First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There should no interference in the braking system by anything on the car. Braking the car is the sole responsibility of the driver and should not be affected by new technology. Very dangerous and not something a driver has to get use to.
Agree. It's a safety issue and needs to been fixed.
Sponsored

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lariat and still wind noise ? I'm lowering my expectation.

That's a great break-in.
My Lariat is as quiet or quieter than my last Sport Trac and my wife's Equinox. Just went to OKC and back @ 70-80 MPH.

OP
OP

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
My Lariat is as quiet or quieter than my last Sport Trac and my wife's Equinox. Just went to OKC and back @ 70-80 MPH.
It's all relative. I'm over the road and wind noise. I'm passed the days of installing high end stereos in vehicles and it's a Great Truck for the price. My only concern is Ford fixes the intermittent brake glitch. When things are intermittent there is no way to anticipate when it will happen.

Aherpa

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge, Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wife and I went on a road trip to visit a few sights and visit relatives.

The trip started at home in Pennsylvania, and we traveled through West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Missouri, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia and back to Pennsylvania.

Impressions:

Seats were excellent.
Plenty of power through the mountains and for passing.
No engine or electrical problems.
Edit: The cruise control did most of the driving and worked flawlessly in the mountains.

The bad:

Road noise and air moving pass the windows and doors is very annoying above 65 miles per hour. Engineers probably didn't test in a real-world wind tunnel.
Ran into road work in every state and the brakes did that thud others have talked about with the abrupt stop. Almost rear ended twice in traffic. Wife won't drive now after it happened to her in traffic. Need a FIX FORD.

Trip Data:

I started with a full tank and ended with a full tank right up to the gas cap and have all the receipts in between. Will add up to see if the dash calculations are correct provided the Gas Stations are honest.

Edit: From Gas Station Receipts - $321.58/67.4606 Gals 2227.3 miles/67.4606 = 33.016 MPG

3.6 MPG Discrepancy in Fords favor.

IMG_2088.JPG

Did see two bright blue Mavericks in Kentucky and a hauler in Indiana with three RIVIANS.
Thanks for the review! If I am not mistaken, the amount of regenerative braking can be adjusted. If it can't be adjusted, a driver can 'learn' to minimize it's effect by using the 'coach'.
Others can chime in and correct me, but I thought there was a setting to adjust the regen-braking to make it smoother.

TRUCKHEF

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No way to adjust regen braking except through drive modes or pressing the L button, I would recommend that everyone report the brake glitch so ford will fix it faster. As for wind noises some people have no problems and others do…it makes you wonder why they put fender insulators on lariat ecoboosts and XLT/lariat hybrids. My wind whistling noise is definitely a trim issue and something not being sealed properly somewhere…thinking about holding off on taking it in the having a tech rip apart the interior trying to find out what’s causing it.

Sponsored

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wind noise and the base model stereo are two regular complaints on this board. I can tell you that both of those things are better in our Maverick (XLT hybrid) than in our '17 VW jetta. For the price, I was actually quite surprised at both of those things.

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat, Subaru WRX
Lariat and still wind noise ? I'm lowering my expectation.

That's a great break-in.
I have a lariat and am constantly driving 70mph on the highway and the wind noise is far better than a vehicle at this price point should be. Not sure what thief problem is here or if the OP is just really sensitive but my lariat with the sound screen windshield is downright silent compared to my Subaru wrx.

OP
OP

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a lariat and am constantly driving 70mph on the highway and the wind noise is far better than a vehicle at this price point should be. Not sure what thief problem is here or if the OP is just really sensitive but my lariat with the sound screen windshield is downright silent compared to my Subaru wrx.
Art,

How could you hear anything after driving a WRX? :)

OP
OP

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh, by the way, the AC was the best I have ever had on a vehicle, ever. Ford got that right.

Sponsored

PDM33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Hybrid Lariat is way quieter that the last 2 F-150s I've owned, I think it's great! Sure it's not as quiet as an S Class or my Macan or Panamera but it's also a $30k truck, not a $70k+ luxury vehicle. If you're concerned about minor road noise and wind noise you're in the wrong vehicle and the wrong price bracket.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only time I notice any noise it's due to crappy pavement. On a more recently paved stretch of highway there is no noise in the cabin at all, even if I'm at 80+mph
Sponsored