First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sucks. Ordered the Bed Extender (2% constraint). Been priority 02 since October (ordered June 14). I'm screwed by a few bent aluminum bars on a hinge point.
Reached out to my dealer today to see if dropping that option is a good idea. Seems like it is based on this thread, and bonus that i was kind of regretting ordering it anyway, I guess.
Sponsored

Dano1138

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford fusion and Ford escape
I guess i wont be seeing mine anytime soon i have 4 of these constraints on order sooo....

Churaumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fiat 500
You are assuming Ford is going to put retail orders behind government, fleet and dealer stock orders.
Why wouldn't they? I might buy one truck a decade, the federal government leases hundreds a year. Maybe thousands. Then theres state, county, etc. governments as well. Those won't all be mavericks, but surely someone in some level is noticing small, fuel efficient trucks. Supposedly Ford pumps those out in summertime, so hopefully we retail orders get done by then. I just doubt it.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Why wouldn't they? I might buy one truck a decade, the federal government leases hundreds a year. Maybe thousands. Then theres state, county, etc. governments as well. Those won't all be mavericks, but surely someone in some level is noticing small, fuel efficient trucks. Supposedly Ford pumps those out in summertime, so hopefully we retail orders get done by then. I just doubt it.
Well, in order to believe this, you basically have to say Ford is flat-out lying about its desire to fulfill retail orders and satisfy customers. They said the whole reason to halt new orders was to ensure they can fulfill the ones they've got, and to avoid a situation where you have a bunch of unhappy customers (or MORE unhappy, based on the content I see on this forum) who will make waves and likely abandon the brand.

So, unless you are going to completely dismiss that notion (pretty cynical, but not out of the question) then you have to just keep waiting patiently with the idea that Ford IS going to get to your order eventually.

Then again, if you are convinced it's hopeless, I'm not here to change your mind. Take the funds you had set aside for a Maverick and shop elsewhere. Someone else will be happy to buy your truck if/when it finally shows up at the dealer.

SpacemanSpiff

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyreese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-15 Eagle
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Reached out to my dealer today to see if dropping that option is a good idea. Seems like it is based on this thread, and bonus that i was kind of regretting ordering it anyway, I guess.
My problem is that I'm previewing now at a priority 02. The last time it was pulled back from 02 to a 10 to make a change it took 3 months before I was back to an 02 again. I'm hopeful that my early order status may work in my favor for that 2% constraint on the bed extender. I'm not in a desperate position just yet as I have a surplus of older cars/trucks in my personal fleet.

Sponsored

xncrman

All those percentages for only 10% of Mavericks sold and waiting owners.

Churaumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Fiat 500
Well, in order to believe this, you basically have to say Ford is flat-out lying about its desire to fulfill retail orders and satisfy customers. They said the whole reason to halt new orders was to ensure they can fulfill the ones they've got, and to avoid a situation where you have a bunch of unhappy customers (or MORE unhappy, based on the content I see on this forum) who will make waves and likely abandon the brand.

So, unless you are going to completely dismiss that notion (pretty cynical, but not out of the question) then you have to just keep waiting patiently with the idea that Ford IS going to get to your order eventually.

Then again, if you are convinced it's hopeless, I'm not here to change your mind. Take the funds you had set aside for a Maverick and shop elsewhere. Someone else will be happy to buy your truck if/when it finally shows up at the dealer.
You sure read a lot into what I said that wasn't there. It's not hopeless, but Ford has consistently over promised what they could do. They said they shut off orders to make sure they could get them built. However, they did not shut all orders off, just retail and dealer orders. Who knows how many government and fleet orders will be taken. Could be thousands, could be 0. However, Ford does have an incentive to displace my one truck order to keep these big, revolving orders happy. If they get an order for a thousand trucks, they may not be accounting for that in their estimates. It's already looking tight for them to produce just what's been ordered to date.

