AltoBlueLariat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Now I understand what people are talking about when they say the paint on the Mavericks is crap. I had an overhead fluorescent light that I was changing the bulb and after I changed it it fell out and broke a couple feet from my Maverick. A few of the glass pieces ricocheted and hit my Maverick and chipped the paint in a number of spots. Ridiculous! I have more paint chips on the Maverick in the few months I have owned it than than the 11 years I owned my previous vehicle.
Sponsored

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

and you have an Alto Blue, which I was considering or an Alto Blue. Have you ceramic coated your Maverick? Not sure if that would help anyway.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ceramic coating will do little to nothing to avoid chips. Minor scratches…..yes. Impacts…..no. Only PPF will do that.
It's still a truck. I'm just looking for the paint to not fall off while looking at it. I have friends who have done the ceramic thing and it looks great. That's all I need. If I was looking for max protection, I would have the entire body sprayed.

Sponsored

projectvortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
It's still a truck. I'm just looking for the paint to not fall off while looking at it. I have friends who have done the ceramic thing and it looks great. That's all I need. If I was looking for max protection, I would have the entire body sprayed.
I agree. A ceramic coating like gtechniq csl will make it look fantastic for a few years at least. Best bet is to PPF the leading edges and surfaces then ceramic over everything. Best of both worlds.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree. A ceramic coating like gtechniq csl will make it look fantastic for a few years at least. Best bet is to PPF the leading edges and surfaces then ceramic over everything. Best of both worlds.
Not a bad idea.

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not a good thing all these complaints about the quality of the paint on the Maverick. I wonder if this is a Maverick specific issue or across all vehicles with Ford. Not good at any rate, Some chips are not always seen right off and not noticed until rust sets in and then the problem just got bigger.

The other day I say an 09 Ranger painted completely in black bed liner. No chips there. :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not a good thing all these complaints about the quality of the paint on the Maverick. I wonder if this is a Maverick specific issue or across all vehicles with Ford. Not good at any rate, Some chips are not always seen right off and not noticed until rust sets in and then the problem just got bigger.

The other day I say an 09 Ranger painted completely in black bed liner. No chips there. :ROFLMAO:
I have a 2020 Escape and haven't noticed issues with it. But as I said in another post, the Maverick is still a truck. I don't do truck things in the Escape. And I live in the deep South. If the paint is chipped, it is under eight layers of bug guts.

Friend of mine has his Tacoma sprayed in colored Line-X. It's an option.

MLA62563

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve had mine for nine months and 6k miles, with no coatings or even a wax job. The paint still looks perfect, with not a chip or scratch to be found.

I do plan to wax it soon, though.

Mav_27

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve had mine for nine months and 6k miles, with no coatings or even a wax job. The paint still looks perfect, with not a chip or scratch to be found.

I do plan to wax it soon, though.
Same here. Almost 6k and just did a 4k mile road trip and no chips.

Mightybeast

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

3m plastic wrap aka ppf the shit out of it. Make sure it's 8-10 mm thick. And ceramic coat it with H9 graphene stuff.3 coats.
Sponsored