Sponsored

Aftermarket Exhaust for Hybrid Maverick?

stevj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Try THIS for more horsepower. It should work for any engine.

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is America, even hybrid owners have the right to annoy their neighbor at 6am with the sound of a 3,700lb fart noise generator.
Damm Right, and I am hoping to live next to you some day

PNWMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can do anything you want to it with the right custom work.

But, just because you could, doesn't mean you should. At least when it comes to a hybrid of this type.

cyberdog

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure I'd like a loud version of an Atkins Cycle engine droning into the cabin. The Atkins Cycle already looses power density, torque, and effective cylinder pressure. Adding a low restriction exhaust may further reduce torque, especially at low rpms, and increase the torque peak rpms, without actually increasing torque. That said, Ford dropped the second muffler/resonator on the '23 models, even on the Hybrids, but no word if the primary muffler in front of the rear axle was changed in the process.

I've done aftermarket exhausts in the past, and many times you do loose low-end torque, in exchange for a few measly horses at higher rpms. Granted the traction motor's roughly 137 ft/lb would help negate the torque loss, but it may sound ugly with the extend valve timing. I suspect you may also need a tune, to work around the change in torque/power peak rpms which will may result.

If you actually end up doing it, I think I can safely say we'd all be curious to hear a realistic sound clip from both inside & outside the truck.
Sponsored