1300 mile road trip

sgtcurry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Palisade, Model X, Ioniq 5
Engine
Undecided
Took a 1300 mile road trip from Houston, TX to Bentonville, AR for Bentonville bike fest. Got 24.5 mpg which was still better than the last time I took this trip in a different car but I was not expecting the MPG drop being that large from the roof box and rack. I took a trip to San Antonio from Houston and got 34 mpg on the highway both ways so 24.5 MPG was rather a large hit.

Other than the MPG hit from the roof pod my Maverick did it like a champ. No complaints from my Friends and didnt haven't any problems with the wind and sway from the roof box. Maverick is doing what I bought it for perfectly.

Ford Maverick 1300 mile road trip 1685728118591
Sponsored

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thats a BIG box up high. I would expect a pretty large hit in MPG.I would have guessed maybe 6 mpg. Glad it worked.

OP
OP

sgtcurry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Palisade, Model X, Ioniq 5
Engine
Undecided
Thats a BIG box up high. I would expect a pretty large hit in MPG.I would have guessed maybe 6 mpg. Glad it worked.
Yea well I had it on my palisade before and it only dropped 2-3 mpg. Was not expecting probably 8mpg easily.

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yea well I had it on my palisade before and it only dropped 2-3 mpg. Was not expecting probably 8mpg easily.
My GUESS is that the palisade was more powerful so the engine only had to work a little harder but the smaller less powerful maverick worked harder. Just a guess. A couple of cars back I had a Nissan versa Note. Put a roof rack and kayak take away 6 mpg BUT my friends F150 ad same kayak and take away maybe 1 mpg.
Sponsored