First Name
Asel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Engine
Undecided
Came here to see if anyone did this. Bravo.

PS - There's no way in hell this movie is going to be worth the wait after all these delays. They began filming over 3 years ago and it's been finished for a long time. I love Top Gun but I hope this bombs. These film studios remind me so much of record companies in the early 2000s, doing anything they can to deny the influence and prevalence of music file sharing networks. And you would think theaters would be doing everything they can to lure customers with perks, etc but they just keep getting worse. Mine stopped offering the free large popcorn refills. And they wonder why people like me sneak in movie candy from Walgreens that costs $1. Giant TVs are dirt cheap now. People want streaming and no BS from rude theatergoers with their loud mouths, cell phones, etc. I love the theater experience but it's dying a slow, miserable death.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Came here to see if anyone did this. Bravo.

PS - There's no way in hell this movie is going to be worth the wait after all these delays. They began filming over 3 years ago and it's been finished for a long time. I love Top Gun but I hope this bombs. These film studios remind me so much of record companies in the early 2000s, doing anything they can to deny the influence and prevalence of music file sharing networks. And you would think theaters would be doing everything they can to lure customers with perks, etc but they just keep getting worse. Mine stopped offering the free large popcorn refills. And they wonder why people like me sneak in movie candy from Walgreens that costs $1. Giant TVs are dirt cheap now. People want streaming and no BS from rude theatergoers with their loud mouths, cell phones, etc. I love the theater experience but it's dying a slow, miserable death.
I am NOT making an excuse for the theaters, but perhaps give some perspective. I've been going to the movies for the last 3 months (Cinemark theater). This theater is still giving free refills on popcorn and soda, but that's it. Looking at the attendance level at the movies I can understand why some theaters have cut back in some areas. Think of any big movie that has come out in the last 3 month and I've seen them all with 2-3 after release and there hasn't been more than 10-12 people at the 7ish showtime (I count)! I think people are still concerned about going to a theater and the theaters are struggling to stay open. Of course everything I've state is only based on what I've seen here in my city (Tucson) and at one movie theater. As for Top Gun, meh, I'll go see it mainly because I want to see the flying scenes and I respect that Tom Cruise does a lot of his own stunts. After 26 years in the Air Force and being around military my whole life I still get a thrill watching an mil jet fly-by and when they pour on the afterburner!! WOW!! Oh and I too have been sneaking in candy for years! The prices theaters charge is outrageous!!

Last edited:

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Maverick Memes -  fun diversion while we wait [ ** NO POLITICS ** ] {filename}
Sponsored