I don't have the trust you do in Ford, apparently.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You sure read a lot into what I said that wasn't there. It's not hopeless, but Ford has consistently over promised what they could do. They said they shut off orders to make sure they could get them built. However, they did not shut all orders off, just retail and dealer orders. Who knows how many government and fleet orders will be taken. Could be thousands, could be 0. However, Ford does have an incentive to displace my one truck order to keep these big, revolving orders happy. If they get an order for a thousand trucks, they may not be accounting for that in their estimates. It's already looking tight for them to produce just what's been ordered to date.

I don't have the trust you do in Ford, apparently.
It's not even about trust. I just figure in life, the most obvious answer is usually the right one. Not always. But most of the time. In this case, we have Ford coming out twice with public announcements (once for hybrids and once for the EB) that Maverick orders were being shut off. And the stated reason for both instances was so they could ensure they will be able to build all the customer orders they have. The obvious answer here is to take Ford's statement at face value and believe they at least INTEND to build all the trucks that have been ordered.

Now, does that mean Ford WILL build them? No. The world is a crazy place. Supplies are constrained. A global pandemic is also impacting workforce availability. Tomorrow is uncertain, never mind next week, next month or next year. So, while I won't be surprised if circumstances beyond anyone's control ultimately prevent Ford from building as many Mavericks as they wanted to, I still doubt it will be because they chose to build a bunch of trucks for the government instead.

MavCpl2011

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick, 01 Wrangler, 91 Volvo240, 88 Wrangler
I had a lot of anticipation for my first new car...spent 14k on a base model 2001 Jeep Wrangler after high school...and that was when a base model was a base model. No stereo, no backseat, no a/c, no carpet. Nothing a few trips to pull-a-part didn't fix though! :ROFLMAO: If you love driving a canvas tent down the road with jetstream level wind noise and getting 14mpg highway while turning about 4000 rpm going 65 mph in one of the most underpowered engines ever, you'll love a 2001 Wranger SE. Sad to say, you probably can't get a 2001 Wrangler for 14k today.
Funny thing is my wife drives and 01 wrangler sport as a daily right now and that’s why we got the mav. She loves her 01 but travels for work so we’re trying to save on gas and miles on her play toy. My 88 wrangler lives in the garage and I daily my 91 Volvo 240 for saving gas so I feel your pain 😂

hunterdon1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 2014 Ford Focus is having transmission problems again and its out of warranty. I have waited 6 months so far for the maverick and I am not scheduled thru March and into April. Which adds a couple more months to the wait. I need to get into a new vehicle soon. I have been searching the dealer lots (not Ford) to see whats available. Once my maverick comes in, I will sell it to help pay for my new other vehicle.

Sponsored

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Funny thing is my wife drives and 01 wrangler sport as a daily right now and that’s why we got the mav. She loves her 01 but travels for work so we’re trying to save on gas and miles on her play toy. My 88 wrangler lives in the garage and I daily my 91 Volvo 240 for saving gas so I feel your pain 😂
Her ears will thank her on the highway lol. I would still take the 01 Jeep over those 4 door grocery getters they make now for 50k! :) Those old Jeeps are easy to work on too…plenty of room under the hood with that small motor and easy to slide under for oil changes(y)

brapier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kia Telluride, 2004 Ford F-150
Here is a question, if I call and ask dealer to take of one of these low percentage items off my order, will it slow my build???

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here is a question, if I call and ask dealer to take of one of these low percentage items off my order, will it slow my build???
Generally, removing a constraint item will increase you chances of getting a build date. However, there are plenty of folks on the forum that have removed items and are still waiting on a build date. Maverick Jesus has stated many times in his videos that you should remove any item from your build that can dealer installed (or you install) after you get your Maverick. Items like the bed mat or bed extender only take minutes to install, but could potentially hold up your build for weeks because it's a constraint item. Lastly, if you build is sitting at Priority 2 then you won't be able to make any changes until it drops back to Priority 10. Removing or adding an item to your build before you get a build date won't change your place in the very long, slow moving line of waiting for a build date. There are exception to everything I've stated, your experience may differ.
Sponsored