First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
$26,000 to have to use a traditional key? I got you beat. I'm spending $30,500 for the same key (XLT, LUX, 360, AWD).

It could be soooo much worse. My current cheap Ford product is my 2010 Ranger XLT. Go over a bump in a curve and lose control because of rear axle hop. The windows shudder and lurch as they go up and down - when they are actually working. Brake system failed at 50,000 and I had to spend thousands on a rebuild. Sounds like a freight train even with the windows closed. My anemic 4 cylinder powertrain with 143 glorious horsepower trains you to be a driver who thinks ahead because it takes you 30 seconds to accelerate from 60 to 70 - if you're going slightly downhill.

Compared to my Ranger, the Maverick with all its many imperfections is gonna feel like a luxury vehicle. That's of course assuming it gets delivered this century (and I don't defect to another vehicle sooner).

I think every Maverick owner should go find a previous generation Ranger and take it for a drive. It'll make you feel so much better about your choice. Just be sure to find that curve with bumps.
Sponsored

northerncole

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FX4 Tow Package
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't know of any vehicle that doesn't have that annoying buffering problem with all 4 windows down. You can buy wind deflectors like the ones here. (I know these are not specifically for the Maverick, but you get the idea).
Does anybody else think the noise is something to do with the air vent outlet hidden behind the back seat? I was thinking that was causing the beating noise when a rear window is open. I have no idea but it sounded like it was coming from there.

Nomadikhan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Daytona Shelby Z, 07 Yaris, 22 Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you have a rear slider? My order has one and I hope it will fix this problem. I wish it was power like the Lariat has. I may look into how difficult and expensive it would be to make it power.
I have the rear slider and while my kiddo loves it, nope… zero impact on the whoop whoop whoop. Ihave to have rear windows down too.

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
$26,000 to have to use a traditional key? I got you beat. I'm spending $30,500 for the same key (XLT, LUX, 360, AWD).

It could be soooo much worse. My current cheap Ford product is my 2010 Ranger XLT. Go over a bump in a curve and lose control because of rear axle hop. The windows shudder and lurch as they go up and down - when they are actually working. Brake system failed at 50,000 and I had to spend thousands on a rebuild. Sounds like a freight train even with the windows closed. My anemic 4 cylinder powertrain with 143 glorious horsepower trains you to be a driver who thinks ahead because it takes you 30 seconds to accelerate from 60 to 70 - if you're going slightly downhill.

Compared to my Ranger, the Maverick with all its many imperfections is gonna feel like a luxury vehicle. That's of course assuming it gets delivered this century (and I don't defect to another vehicle sooner).

I think every Maverick owner should go find a previous generation Ranger and take it for a drive. It'll make you feel so much better about your choice. Just be sure to find that curve with bumps.
I’ve got a 97 model I still drive. Roll up windows and 112 HP. I bought it used in 99.

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
First Edition, Lux.
I have auto up on all four windows, push button start, and power rear sliding window.
Of course I paid $30K+ but I drove my 2001 Ranger for 20+ years with none of these features so I deserved (and can afford) the upgrades.;)
Must be nice. Can't get Lariat in Hybrid here, have to settle for maxxed XLT.

Sponsored

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I drive a convertible so I know the feeling with all 4 windows down. Super annoying with the wind whipping all around your head and ears.

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Same here minus the First Edition. $30,400 Lariat Lux and worth every penny. I drove my XLT Sport Trac for over 15 years.
Same for me, I got rid of my 2012 (first year) Sport_Trac that I have had owned since it was new.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Volt's buffeting with the windows open makes the Maverick seem silent.

MaverickGal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Laurie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First Edition, Lux.
I have auto up on all four windows, push button start, and power rear sliding window.
Of course I paid $30K+ but I drove my 2001 Ranger for 20+ years with none of these features so I deserved (and can afford) the upgrades.;)
I loaded up for the same reason…never had a new car and now I am goin’ for the total package… can’t wait!

Reactions: Dad

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
30k Lariat has it all. I can’t remember the last car or truck I’ve had that doesn’t drive you nuts with windows open. I do think I tried with the rear window open and it improved greatly. But I rarely open windows. Florida is either too hot or cold. Not a long season of comfortable weather.

Reactions: Dad
Sponsored

Automate

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid, Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It would be nice. The window motors are different with auto up $70 retail each. I wonder if the BCM (body control module) or other module might also control the windows that is different. The master switch with auto up seems to be $40 retail according to my system
I think the Lariat Lux has driver and passenger door modules that no other Mav trim have.

MLA62563

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've had a lot of cars and trucks of many makes with power windows, and the Maverick's windows seem to go up and down just as fast as any of them. Never gave them a thought until you mentioned it. However, I agree the buffeting does seem a little more pronounced than some (but by no means all...) of the vehicles I've had. Fortunately, I rarely drive with the windows down. And if I'm being honest, the kid in me thinks the "switchblade" key is way cool. Just sayin'. 😉

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I haven't had a vehicle in years that was comfortable with the windows open above 50 MPH. I agree that auto up and down make the transition from highway to backroad speeds easier to manage.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anybody else think the noise is something to do with the air vent outlet hidden behind the back seat? I was thinking that was causing the beating noise when a rear window is open. I have no idea but it sounded like it was coming from there.
That's a thought. I wasn't aware of an air outlet behind the rear seat. Of course, "hidden" explains why. Certainly something to consider.

OP
OP
Monty1719

Monty1719

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forte GT, Prius Prime, Forte GT-line, Maverick awd
Explained: That Weird Throbbing When You Open One Car Window (caranddriver.com)

Well based on this article we must have a very aerodynamic vehicle, although I am not sure that is true of a Maverick with it's truck shape. It is frustrating that with most vehicles you can open all the windows to stop it but with the Maverick it actually is at it's worst. At least closing the right rear window or opening the rear slider gets rid of it.
Sponsored