Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
BEV, just waiting for them batteries... I just put $90 of fuel in my work van this morning. My electric bill last month was $96 total and I put many more miles on my Mustang.
My wife's Mach-E should be coming into the dealer any day now. Same color as yours. Can't wait to start using it around here. The cheapest gas around here, Costco, is $4.19 a gallon for 87.
Sponsored

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What should really get your boots shaking are the calls for $200-$300 oil over the next few years. Being is California is rough right now, I couldn't imagine owning a large truck if that forecast comes to fruition.
Just as a reminder, we are still under the voluntary international agreement for several countries to reduce production, after we ended up with such a massive surplus that all of the world's storage was full, and oil traded negative (you had to pay people to take it from you) for the first time in history.

All that's required to get oil prices down is a willingness from the governments to increase production.

Remember, there are people that for decades want to fear monger about oil prices to drive people to alternative energy which is just as big $$$ as big oil. The whole reason we had movies like Mad Max was based on real fear mongering at the time that we would reach something they called "peak oil" catastrophe by 1971, and then pushed forward and forward, and it was supposed to result in global WW3. Instead fast forward half a century and we quickly learned we have more oil capacity than we can use if we don't artificially restrict output, and global reserves even without technological development is at 250 years at current consumption rate.

Gas in California is only expensive because their government desires it to be. That can change in a single election cycle if the people want it to.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE, MachE, Explorer, C10
Engine
Undecided
Just as a reminder, we are still under the voluntary international agreement for several countries to reduce production, after we ended up with such a massive surplus that all of the world's storage was full, and oil traded negative (you had to pay people to take it from you) for the first time in history.

All that's required to get oil prices down is a willingness from the governments to increase production.

Remember, there are people that for decades want to fear monger about oil prices to drive people to alternative energy which is just as big $$$ as big oil. The whole reason we had movies like Mad Max was based on real fear mongering at the time that we would reach something they called "peak oil" catastrophe by 1971, and then pushed forward and forward, and it was supposed to result in global WW3. Instead fast forward half a century and we quickly learned we have more oil capacity than we can use if we don't artificially restrict output, and global reserves even without technological development is at 250 years at current consumption rate.

Gas in California is only expensive because their government desires it to be. That can change in a single election cycle if the people want it to.
I do not disagree.

I just do not enjoy pumping gas.

RGinFL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I get what you're saying. Here in this forum, we're all for one and one for all. We may not necessarily agree with one another's mods, tire choices or whatever, but damn it...I'm so sick of this politically-correct BS. The fact that Vezpa doesn't feel like he can say what he wants is a frightening testament as to the direction this country is headed.
Unfortunately, this is not a FSP Free Speech Platform. Gaggle will censor you if you are not careful.
Make Speech Free Again!

Sponsored

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wife's Mach-E should be coming into the dealer any day now. Same color as yours. Can't wait to start using it around here. The cheapest gas around here, Costco, is $4.19 a gallon for 87.
I would love to have a Mach-E but my only problem is they can't tow anything which makes no sense with the torque it puts out. I wanted the gas mileage of the hybrid Maverick that I started with but switch to the EcoBoost all-wheel drive. I've only had 1 front wheel drive(Ford probe GT) out of 9 vehicles and did $4,000 damage to it. If they had a all-wheel drive hybrid I would have stick with the hybrid šŸ˜¢ plus I need to be able to pull my camper.

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, they have ballooned to ridiculous sizes, but that has been going on for 30 years. A quick search for compact cars available in the US yields a boatload of crossover SUVs. Even Honda has eliminated the sub-compact hatchback (and I am not sure that VW offers an economical Golf). But as the article states, if gas prices stay where they are (we are at $5.20 a gallon in Northern California), that pendulum is going to swing pretty quickly.
Damn, I just filled up at $2.85

Ford Maverick Maverick is going to get a lot more popular C3D61F30-062B-4185-8A92-AB5AD1419894

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do not disagree.

I just do not enjoy pumping gas.
Good point, although I don't think the Mav will change that for me, since I'm coming from a super massive fuel tank.

My Ram average about 16mpg (mostly highway) x 29 gallon (32 gallon tank, but there's usually 3 gallons in the tank even when it reads super empty) = ~460 miles of range.

Mav hybrid would do say 37mpg x 12.5 gallon (13.8 gallon tank) = ~460 miles of range.

On the plus side though, refueling a smaller fuel tank will also go much quicker. Buddy bought one of those Kia Sorento hybrids, and they are supposed to get the same 37mpg combined as the Mav, but have a 17.7 gallon fuel tank, that one could do ~600 miles using the same reserve range. šŸ˜µ

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

So true. Most of CA gas prices are taxes. If they would get rid of the many taxes in their fuel, their gas would be more like the rest of the country.
I saw a breakdown of it one time and it is so dumb what they fund with the random taxes hidden in the fuel cost.

Sponsored

inthecabin

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Also in CA youā€™re either bumper to bumper or foot on throttle to keep up either way is not efficient. But you have to pay to play and they know itā€¦

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
Really hope ford gets smart and makes a AWD hybrid. That would sway over people in the north more.
I live in the north east and I can count on one hand how many times I put my
Iā€™m taking a leap in SK going to a Hybrid and FWD only, but owned many cars before that were FWD and managed to get aroundā€¦.the bigger leap is going from a F-150 3.5 4WD to this in sizeā€¦.in 10 years I have only pulled a trailer twice, both times at the GVMR weight or overā€¦.at my age I donā€™t see moving againā€¦..well with a full household anyway
Snow tires help.

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also in CA youā€™re either bumper to bumper or foot on throttle to keep up either way is not efficient. But you have to pay to play and they know itā€¦
I am in Northern California, purposely here where I see zero traffic. Most days I can ride to work and get 50+ a gallon on my bikeā€¦but I am lazy and like a heater some days. I have trained myself to go 65, and my car gets 36 mpg every time without failā€¦prices are still killing me.
Fell to $4.95 today. Ridiculous.
Sponsored