Monty1719

Monty1719

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forte GT, Prius Prime, Forte GT-line, Maverick awd
First world problems.......
Best response I have seen in a long time. :) Love it.

The shit we complain about sometimes is so petty.

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Best response I have seen in a long time. :) Love it.

The shit we complain about sometimes is so petty.
I know... I had a RAM 1500 that I bought about 7 years ago for about the same price I bought this Maverick. The Ram was much larger, bigger engine, turning radius of a battleship and sipped gas like as Irishman drinks beer. For about the same price I purchased something that takes less space in a parking lot, more efficient engine, turning radius of a go cart and sips the gasoline like it is a fine wine. Sigh... I gave up so much more for something so much less. Less size, less excess, less footprint and less money left at the gas pump. On top of all those things I downgraded... my XLT doesn't even have a button to push to start the darn thing.

Funny thing about those push buttons. I had a 2006 Dodge Challenger RT that was like strapping a rocket engine to a shoe box. After a few modifications, it was a hell of a ride as long as you were flying in a straight line. It had a push to start. After a surprise bump in the road that let me experience new heights, I landed a little rougher than took off. I checked out the car... no harm no foul. Things inside the car had rearranged themselves. Crazy thing was the starter button popped out. It just slips into the socket. I looked all over for the darn thing and found it the next day under the seat. So I'm side of the road, staring at my ignition because I just validated my stupidity in being careless. I see a hole where the button goes.. no button. So like anyone curious fool, I poke my finger in the hole and with a rumble the car started. I felt like I violated the car. It made for a great party trick to hand the button to someone and start the car while they were focused on their hand. As long as key fob was in the car, it worked. It did have the ability to plug the key fob in if the push button gave out, which it eventually did.

Jonny44

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav XLT,2013 Ford F150 XLT 4x4, 2015 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every car I have owned previous was fine, no buffeting. Not sure why it is so bad on this one. Just to be clear I am talking about the sound effect that makes it feel like year eardrums are popping.
I think it's because of the location of the release vent behind the rear seat. They're usually located in the trunk on both sides of the vehicle, but the Mav has no trunk and only one pressure vent. Whenever mine comes in I'll check it out.

Pogeegitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Max XLT, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Explained: That Weird Throbbing When You Open One Car Window (caranddriver.com)

Well based on this article we must have a very aerodynamic vehicle, although I am not sure that is true of a Maverick with it's truck shape. It is frustrating that with most vehicles you can open all the windows to stop it but with the Maverick it actually is at it's worst. At least closing the right rear window or opening the rear slider gets rid of it.
I was going to post something similar. However, I'll add that the boxy overall shape of the Maverick doesn't necessarily mean it can't also be relatively aerodynamically efficient - small features like ridges, lips, etc can be added to intentionally trip the flow from laminar to turbulent and keep it attached. There are a few things about the A-pillar on the Mav that seem to fit the bill. (I'm an aero engineer - I could go off and bore everyone further, but I'll leave it at that).

That being said, the best configuration I've found to minimize the effect is to have one front window open, and a rear window about 1/3 down. (For example, driver window all the way down, rear right 1/3 open).

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I don't know of any vehicle that doesn't have that annoying buffering problem with all 4 windows down. You can buy wind deflectors like the ones here. (I know these are not specifically for the Maverick, but you get the idea).
My Buick does the same thing with the windows on one side. Thanks for reminding my of yet another thing I miss and wish I had:
Fly Windows!

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the Lariat Lux has driver and passenger door modules that no other Mav trim have.
After having an XLT/LUX on order- We gladly ponied up the additional $3k to jump to the Lariat/LUX after driving one and understanding all the added options/goodies- Should finally have it this weekend- Yay- 8 months :)

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just noticed the rear seatbelt flapping against the seat with all 4 windows down last night. Pretty annoying.

I saw that here somewhere before, I think they wedged it between the cupholder to fix it, though you can't in an XL.

OP
OP
Monty1719

Monty1719

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forte GT, Prius Prime, Forte GT-line, Maverick awd
I just noticed the rear seatbelt flapping against the seat with all 4 windows down last night. Pretty annoying.

I saw that here somewhere before, I think they wedged it between the cupholder to fix it, though you can't in an XL.
I was going to mention that aweful banging the passenger front seat belt makes as it beats against the interior b pillar plastic trim. I usually have to just plug it in like someone is sitting there.

Ford must be going woke. The engineers probably never drove it with the windows open. They hopped in and cranked the a/c then grabbed a triple mocca vanilla latte grande wakey expresso skim lactose free coffee at the local starbucks.

I do still love the truck, don't get me wrong. Perfect combination of everything for my needs. When I was a senior in high school I wanted a GMC Cyclone so bad. The Maverick is todays version of that truck in my opinion.

r100gs91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Grey Hybrid- XLT w/Lux-2021 BMW F900xr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Driver's window full down, rear passenger side 1/4 down gets rid of the audio only gravity wave sound. AKA turbulence. Haven't had the rear slider open much.

Sponsored

Hypsypops

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Desmond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mazdaspeed 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone tried swapping the switch module from the Lariat to a XL or XLT to see if the auto-up/down will work?

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Buick does the same thing with the windows on one side. Thanks for reminding my of yet another thing I miss and wish I had:
Fly Windows!
In my day, we had quarter windows that eliminated the buffeting.
Ford Maverick Love the Maverick but........ BMW 2002

stick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep wrangler 4xe; 13 vw gli; 21 maverick xlt
Let me first say I love my Maverick since $26,000 makes it very easy to overcome the three things that really bother me.

First is the terrible wind buffeting with all 4 windows open. I always have my windows open and this drives me crazy. Leaving right rear window closed seems to fix the issue for the most part

Second is no auto up windows, and then top that off with how unbearably slow the windows do go up.

Third is the cheap feeling switch blade key that you have to use instead of a push start.

Would I spend $30,000 to fix these issues? No. For $26,000 I can live with it. But if those issues were not there the truck would be perfect.
I use to have vw without air and the perfect combo was passenger rear down, sunroof vented. quiet, circulating air - was perfect. But the $800 for the sunroof was too much, just run the AC instead now because I cant afford to have the window down option that requires the sunroof. In all cars I owned, there has been some level of buffet, noise, pressure pulses. Only the sunroof solved it for me

stick

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep wrangler 4xe; 13 vw gli; 21 maverick xlt
Has anyone tried swapping the switch module from the Lariat to a XL or XLT to see if the auto-up/down will work?
now this is a great suggestion - did you get any info on this?