Love the Maverick but........

Monty1719

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forte GT, Prius Prime, Forte GT-line, Maverick awd
  • Banned
Let me first say I love my Maverick since $26,000 makes it very easy to overcome the three things that really bother me.

First is the terrible wind buffeting with all 4 windows open. I always have my windows open and this drives me crazy. Leaving right rear window closed seems to fix the issue for the most part

Second is no auto up windows, and then top that off with how unbearably slow the windows do go up.

Third is the cheap feeling switch blade key that you have to use instead of a push start.

Would I spend $30,000 to fix these issues? No. For $26,000 I can live with it. But if those issues were not there the truck would be perfect.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Monty1719

Monty1719

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
I do have the rear slider but have not tried opening it yet. Too lazy to open and close it every time I get in and out. I got it more for the occasional long item from Home Depot. :)

pawalsh610

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Maverick 1st Edition Lariat, Mazda 2
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First Edition, Lux.
I have auto up on all four windows, push button start, and power rear sliding window.
Of course I paid $30K+ but I drove my 2001 Ranger for 20+ years with none of these features so I deserved (and can afford) the upgrades.;)

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know of any vehicle that doesn't have that annoying buffering problem with all 4 windows down. You can buy wind deflectors like the ones here. (I know these are not specifically for the Maverick, but you get the idea).

Sponsored

OP
OP
Monty1719

Monty1719

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
I don't know of any vehicle that doesn't have that annoying buffering problem with all 4 windows down. You can buy wind deflectors like the ones here. (I know these are not specifically for the Maverick, but you get the idea).
Every car I have owned previous was fine, no buffeting. Not sure why it is so bad on this one. Just to be clear I am talking about the sound effect that makes it feel like year eardrums are popping.

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
I wonder if auto up windows could be modded on the XL by swapping switches?

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First Edition, Lux.
I have auto up on all four windows, push button start, and power rear sliding window.
Of course I paid $30K+ but I drove my 2001 Ranger for 20+ years with none of these features so I deserved (and can afford) the upgrades.;)
Same here minus the First Edition. $30,400 Lariat Lux and worth every penny. I drove my XLT Sport Trac for over 15 years.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Every car I have owned previous was fine, no buffeting. Not sure why it is so bad on this one. Just to be clear I am talking about the sound effect that makes it feel like year eardrums are popping.
Ok, well then color me wrong! Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about and yes, the Maverick does suffer from it. So did my Chevy Colorado and as far as I can remember, every other vehicle I owned. Clearly, we drove different vehicles, so if you never had it happen with your other autos, I can see why this would be an issue. Good luck finding a solution. If you do, it will probably come from this club. Let us know.

Kevin H.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do have the rear slider but have not tried opening it yet. Too lazy to open and close it every time I get in and out. I got it more for the occasional long item from Home Depot. :)
I keep a collapsible baton like police carry in my truck, and I can use it to reach back and close the slider when I'm stopped at a light if I change my mind about having it open. I wish it was powered though.

Sponsored

SM2535

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Opening the rear slider will absolutely help with the wind buffeting. I have no issues when it's cracked open.

OP
OP
Monty1719

Monty1719

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wonder if auto up windows could be modded on the XL by swapping switches?
It would be nice. The window motors are different with auto up $70 retail each. I wonder if the BCM (body control module) or other module might also control the windows that is different. The master switch with auto up seems to be $40 retail according to my system

rustru

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX470
The rear window open helps tremendously! Perfect air flow.

Ferroplasm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback Onyx XT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First is the terrible wind buffeting with all 4 windows open.
Strange you had that observation. My XLT has less wind buffetting than any vehicle I've ever driven. Love driving it with the windows open. I have the rear slide window, but the wind is minimal with it open or closed.

OP
OP
Monty1719

Monty1719

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I keep a collapsible baton like police carry in my truck, and I can use it to reach back and close the slider when I'm stopped at a light if I change my mind about having it open. I wish it was powered though.
Might have to consider this idea.

The problem is really only at highway speed but part of my trip to work everyday includes a few miles of highway
Sponsored