First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Getting back on topic, would the good old shut off, turn back on after a passenger leaves clear up the Uber issue?

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Getting back on topic, would the good old shut off, turn back on after a passenger leaves clear up the Uber issue?
Far too easy. Drill it, rig it, super glue it, unhook the speaker, cut the wires. Many many complicated choices to go for, beside the obvious.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ignorance is bliss. I don't care if you wear a seat belt or not. Except when you get in my vehicle, where you will wear one or get out.
I never drive without a seat belt. I never ride without a helmet and high end protective gear. But you can ride with me naked for all I care. Your decision. Most that claim seat belts would have killed or injured them are not able to prove that claim.
I think seat belt laws have been good for the country....but I also understand some don't like those laws. Same with helmets.
Years ago we used to be able to simply unhook the seat belt buzzers/dingers from the harness under the dash. Not sure if that can be done now. But after one trip of the buzzer coming on and staying on because someone unbuckled then rebuckled.....I too would be looking for a fix!
Judging from your list of vehicles, I would hope any ride you were offering me would require a seatbelt. Otherwise it just wouldnt be fair to the cars. As for riding naked with you, something about my 300lb GingerSquatch-ness tells me you would care.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Far too easy. Drill it, rig it, super glue it, unhook the speaker, cut the wires. Many many complicated choices to go for, beside the obvious.
So your saying make the truck a convertible then weld in a roll cage and put $49 Jegs plastic racing seats and Simpson Harnesses in and just straight pipe the exhaust so you dont hear anything but wind noise and 2 litres of fury?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fattdogs

Fattdogs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It does, but I don't wanna have to turn the car off every time someone gets out, I have a wireless android auto adapter and it's about a 30 second resync everytime the car turns on. Super 1st world problem, but just find it annoying that the whole thing coulda been avoided if there was just a weight sensor in the seat like most other cars

OP
OP
Fattdogs

Fattdogs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You can disable the seat belt stuff with Forscan. Was the first thing I did when I got the truck.
Wait... What??? Do you happen to have a link or write up? I have forscan but could never find a solution to disabling the seatbelt ping, screen, or reminders

801Maverick801

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Wait... What??? Do you happen to have a link or write up? I have forscan but could never find a solution to disabling the seatbelt ping, screen, or reminders
Man I wish I could help more, but it was so long ago and my girlfriend who is an IT genius helped out. If I remember correctly it's gonna be IPC and BCM.

Sponsored

hj630

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick xlt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’d put it on Turo and rent it out. Ppl need trucks and it’s not a great passenger vehicle because back seat is not big enough

Maverickent

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Today I heard an IPR interview with an ISP Sargent, as new distracted driving legislation is in the works in the Iowa state house. He stated that 58% of the 65 fatalities in Iowa crashes this year were not using safety restraints. I thought I misheard that, but I it checks out as accurate. We have no way of knowing how many of those thirty-six people would still be with the people who loved them. Even if it were one, that makes a dramatic difference in countless lives, by just doing one simple thing. If I can convince one person on this platform to use your seatbelt every trip, it might make a difference too. Also please don't look at your device while driving.

Attachments

flashfearless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mav Lariat Hybrid,2014 Ford Edge Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Weird, I hope I find the solution. I never wear seatbelts unless Im driving aggressively. If I see a cop I will put my arm through it but thats it. I will disable the speakers and the screens before I wear belts all the time.
Darwin at work.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Today I heard an IPR interview with an ISP Sargent, as new distracted driving legislation is in the works in the Iowa state house. He stated that 58% of the 65 fatalities in Iowa crashes this year were not using safety restraints. I thought I misheard that, but I it checks out as accurate. We have no way of knowing how many of those thirty-six people would still be with the people who loved them. Even if it were one, that makes a dramatic difference in countless lives, by just doing one simple thing. If I can convince one person on this platform to use your seatbelt every trip, it might make a difference too. Also please don't look at your device while driving.
That just tells me there is a 42/58% chance of a seatbelt doing any good. Thats almost a coin toss. Im not even sure the senate can do anything with that majority.

Darwin at work.
I wouldnt have kids anyway. These hands have never changed a diaper and never will.🙌
Sponsored