Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Awesome!

Look into seat pads, a little cushion in the right place might help. But I get some discount in ANY car after a full day in the seat...
I have found that on any long trip if I take my wallet out of the back pocket... My Butt and back thank me for it..
Sponsored

TheShark

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat Tremor, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sounds like a nice trip except for you butt issues, I hear you though, I feel the same after long trips. The wallet thing sounds like a good idea, I wonder why I never thought of that! That silver Trans Am looked very much like my 1977.

Space

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Appreciate the tip! I find that my Nissan Sentra with the leather (what Nissan calls “Zero Gravity”) seats to be far more comfortable for me on long drives.
I believe they are wider and longer and overall bigger seats.
I feel almost zero discomfort in comparison to the MAV when driving the Sentra for several hours and even getting out of the Sentra, I don’t feel as stiff/sore as I do getting out of the maverick after a long drive.
🤓 Interesting, our Nissan Murano of decades past was our most favorite. Mostly because of the seats. You know with one entry into the car.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Amazing trip! Thanks for sharing how the Maverick's lamps handled inclement weather. When the weather is bad at night one really wants more light closer to the vehicle and that's where good fog lamps would come in handy. The forum has a great thread highlighting those who have researched and installed fog lights in the Maverick.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sounds like a nice trip except for you butt issues, I hear you though, I feel the same after long trips. The wallet thing sounds like a good idea, I wonder why I never thought of that! That silver Trans Am looked very much like my 1977.
Cargo pants, my friend, cargo pants

Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Want better highway mpg???

It's ok to drive "normal", if your mind is in the right place-

Pretend Nixon is president, and you just heard a brand new, catchy song on the radio...

Yep, you guessed it-

Speed limit is 55...
Normal highway driving in my area is 80-100 mph. Very hard to only drive the speed limit without feeling like an idiot.

OP
OP
MaverickSVT

MaverickSVT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Contour SVT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Amazing trip! Thanks for sharing how the Maverick's lamps handled inclement weather. When the weather is bad at night one really wants more light closer to the vehicle and that's where good fog lamps would come in handy. The forum has a great thread highlighting those who have researched and installed fog lights in the Maverick.
I agree 100% that fog lights would have been a game changer during the driving conditions mentioned.
Fog lights would have been so beneficial and such a great way to add extra light on the ground when I was having trouble seeing the lines on unfamiliar roads on top of it.
I don’t have any cataracts or anything, it was just the combination of blacktop highway with rain, it was super dark out with no street lights, and cars coming at me with their headlights, made it so hard to see the road.
Too bad ford skipped on giving the Maverick Fog Lamps. It would have been one of the best safety features the truck had imho.
They really need to add fog lights to the Maverick. It would be such a welcome addition to so many of us Maverick owners.

OP
OP
MaverickSVT

MaverickSVT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Contour SVT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I never have my wallet in my back pocket while driving.
the guy that has the Trans Am said he bought it used I believe he said out west if I’m not mistake. What a beautiful TA that is!!

OP
OP
MaverickSVT

MaverickSVT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Contour SVT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel your pain! The seats and their range of adjustment in my Lariat make them tne most UNCOMFORTABLE seats in any of my previous 7 PU trucks.
I agree with you. All my other pickups had really comfortable seats in comparison to the Maverick seats!

Sponsored
OP
OP
MaverickSVT

MaverickSVT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Contour SVT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
🤓 Interesting, our Nissan Murano of decades past was our most favorite. Mostly because of the seats. You know with one entry into the car.
Yeah Nissan makes really comfortable seats. The Nissan Rogue we had as a loaner also had really comfortable seats.

OP
OP
MaverickSVT

MaverickSVT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Contour SVT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have found that on any long trip if I take my wallet out of the back pocket... My Butt and back thank me for it..
Yeah I never had my wallet in my back pocket while driving. I can’t stand it lol

vabchusa

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford C Max SE, 2022 Maverick First Edition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have found out that if you are a male removing your wallet makes the seat much more comfortable (most of us keep so much stuff in the wallet that we are not sitting even on the seat).

OP
OP
MaverickSVT

MaverickSVT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Contour SVT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Night glare issue sounds more like cataracts. Wife had them at 55 yrs old.
Definitely don’t have cataracts. It was just really poor conditions all around I believe anyone would have had trouble seeing.
Sponsored