First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariot
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
adding another engine choice isn't going to get the production lines moving any faster, nobody wants a 3 banger gas engine, I wouldn't put that in a Chevette.
I think [and hope] you're right. IMHO the 3 cylinder addition to the Maverick line-up would be _REALLY_ dumb. But, hey: What do I know???
Sponsored

Turtle

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow, a unicorn!

That gets a $6843 IRS rebate! Wonder how much they are marking it up?

My son's 2022 PHEV Escape is the only one I've ever seen. It has the word "PLUG-IN" in all caps, but in tiny letters, above the "HYBIRID" name on the "HYBRID" badge on the passenger side of the tailgate. Also has the electric socket behind a door on the driver side of the front fender, so two "fillers", one electric and one gas. Drives very smoothly and quietly. Took 9 months to get from order date and he got it at MSRP.
Just checked they must of sold it - was there Monday when i had my Escape serviced.

bradFORD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
6/10 RR FE hybrid, tomorrow it will be 9 months of silence.
One question I have now is if I do not receive my Maverick before the my/23's go into production will I get a discount for taking a truck from the previous model year? 🤣
Wow, you deserve better attention on your order and wait time than most of us. Hope you get scheduled and delivered ASAP.

bradFORD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks CG for actually reading my post. I posted this a month ago today and sometime before that. These are HARD numbers, not assumptions. And as you say, this has nothing to do with Reservations. The first time I posted this a member tried to say the Bronco Sport VINs were included and another said Ford "skips" vin numbers . . . simply NOT TRUE! Vin numbers are assigned to "ORDERS" that are scheduled to be built. No, these sequential numbers are NOT the order of the production line (I and many other have explained this). It's just simple 4th grade math.
You are correct, my order VIN sequence number is earlier than other orders from my dealer, while I'm still behind them in-production, built or delivered.

Geldridge54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
One interesting tidbit from last night's YouTube live stream with @fordvideoguy was the number of Mavericks Ford intends to produce this month. Tim said it is 5,400 units, which is down from February and also down from a previously stated goal of 6,000.

As Tim noted in the video, if you assume roughly the same production level for the six months remaining in MY22, Ford will produce another 30,000-32,000 Mavericks before switching over to MY23 production.

Bottom line for guys like me who ordered in January: not optimistic about receiving a truck this year. Granted, none of us know exactly how many orders Ford has, but I have to believe the number was FAR in excess of 45,000-50,000, which looks like the total number of MY22 Mavericks Ford will produce.
If they build yours after Oct will it be a 2023 modle

Sponsored

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

no they have announced MY23 production will begin 10/24

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for responding to my question about continued scheduling on your video last night. First time I caught it live. I know you don't have a crystal ball, but are you fairly confident that those who actually placed an order (not reservation) in June and July for hybrid mavericks will actually be scheduled this year (assuming they removed the part constraints)? Recall you saying something on your video last night that Ford will be trying to get the June and July vehicles scheduled that have removed the part constraints (i.e., bedcovers, bedliners, etd.) Just seems like my dealer isn't getting the allocations and wondering how much that is factoring in?
He mentioned in a previous episode that Ford's Maverick priorities are scheduling dates for June, July and August by the end of April. All FE's will be produced this MY.

The bed accessories will continue to delay scheduling. Since the Lariat Lux requires the CP360 those orders will be scheduled ahead of stand alone Lux or CP360's. It also makes Ford more money. I expect the vast majority of bed accessories are being saved for FE's.

Last edited:

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim placed all (Long McArthur) individual retail orders at 10. The business with 50 fleet orders is 11. A dealership can assign priority number 10 through 19 for retail orders. Stock orders are 20 through 80.

MrEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Rav 4
I agree based on the declining #s built, not hard to see that there is no way in hell Ford will get all of their 22 orders built. I'm trying to decide if I want to wait for over a year for a Maverick.
I got my Maverick 2 weeks ago after 8 frustrating months. This truck is AMAZING! Worth the wait.

Espeer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2003 expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Using math on your numbers results in this:

500 orders / 900 reservations gives us 55.56% reservations to actual orders.

80,000 reservations at 55.56% is 44,444 orders
and 100,000 reservations at 55.56% is 55,555 orders
I'm wondering how generally applicable that conversion rate would be.

My (completely unsubstantiated) opinion is that people who actively seek out dealers like fordvideoguy, are probably much more serious than the average (virtual) "window shopper". IOW, my guess would be that the actual ratio of orders to reservations is a good bit lower. Who knows.

Sponsored

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
At that rate, I doubt they would be able to get all of the MY22 orders done in MY23, my guess is they had over 100k orders as the Bronco had about 125k orders in 2021 and it's a much more expensive vehicle.
They don't have 100k orders, their were 100k reservations but only about 50-60% actually converted to orders.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Eighteen months isn't a big deal to outstanding Bronco orders from the spring of 2020.

To sum up points Tim covered during E30 that I did not read about in this thread are: the delay table chart in the Visibility Report. It will show exactly what factors are holding up an order.

Only 19% of retail orders were not sold to the original customer and the number in the Kansas City region was only 9%.

The monthly Maverick allocations are based on previous Escape sales 30%, Ranger 30%, Bronco 15%, Ecosport 15% and Fusion hybrid 10%. This is why reservations and orders are at the mercy of last year's sales. It will hurt or reward a large or small dealer accordingly. Supplemental orders are based on the total available at the end of a month and commitments from other dealers in their zone.

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One interesting tidbit from last night's YouTube live stream with @fordvideoguy was the number of Mavericks Ford intends to produce this month. Tim said it is 5,400 units, which is down from February and also down from a previously stated goal of 6,000.

As Tim noted in the video, if you assume roughly the same production level for the six months remaining in MY22, Ford will produce another 30,000-32,000 Mavericks before switching over to MY23 production.

Bottom line for guys like me who ordered in January: not optimistic about receiving a truck this year. Granted, none of us know exactly how many orders Ford has, but I have to believe the number was FAR in excess of 45,000-50,000, which looks like the total number of MY22 Mavericks Ford will produce.
Good point. To put the numbers in perspective, companies like Honda cancel models (looking at you Fit) that sell below such numbers per year. 100,000+ a year would seem like more desirable production numbers for a company’s entry level vehicle. (I think the Honda HR-V sells around that each year these days.)

Rough year for the auto industry and production.

mb300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nissan Rogue and 2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Fix a glass of sweet tea and have some pie. It's gonna be ok. They'll get here, when they're built. Too many good things in life to be so stressed.
Thanks for the up lift but it has been 10 months I just wonder if it will be another 10 months.
Sponsored