Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Info from Ford dealer:

Commodities / Constraints

Spray-in Bedliner - 47% (56% of current builds)
Cargo Management System - 46% (54% of current builds)
CoPilot 360 - 42% (57% of current builds)
XLT Lux - 15% (29% of current builds)
Lariat Lux - 12% (25% of current builds)
Bed Cover: Soft Cover - 16%
Bed Cover: Hard Tri-fold - 2.5%
Bed Cover: Roll-Up - 3%
Bed Extender - 2%
Bed Mat - 2%

* The percentages mean how many Ford can build with that item / option. Currently for example, Spray-in Bedliner says 47% -- so the maximum Ford will schedule currently will be 47% of builds with this option.

Upcoming Planned Production Schedule:

March: 5,500 total (2,000 EcoBoost, 3,500 Hybrid)
April: 5,500 total (2,200 EcoBoost, 3,300 Hybrid)
May: 6,500 total (expected to be 55%/45% - 60%40% EcoBoost / Hybrid)
Forget about the percentages, they had 100,000 orders and with those estimated monthly production numbers it will take months to work down the volume. September begins the 2023 model year? Not sure they will build our the remaining 2022 orders after October?????? Anybody have any working knowledge of auto production model year timing?
Sponsored

SpacemanSpiff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Forget about the percentages, they had 100,000 orders
Correction: 100,000 reserved, not ordered. Only Ford knows that exact number. I'm guessing it's more in the 60,000 range that converted from a reservation to an actual order.

lmellberg

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick/Carbonized Gray/Ordered 8/26/21
Hmmm, at this rate I see people ordering the 2023 model getting their trucks before some of us...:cry:

patchmar93

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Explorer Sport Trac
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am looking at it this way..
Spray-in Bedliner - 47% (56% of current builds) 83.9% chance
CoPilot 360 - 42% (57% of current builds) 73.6% chance
Lariat Lux - 12% (25% of current builds) 48% chance
Therefore I have a 29.6% chance to get my Lariat, CoPilot, Sprayin bedliner built this year.

VICKY

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK 2.L ECO-BOOST & Mazda Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Look, the cross section of people waiting here is VERY small compared to actual orders. All it takes is a look at the order reporting here, what is it? 4,000 orders reported? Seriously, the Hermosillo plant makes almost double that in one month. The reality is that people who have been waiting for orders from their small low allocation dealers come here to vent and complain and it makes them seem like they are a larger cross section of Maverick buyers when in reality they are a very very small representation of Maverick buyers and most people are getting their vehicles within a reasonable amount of time. I completely agree with their allocation system as it's necessary for them to be successful. If you didn't research the ordering process and everything that is involved with it before placing your order then maybe that's on you and not Ford. Maybe your dealer should have told you that they get very little allocation.
100% correct, there are only 5,000, in this forum. My Sarasota Dealership told me right off the bat that it would probably be 6-8 months and longer for Tri-fold, spray in bed-line and even my Chili Red, it is a great place to vent tho, but so far Ford was straight with me.

Sponsored

n0maverick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tiguan, 2022 Maverick, 2013 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
100% correct, there are only 5,000, in this forum. My Sarasota Dealership told me right off the bat that it would probably be 6-8 months and longer for Tri-fold, spray in bed-line and even my Chili Red, it is a great place to vent tho, but so far Ford was straight with me.
Problem is not all dealers knew anything to start or are still clueless.

I ordered 7/23. Was told Fall likey November.
In October I was told one ordered right before mine was scheduled. Also saw in Sept another order from my dealer was scheduled on this forum.
In december the dealership quit responding to my inquires. Had to copy owners and upper management to get a response. At this point told no one knows when.

I'm still not scheduled 6+ months after order. Thankfully I'm not in a rush but the whole process has just been stupid. Most issue is lack of communication or consistent message.

I just wish I didn't get spoild by driving a hybrid. Once you get used to 40+mpg you never want a gas guzzler again!

maningr

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Envoy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
y'all are forgetting the biggest constraint of all.... SEMI CONDUCTOR CHIPS.... 1% ;)

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
y'all are forgetting the biggest constraint of all.... SEMI CONDUCTOR CHIPS.... 1% ;)
After all this time, I'm not going to settle for SEMI CONDUCTOR CHIPS.

I'm going to demand FULL CONDUCTOR CHIPS.

Damn it, I deserve it! o_O

Last edited:

maningr

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC Envoy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
[QUOTE="DryHeat, post: 194914, member: 2852"

I'm going to demand FULL CONDUCTOR CHIPS.

Damn it, I deserve it! o_O
[/QUOTE]

You can’t handle the chips!

brapier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kia Telluride, 2004 Ford F-150
Generally, removing a constraint item will increase you chances of getting a build date. However, there are plenty of folks on the forum that have removed items and are still waiting on a build date. Maverick Jesus has stated many times in his videos that you should remove any item from your build that can dealer installed (or you install) after you get your Maverick. Items like the bed mat or bed extender only take minutes to install, but could potentially hold up your build for weeks because it's a constraint item. Lastly, if you build is sitting at Priority 2 then you won't be able to make any changes until it drops back to Priority 10. Removing or adding an item to your build before you get a build date won't change your place in the very long, slow moving line of waiting for a build date. There are exception to everything I've stated, your experience may differ.

So I ordered a lariat AWD with FX4 and tow package in November 2021. I opted for hard bed cover. I just never thought it would take this long. I had no idea what I was getting into. I need a truck for work, Im a project manger for a construction company so I don't need a heavy duty truck just something with a bed. I am using my mom's KIA suv (she docent drive and has 2 cars) thinking about getting a Ranger until mine gets built. Just don't know what to do.

Sponsored

brapier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kia Telluride, 2004 Ford F-150
How do you know what priority you are??? I have only gotten a confirmation email saying they got our order. I am tempted to change my order, get rid of the bed cover and the Area 51

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So I ordered a lariat AWD with FX4 and tow package in November 2021. I opted for hard bed cover. I just never thought it would take this long. I had no idea what I was getting into. I need a truck for work, Im a project manger for a construction company so I don't need a heavy duty truck just something with a bed. I am using my mom's KIA suv (she docent drive and has 2 cars) thinking about getting a Ranger until mine gets built. Just don't know what to do.
It's been two months...

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A lot of folks didn't understand what theywere getting into when ordering so you're not alone. Personally, I'd drop the hard bed cover from your order, because you can get either the cover from Ford parts or one from any of the many aftermarket covers. They're easy to install. Right now those covers are a constraint item and that could hold back your order from getting a build date. Also, right now Ecoboost scheduling has picked up because of module shortages for the hybrids. I'm no expert, but I did sleep at Holiday Inn Express once! 😁

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How do you know what priority you are??? I have only gotten a confirmation email saying they got our order. I am tempted to change my order, get rid of the bed cover and the Area 51
Call you dealer and ask them your Priority. The lowest they get set it at is 10. Once Ford pulls your order for review it will get set at 2, which you could get a build date. It also means you can't make any changes to your order.

Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just the numbers:
By my understanding of the number of vehicles reserved it is somewhere around 100,000. At 6000 made per month that will take starting from Dec 2021 around 16 -17 months to make them all without delays, estimated completion by March- April 2023.
Unless my Nov third ordered XL without restraints gets bumped up...looks like it will be a 2023 model.
Wow...wonder what Ford will be offering to customers with that much delay for MSRP pricing?
Sponsored