already going to be a rattler.
As in "rattler can" needed to fix all these paints chips

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It says "FE330004" It's on the driver and rear passenger doors also.
Nice. Hmmm FE.... First Edition as used elsewhere? Curious minds and all :unsure:

MDRN

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat First Edition Hybrid Rapid Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There is a tiny decal at rear of bed just below bed rim and between the FX4 decal and tail lights on both sides. Can't get enough resolution to make out what it says...
I think that's the prototype number. It's on the driver's door as well. "FE330004"

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FORD should be concentrating ALL efforts and resources into speeding production of bronco, f150 lightning and maverick. 100k+ people are waiting on them and they spend time and money on this?
Doesn't work like that when you manufacture multiple products and are a global company. Each product/project has it's own timeline from design to final sign off to manufacturing to sales.

Besides, what makes you think Ford hasn't done everything they possibly can to get each of those products to completion right now? Do you think they don't want to make profits from them yet? It's very likely there are still obstacles to overcome that are beyond their ability to control- such as limited supplies available and ports backed up, lack of CDL drivers, etc.

Zepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman S, Maverick XLT (Alto Blue), Altrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well let's see; the last time I checked, our beloved Maverick is on the same C2 platform as the Corsair, which is different from that of the Ford Mustang. So there's that.

Why do you think if the 2.3L were in the Maverick it would be tuned so much more aggressively than it is in the Corsair? I think you're dreaming. The 2022 Lincoln Corsair is the best, current comparison for 2.0L AWD and 2.3L AWD that we could possibly use in order to speculate the potential outcome if offered for our Maverick. If you want to compare it to a Focus RS or a Mustang, be my guest. I don't see Ford offering it in the Maverick, and if they did, it would be tuned nearly the same as it is in the Corsair.

Given that the Focus RS is a good 500-600 LBS lighter and does not run on 29" tall tires, I would expect it to be tuned a bit more aggressively and handle that power just fine. The heavier Maverick on taller tires would require a lot of beefed up components to support the same power as the RS, again, just not gonna happen IMO.

1635794847536.png
My point stands. The power and torque you submitted above show a low state of tune for the 2.3L compared to Ford's performance applications for the engine. Why would you think the 2.3L Ford would put in a performance variant of the Maverick would be in low state of tune? And why would you think they wouldn't "beef up the components" in a performance variant of the Maverick? Sure it'll be expensive. The raptor is a lot more expensive than an FX4 F150.

rcheneyjr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Highlander, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When will this be out? 2024?

PCL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline (stopped waiting on Maverick)
With the limited ability to actually make the Maverick a true offroader, it seems like just calling this "FX4 Pro" or something would be a better choice than trying to build all new branding.

Sponsored

PCL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline (stopped waiting on Maverick)
I wish Ford would spend more time on how to build more hybrids in a reasonable time frame.
The design guys and engineers can't do much to solve supply chain issues...

mikitamagoo

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand cherokee
ugh why cant they come up with a better muffler design! That pipe will be ripped off first speed bump

Reactions: bgn

BoxxerDad@50

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built 2023 XLT hybrid, sold MY23Lariat,MY22XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fantastic ford is dumping energy and money into a new model while the Hybrid that started this platform as new only of its kind isn’t out for production and purchase as so many of us wait!!

Zepper

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman S, Maverick XLT (Alto Blue), Altrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your point is falling on def hears.. this isn't a performance variant. It's an "off-road" variant, a small step above the FX4 but with a big price jump. The 2.3L isn't coming to this application, this application will be the Bronco Sport Badlands equivalent. When a Maverick RS prototype gets spied and posted, we can continue our debate there, but I bet the "sport/performance" variant of the Maverick still has the 2.0L (y) It also can be enhanced by Ford and produce plenty of powah.
What is a "def hear"

I'm sorry, but how do you know this isn't a higher performance version of the Mav? Has Ford even made any announcements about this? Are you sure the truck in the picture isn't test-muling a 2.3L . Oh thats right you don't know for sure.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why does everyone say this? Like the 2.3L is some magical unit.. I think most fail to realize the Lincoln Corsair can be optioned with the 2.0L or the 2.3L..

It's slightly worse on fuel and only marginally better in performance.

Look at Car & Driver tests of 2.0L AWD vs 2.3L AWD... doesn't seem worthwhile to me. I'm surprised it's even an option in the Lincoln to be honest. The 2.3L was actually 0.1 sec slower in the quarter and takes longer to brake considering the added weight of 20" wheels on 2.3L and only 19" on the 2.0L.

2.0L AWD ----------------------------- 2.3L AWD

1635791658873.png

2022 Lincoln Corsair Review, Pricing, and Specs (caranddriver.com)

Per the article:
"We'd also recommend sticking with the 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder as its performance is very similar to the more expensive 2.3-liter's."
Since I have driven the 2.0 and 2.3. performance is no where close and would like some added oomph for towing.
Sponsored