Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@jtpc2021

My 2021 Venza had very soft paint. Chipped easily. It's like the paint is never dry.
Sponsored

Milous

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Alto Blu, LUX, Sunroof, delivered 3/18/22
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
7 months in, not a lot of miles yet - just under 3k, but so far no paint issues with my Alto Blue XLT.

Gmood1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
G-man
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My brother's carbonized gray is showing specs of rust under the clear coat. I instructed him to contact Ford for warranty repair.

The Alto Blue doesn't seem as durable as one would think. Mine easily chips as well.
I have to hand wash it regularly. As the bug guts will leave burn stains on the paint.
I keep it waxed with Turtle hybrid ceramic wax. Which makes it much easier to clean.
I use soap on it maybe once a month. Other than that I just hit it with the water hose and wipe down most of the time.

YazYaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm always amazed at how so many people think clay barring and applying a ceramic coat is some combination of mysticism and rocket science. Both are simple and straight forward. They are far easier than waxing and buffing.

Maverickblues

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm always amazed at how so many people think clay barring and applying a ceramic coat is some combination of mysticism and rocket science. Both are simple and straight forward. They are far easier than waxing and buffing.
My Mav will be here in less than 2 weeks. What ceramic coating did you use?

Sponsored

bbyBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick (VB), 1986 Lincoln Mark 7
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Which is why my first purchase is ceramic coating.
Hey man Question, did you put it on yourself ? how was it ? Not to hijack the thread but I was thinking about doing it myself since I got a quote for 3k .....

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
Or maybe i'll just tell Ford I don't want it, get my deposit back and go get a damn 2022 or '23 Toyota Rav4 XSE hybrid. At least I know Toyota dishes out a quality product that is reliable for the long-term, especially on the highway.
Good luck with Toyota paint. Google search Toyota super white. There are many Tacoma owners with the paint flaking off. My 2019 Tacoma tailgate had to be repainted when brand new because there was so much debris under the paint.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey man Question, did you put it on yourself ? how was it ? Not to hijack the thread but I was thinking about doing it myself since I got a quote for 3k .....
No. I'm not skilled enough. For a new (like off the truck) vehicle, there is a local shop here who will do it for $850.

Saul T Knutz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Crown Victoria
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Paint issues with Ford aren't a new phenomenon, the Crown Vics had a color that was nicknamed "Peelformance White". Also, it has been advised that you skip the factory PPF and get it installed by the dealer when your truck arrives. AFAIK that cost can be added into your financing (should you be financing). Or, you can attempt to do it yourself, which shouldn't be too hard. I ordered my Mav with the factory PPF, then removed that option. Thinking of having the dealer doing it depending on cost. I should have plenty of time to watch a few youtube videos to see if it's something I want to tackle on my own. You can absolutely do a ceramic coating yourself, cs92lx has a video on youtube doing his on the Mav he owns...

Sponsored

Stupak

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now I understand what people are talking about when they say the paint on the Mavericks is crap. I had an overhead fluorescent light that I was changing the bulb and after I changed it it fell out and broke a couple feet from my Maverick. A few of the glass pieces ricocheted and hit my Maverick and chipped the paint in a number of spots. Ridiculous! I have more paint chips on the Maverick in the few months I have owned it than than the 11 years I owned my previous vehicle.
I have to agree with the poor paint quality. I love my Maverick, but chips have been happening wo any apparent cause. Between the thin paint and the scratch-prone plastics, I find myself babying this truck far more than any truck I've owned. Maybe that's not a bad thing, though...

Gooberhamm

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota Corolla S Premium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good luck with Toyota paint. Google search Toyota super white. There are many Tacoma owners with the paint flaking off. My 2019 Tacoma tailgate had to be repainted when brand new because there was so much debris under the paint.
I have a 2015 Super White Toyota, never had any issues with paint. I've owned 3-4 Toyotas and never had an issue with the paint. Want to buy American, but need peace of mind on the highway and in quality build.

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
I have a 2015 Super White Toyota, never had any issues with paint. I've owned 3-4 Toyotas and never had an issue with the paint. Want to buy American, but need peace of mind on the highway and in quality build.
I’m glad you’ve had good luck, but it is a known defect. Toyota recalled 10 years of super white on most vehicles except Tacoma.

https://www.toyoheadquarters.com/th...e paint peeling on exterior metal body panels.

There is a mega thread on paint failures on Tacomaworld.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/consolidated-super-white-040-paint-issue-failure-thread.689940/

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I would think in Mexico they have a little more latitude than we have in the US because of environmental laws so they should be able to produce a good paint job. Years ago when I was looking at Mazda 626s I could tell the Japanese ones from the ones produced here from about 5 feet. And the paint jobs here were nowhere near as good.