Sponsored

Update on Fumoto drain plug, new one works.

psuarmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bough a Fumoto drain plug and talked about it here and how it didn't fit with the FX4 skid pate. I contacted the company and they sent me a different model. The F137S with a 1/2 inch adapter.

It fit. There is enough clearance and the plastic cover does not get in the way. Here is a pic of it draining out the last bit of oil. It looks like it sticks out further because I have the hose adapter on. When you take it off it is about even with the lever.

I didn't take a pic with the plastic cover back on because it doesn't show anything, but it does fit without rubbing. and the cover will protect it.

P.S. the black stuff everywhere is overspray from the Cosmoline undercoating. We got a little sloppy underneath.

Ford Maverick Update on Fumoto drain plug, new one works. plug
Sponsored

ttengrah

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
psuarmy I just installed the same setup during my last oil change and had a difficult time getting the fumoto valve to sit at the same rotation shown in your picture. When I tightened it down, my valve was rotated so that I had a difficult time snapping the access cover back on. I noticed that I do not appear to see the blue crush washers in your picture that are included with the fumoto valve. Did you happen to encounter any similar issues or use different crush washers to achieve the fit pictured? Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!

OP
OP

psuarmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
psuarmy I just installed the same setup during my last oil change and had a difficult time getting the fumoto valve to sit at the same rotation shown in your picture. When I tightened it down, my valve was rotated so that I had a difficult time snapping the access cover back on. I noticed that I do not appear to see the blue crush washers in your picture that are included with the fumoto valve. Did you happen to encounter any similar issues or use different crush washers to achieve the fit pictured? Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!
So this is how that picture happened. I drained the oil and installed the Fumoto valve. I then hooked the hose to show how it works. I then closed the valve and poured the oil in. THEN I realized I didn't use the crush washers (as you can see in the pic). so I had to loosen up the valve and take it off as fast as I can and add the washers while dumping fresh oil everywhere. Surprisingly I only lost a little over a quart.

However I had no issues with the access cover going back on. Everything lined up well. It does not touch the valve. However there is a specific way the access panel has to be rotated so it will fit back in. Once you see how it rotates it becomes easier. Hope that helps.

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I really wish Ford would have went with a top loading cartridge filterā€¦.that along with the Fumoto valve would make oil changes really easy.

ttengrah

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So this is how that picture happened. I drained the oil and installed the Fumoto valve. I then hooked the hose to show how it works. I then closed the valve and poured the oil in. THEN I realized I didn't use the crush washers (as you can see in the pic). so I had to loosen up the valve and take it off as fast as I can and add the washers while dumping fresh oil everywhere. Surprisingly I only lost a little over a quart.

However I had no issues with the access cover going back on. Everything lined up well. It does not touch the valve. However there is a specific way the access panel has to be rotated so it will fit back in. Once you see how it rotates it becomes easier. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the info! I emptied out my oil and attempted to reinstall the fumoto valve with different crush washers, hoping I could slightly change the orientation but no luck. The valve is tightening in the same position with the lever side straight down. In this position, there is no space to squeeze the access cover back in. I think the machining of the threads on either the valve or oil pan must be variable which changes the angle on mine compared to yours. I actually just cut off the corner of the access panel cover to temporarily get it back on but plan on creating a custom cover that will mount flush on the underside and should solve my problem.

Sponsored

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I bough a Fumoto drain plug and talked about it here and how it didn't fit with the FX4 skid pate. I contacted the company and they sent me a different model. The F137S with a 1/2 inch adapter.

It fit. There is enough clearance and the plastic cover does not get in the way. Here is a pic of it draining out the last bit of oil. It looks like it sticks out further because I have the hose adapter on. When you take it off it is about even with the lever.

I didn't take a pic with the plastic cover back on because it doesn't show anything, but it does fit without rubbing. and the cover will protect it.

P.S. the black stuff everywhere is overspray from the Cosmoline undercoating. We got a little sloppy underneath.
Which cosmoline product did you use to undercoat your Maverick? Thanks,

OP
OP

psuarmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Which cosmoline product did you use to undercoat your Maverick? Thanks,
On the underside I used cosmoline rust veto 334
Inside the doors and inside the tailgate I used cosmoline creeper coat

Neither was hard to use however both were hard to use without making a mess. For the underside we used an air gun. For the doors we used a flexible hose with 360 nozzle. It dripped from the bottom of the doors and the bottom of the tailgate for about an hour. We just sat and waited.

Last edited:

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Neither was hard to use however both were hard to use without making a mess. For the underside we used an air gun. For the doors we used a flexible hose with 360 nozzle. It dripped from the bottom of the doors and the bottom of the tailgate for about an hour. We just sat and waited.
Thank you! I will check those out for use on my Maverick, when it get it!

TylerDurden

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mercury Marauder & 2002 Ford Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

How big of a container of each was required to do your truck?

OP
OP

psuarmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How big of a container of each was required to do your truck?
Not a lot. A gallon or less for the underside and less then a qt for the doors and tailgate.

we used an air gun with a flexible wand for the doors and a short stubby end for the underside. Donā€™t know what it is called. But I worked like an air painter.

BlueSpec1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT 2.5L, 22 Escape Plug In, 23 Bolt EUV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not a lot. A gallon or less for the underside and less then a qt for the doors and tailgate.

we used an air gun with a flexible wand for the doors and a short stubby end for the underside. Donā€™t know what it is called. But I worked like an air painter.
That sounds similar to a spray gun I'd used with Fluid Film on my previous truck. Wonder if it would work with the Rust-Veto 334.
Ford Maverick Update on Fumoto drain plug, new one works. Woolwax Zpro Undercoating Gnn - Kellsport
Sponsored