First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How has an aftermarket company not made a skid plate with an access door yet?
I'm sure someone will have one soon. It wasn't that bad to remove, just tedious more than anything else.
Sponsored

mykream

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Corvette Z06, 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the Wildpeaks on my truck. Been waiting for some good snow to come down to try them out. Good review though! Well before my Maverick was built, I watched Driving Sports TV's videos on his Maverick. Pretty much had the same outcome as you found. Better to just throw all the power into it to get moving as any momentum is better than sitting still.

OP
OP
matmondro

matmondro

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the Wildpeaks on my truck. Been waiting for some good snow to come down to try them out. Good review though! Well before my Maverick was built, I watched Driving Sports TV's videos on his Maverick. Pretty much had the same outcome as you found. Better to just throw all the power into it to get moving as any momentum is better than sitting still.
Absolutely, I had a lot of confidence in it and it was very drivable. I've driven it on some icy roads recently too, and the Slippery Mode worked great. All around, I'm impressed. My family members who have Rangers, Super Duties, and a Jeep Gladiator were also impressed by how it performed!

vertigo12369

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
looks like you don’t have to take it completely off if you put in a fumoto drain valve….but you would still have to take off the part the goes under the filter. I really wish ford would have went with a cartridge filter that you changed from the top. Maybe someday someone will make a aftermarket plate that has access for the filter.
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/update-on-fumoto-drain-plug-new-one-works.19362/

1668917915930.jpeg
Hi everyone, you only need to remove the front skid plate to change the oil (filter access). The plastic air guide pops out of the rear skid plate to provide access to the drain plug. It's an awkward process, but it does come out. Recommended you place foil to block oil from hitting the rear of the skid plate and running to the rear of the truck.

Edit: love to see all the velocity blue fx4s.

OP
OP
matmondro

matmondro

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi everyone, you only need to remove the front skid plate to change the oil (filter access). The plastic air guide pops out of the rear skid plate to provide access to the drain plug. It's an awkward process, but it does come out. Recommended you place foil to block oil from hitting the rear of the skid plate and running to the rear of the truck.

Great! I'll have to look into this next time I change it. You'd think they'd make it a bit more obvious.

Edit: It appears it's just tabs holding that piece in? I always feel weary about dealing with tabs, especially when they're plastic.

Sponsored

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Exactly. They is why I plan on doing it once, then adding the fumoto valve that uses a hose to drain it out from then on. If they just had a top loading canister filter, it would be a really easy mess free job.

vertigo12369

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MK7 GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great! I'll have to look into this next time I change it. You'd think they'd make it a bit more obvious.

Edit: It appears it's just tabs holding that piece in? I always feel weary about dealing with tabs, especially when they're plastic.
Yes, close your eyes and pull. It's better when warm. A trim tool helps. I'm adding the fumoto valve on Wednesday when I can get it on a lift. Will take some pics and report back.

CSekel98

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Beetle
I use Sand mode to get wheel spin too, especially when I go places I shouldn't. 😎

That Velocity Blue is something in the snow, isn't it?

Here's mine from today.

PXL_20221119_183428883.jpg
what are those lights you added just below the windshield?

Sponsored

mikellmikell

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Colorado's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Southwest MI here with a front drive hybrid. Last week 4-5 inches of slush with ice under it. Not good for any vehicle but my truck was throwing the slush back on the hood and windshield. The truck was driving like a boat and 30 mph is all I wanted. Not sure why the stuff was coming back on the hood but it might have been because it was so deep. Other than that the winter driving has been fine.

OP
OP
matmondro

matmondro

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Southwest MI here with a front drive hybrid. Last week 4-5 inches of slush with ice under it. Not good for any vehicle but my truck was throwing the slush back on the hood and windshield. The truck was driving like a boat and 30 mph is all I wanted. Not sure why the stuff was coming back on the hood but it might have been because it was so deep. Other than that the winter driving has been fine.
I've noticed something similar about spray on the windshield. If I had slush on the hood, or standing water say after some rain, I'll initially get some spray on the windshield when first driving. It only happens when braking. I think the wind flow up the front of the grill carries it back to the windshield as the water rolls off the hood under braking.

mikellmikell

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Colorado's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This wasn't on the hood it was coming up in front of the vehicle onto the hood and windshield.. I figure because it was so deep. Lake effect off Lake Michigan.

OP
OP
matmondro

matmondro

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This wasn't on the hood it was coming up in front of the vehicle onto the hood and windshield.. I figure because it was so deep. Lake effect off Lake Michigan.
Likely. I've had this happen in deeper snow. Especially anything powdery. I know you guys got it pretty good over there this past week. We also have a cabin in Newaygo County, we snowmobile around Baldwin during the winter.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bronco Sport is the same way with the front end design throwing the snow, slush, rain up over the front edge of the hood. Probably just due to their boxy designs...
Sponsored