2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JeepGC Overland, 2010 Tahoe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My goal was to try an achieve the look of the old Sport Trac Adrenalin package and the exhaust that I just had done is one step closer. Stock muffler, stock cat and pre cat with only a resonator delete and dual outlet tip.

Used-2010-Ford-Explorer-Sport-Trac-Adrenalin-AWD-1586016232 (1).jpg

20221128_143010.jpg

20221128_143020.jpg

More indepth photos that folks were asking for.

20221128_160254-jpg.jpg

20221128_160225-jpg.jpg
That looks pretty good. Nice job.
Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That came out really nice. Your truck looks great!!!

:)

dwkfb69

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BOSS 302 Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nicely done, I have an 08 Sport Trac, which i love, its just getting up there on miles, my 23 Lariat Maverick Tremor has a build date 0f 12/09... cant wait to get it home so i can start "fixing" it... not that there is anything wrong with the Tremor... just needs a few personalized touches

Bigronron

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus rx350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not really. The Prius uses a 1.8 liter engine so the Mav Hybrid at 2.5 is almost 40% larger than the Prius.

The Hybrid uses variable valve timing to achieve Atkinson cycle. So it can instantly switch between Atkinson and Otto (traditional ICE). When you put you foot into it, the Hybrid will be in Otto cycle.

The engine sound is not the cause of the unusual sound the Hybrid makes, it's the eCVT. For highest efficiency / power it will keep the engine RPM constant even when the car is accelerating. But if you put it in Sport mode, it will allow the engine to change RPMs with simulated gear shifts.
No need to defend and explain yourself, a lot of people on here know how it works.
To each their own like I said

Sponsored

OP
OP

JChristiansen

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Ascent
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
pro tip for finishing the cutout. Go done to any auto parts store and get some door edge guard in black something like this. https://www.amazon.com/Black-Guard-Molding-Models-D-I-Y/dp/B0055TQ87A

Put that on the edge that was cut. It should give you a better finished edge. I have a similar one on order. I have to laugh a bit as it does sound like my grandma's old sewing machine, but you are right, it does look good. Nice mod.

Quick question as I'll be driving our Mav Hybrid in northern Idaho. Are you on stock tires? If so, how do they handle in snow? If not, what are you running.

Cheers.
I had to get rid of the stock tires for the winter and they were replaced with a set of Toyo Celsius. Truck handles the snow pretty amazing for a FWD only rig.

ladyhawkgt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

would this affect mileage?

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@JChristiansen , you passed me today on I-90 heading East out of Spokane! There is no mistaking your blue Maverick with the dual exhaust.

Nice truck! Almost as nice as my Area-51 XL. :D

Sponsored
OP
OP

JChristiansen

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Ascent
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@JChristiansen , you passed me today on I-90 heading East out of Spokane! There is no mistaking your blue Maverick with the dual exhaust.

Nice truck! Almost as nice as my Area-51 XL. :D
I thought that was you! It was just nice to see another Maverick owner out on these crazy roads, 😆

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I find actual exhaust tuning a hybrid somewhat humorous. Your engine only sounds nice when it decides to turn over. We need a better solution. The fake engine and transmission sounds of the sports mode should be where we focus our efforts.
Ford added something sorta loud with fake sounds. They really should open up that and let add ringtones like we all did to our phones 10+ years ago. But instead people can pick and choose change at will anything from steam trains to forklift sounds etc. sound like a turbo expensive sports cars, star trek warp drives. Its just a sound mapped to speed and acceleration.

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Ecoboosts sound like crap at start up, WOT, and when cruising 🤷‍♂️
With the stock exhaust, I don’t think so. My eb is silent, from the tailpipe. Now, if you start jacking around changing the muffler, etc. then yes. But so does any 4 cylinder. Can’t make 4 sound like 8.
Sponsored