Sponsored

Maverick based Flex Rendering

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Lloyd
Joined
Jul 19, 2022
Threads
90
Messages
4,233
Reaction score
5,638
Location
IL
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 08 E150 Clb Wgn, 25 Mav XL Hybrid AWD 4K
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Terry
Joined
Apr 27, 2021
Threads
115
Messages
4,745
Reaction score
9,178
Location
West Chicago, IL
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 

asylus

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
George
Joined
Aug 4, 2024
Threads
3
Messages
267
Reaction score
363
Location
TEXAS
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ford Maverick Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Lloyd
Joined
Jul 19, 2022
Threads
90
Messages
4,233
Reaction score
5,638
Location
IL
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 08 E150 Clb Wgn, 25 Mav XL Hybrid AWD 4K
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
So instead of the Flex lets just call it what they are really going back to: Ford Country Squire 😂
Which pretty much is what the Flex has always been. Here's my Flex.

Ford Maverick Maverick based Flex Rendering 20250327_171140
 

Sponsored

dumbcomputers

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Sep 30, 2025
Threads
12
Messages
278
Reaction score
510
Location
The Earth
Vehicle(s)
2025 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a permanent ECU fault (memory error) which came with a check engine light in my Flex, it could not be cheaply replaced due to Ford's passive theft system and the dealer was trying to rape me on the repair so I sold it to Carmax.
 

Kenv24

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Ken
Joined
Mar 21, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
1,025
Reaction score
1,650
Location
Texas
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every time I see or hear Ford Flex......Daddy's Home.....:crackup::crackup::crackup:

Ford Maverick Maverick based Flex Rendering Ford-Flex-Car-Used-by-Will-Ferrell-in-Daddy’s-Home-2-1-800x500
 

gzmn5m

2.5L Hybrid
Active member
First Name
Jerry
Joined
May 15, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
43
Reaction score
105
Location
Detroit suburbs
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would definitely buy this! I've thought Ford should build an SUV based on the Maverick hybrid (same wheelbase, just extend the roof to the back) since I bought my Maverick. Most current SUV's don't have the storage space that the old station wagons had, this would be perfect.
 

Cherokee

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Marty
Joined
Jan 3, 2025
Threads
67
Messages
4,774
Reaction score
9,481
Location
North Carolina
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The SUV was the package that finally got people to buy a station wagon.

Ford has the Explorer. It’s all they need.
 

gzmn5m

2.5L Hybrid
Active member
First Name
Jerry
Joined
May 15, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
43
Reaction score
105
Location
Detroit suburbs
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The SUV was the package that finally got people to buy a station wagon.

Ford has the Explorer. It’s all they need.
"All they need"? Yeah, that and two different size Broncos, the Escape, the Mach E, and two size Expeditions. And the Explorer is around $10k more than a Maverick, and I would hope a Maverick based Flex type vehicle would be less expensive than that. But, maybe you are right. I just find the storage compartments in the Bronco, Escape and Mach E are too short for my needs, and the Explorer and Expedition too big/expensive. I love my Maverick and would love a Flex like vehicle on the same platform.
 
Sponsored

Chops

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Gary
Joined
Jun 15, 2025
Threads
82
Messages
3,099
Reaction score
4,825
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
Lobo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
That rendering uses the front end of a Lobo:)
Ford Maverick Maverick based Flex Rendering IMG_0241


Looks better than the Lobo Limo though…

Ford Maverick Maverick based Flex Rendering IMG_0212
 
OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Lloyd
Joined
Jul 19, 2022
Threads
90
Messages
4,233
Reaction score
5,638
Location
IL
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 08 E150 Clb Wgn, 25 Mav XL Hybrid AWD 4K
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
"All they need"? Yeah, that and two different size Broncos, the Escape, the Mach E, and two size Expeditions. And the Explorer is around $10k more than a Maverick, and I would hope a Maverick based Flex type vehicle would be less expensive than that. But, maybe you are right. I just find the storage compartments in the Bronco, Escape and Mach E are too short for my needs, and the Explorer and Expedition too big/expensive. I love my Maverick and would love a Flex like vehicle on the same platform.
The Escape is no longer being made. Production has ceased to ready the plant for the new Mid size EV truck.
 

Cherokee

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Marty
Joined
Jan 3, 2025
Threads
67
Messages
4,774
Reaction score
9,481
Location
North Carolina
Vehicle(s)
2026 Ford Maverick Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"All they need"? Yeah, that and two different size Broncos, the Escape, the Mach E, and two size Expeditions. And the Explorer is around $10k more than a Maverick, and I would hope a Maverick based Flex type vehicle would be less expensive than that. But, maybe you are right. I just find the storage compartments in the Bronco, Escape and Mach E are too short for my needs, and the Explorer and Expedition too big/expensive. I love my Maverick and would love a Flex like vehicle on the same platform.
That Insult to the proud Mustang Badge, the Mach E will be gone soon. It’s selling poorly, I expected that.

If GM put the Corvette name on some pint sized electric hybrid wanna be car they’d have been laughed at for decades.

History will show the EV Stang as just such a blunder one day.
 

ScottyC

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Feb 5, 2025
Threads
10
Messages
915
Reaction score
2,053
Location
Central NY
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ford Maverick AWD hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any rendition of Maverick as an SUV should continue the Escape nameplate - it is already on the market and is recognized. The cache is already established.
Sponsored

 
 







Top