Sponsored

Pringles70

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta
My dealer called today to tell me my truck is in the recall list. Going in tomorrow to have it checked.
There should be some sort of compensation for those with damaged tanks, even if it’s a gas card
Sponsored

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I just dropped mine off at the dealership. The guy confirmed that it is the gas tank recall being discussed here. He mentioned that there’s one other Mav at the dealership that passed inspection and was convinced that if my truck were affected by the recall, I would have had a light come on, I would have smelled something or they would have caught it in some way. He was very optimistic about me having it back by Friday….

But I’m a pessimist, so I’m nervous.

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LuxLariat 2.0 cactus grey FX4
I just dropped mine off at the dealership. The guy confirmed that it is the gas tank recall being discussed here. He mentioned that there’s one other Mav at the dealership that passed inspection and was convinced that if my truck were affected by the recall, I would have had a light come on, I would have smelled something or they would have caught it in some way. He was very optimistic about me having it back by Friday….

But I’m a pessimist, so I’m nervous.
Mine was checked today. Tank was damaged but the tank wall was not actually penetrated. Has to be replaced. Don’t know how long to get replacement tank. So tanks can be damaged enough to require replacement with no light or smell.

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine was checked today. Tank was damaged but the tank wall was not actually penetrated. Has to be replaced. Don’t know how long to get replacement tank. So tanks can be damaged enough to require replacement with no light or smell.
Replacing only tanks with actual holes makes no sense. Neither Ford nor the Feds would allow tanks with holes extending part way through their walls to be left in place. If there is discernible damage, they should and presumably are, being replaced. Most of the damaged tanks won’t cause the driver to smell gas or cause any light to illuminate.

Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer called today to tell me my truck is in the recall list. Going in tomorrow to have it checked.
There should be some sort of compensation for those with damaged tanks, even if it’s a gas card
Compensation, Why? You weren't guaranteed there would never be any recalls in your sales contract were you? Be thankful they are right on top of it instead of stalling and leaving people hanging wondering if they have a problem on their truck.

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Replacing only tanks with actual holes makes no sense. Neither Ford nor the Feds would allow tanks with holes extending part way through their walls to be left in place. If there is discernible damage, they should and presumably are, being replaced. Most of the damaged tanks won’t cause the driver to smell gas or cause any light to illuminate.
Both of your posts make sense…. And make me even more nervous. 😩 I hate the thought of our trucks just sitting there without any timeframe of repair.

Especially driving this Fusion loaner. (I’m so spoiled 🤣)

Deleted member 1370

My dealership had 3 delivered somewhat recently and luckily mine was the only one not affected by the recall and I had a spray in liner standalone option. They double checked it to make sure. But alas it wasn’t, knock on wood mine isnt affected by any further recalls. I hope all of you whom had yours recalled have them fixed up very very soon!

Mr.T

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Yeah Ford was right on top of it.. Five months of production before issue was found. Then a month and a half after issue was found to put out a recall. Right on top of it, keep drinking the koolaid!

Pringles70

First Name
Kat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta
Compensation, Why? You weren't guaranteed there would never be any recalls in your sales contract were you? Be thankful they are right on top of it instead of stalling and leaving people hanging wondering if they have a problem on their truck.
Because have you seen the price of gas!? Lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
Whitenight

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
According to the notice that Ford sent to the dealers, if there is "ANY" damage to the fuel tank whether its a dimple from a drill bit or an actual hole, than they must replace the fuel tank.

OP
OP
Whitenight

Whitenight

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

TGada

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Good luck. I hope all goes well.
Luckily my truck's tank looked just fine!

It was slightly scuffed in a few spots. Basically the drill bit scratched the tank, but luckily did not puncture it. They pressure tested the tank and it functioned normally.

Picked her up last Thursday and I am loving this pickup

Best of luck to all of the people whose Mav's have been held up by this!

mjacobs06

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat 2.0
Just checked in with my dealer on my Lariat that failed the tank pressure test and needs to be replaced - their parts department is saying at least February for a tank/parts to come in to do the replacement. So frustrated and they can't rule out that we don't get to February and it becomes March....

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just checked in with my dealer on my Lariat that failed the tank pressure test and needs to be replaced - their parts department is saying at least February for a tank/parts to come in to do the replacement. So frustrated and they can't rule out that we don't get to February and it becomes March....
A number of Mavericks subject to recall have been sold. So someone who already has a Maverick subject to recall brings it in for inspection and the service department finds that the tank is should be replaced. The owner will have to leave the truck parked at the dealership until February?
Sponsored