Fattdogs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As the post says, I signed up for Uber to get a little bit of cash before I head internationally in a few weeks. Anyways the biggest annoyance with it, is the seatbelt reminders, if someone buckles their seatbelt, the car thinks there's someone there, makes sense. However when they unbuckle and get out of the car, it will just keep pestering you that a passenger has their seatbelt undone even though they're not in the car. One passenger accidentally plugged into the back center seat and then redid it in the proper buckle, and the entire ride (< 2 miles) the car was beeping about it. Anyways, just figured I'd post about it, and maybe be presented with a solution.

(P.S. I've tried the seatbelt beep disable instructions in the manual and on the forum multiple times, doesn't work for me)
Sponsored

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is weird that you post this. For the first time since we got our Maverick in November, it did that to us yesterday.when my wife accidently put her rear seatbelt into the middle retainer. After that when we would drive, it kept coming on. Now two of us need the answer to the problem.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Weird, I hope I find the solution. I never wear seatbelts unless Im driving aggressively. If I see a cop I will put my arm through it but thats it. I will disable the speakers and the screens before I wear belts all the time.

Sponsored

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes. I used my Maverick for Uber a little bit, and it did the same thing. The truck doesn't care if the rear passenger never buckles, but if they buckle, then unbuckle before the truck stops moving, the truck goes nuts.

Flub

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger 08
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Huh what a surprise most "safety features" are really just distracting hindrances interesting. If you listen to most people in society or even this forum you would think that anything with safety in its name would be sacrosanct

OP
OP
Fattdogs

Fattdogs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is weird that you post this. For the first time since we got our Maverick in November, it did that to us yesterday.when my wife accidently put her rear seatbelt into the middle retainer. After that when we would drive, it kept coming on. Now two of us need the answer to the problem.
Yes. I used my Maverick for Uber a little bit, and it did the same thing. The truck doesn't care if the rear passenger never buckles, but if they buckle, then unbuckle before the truck stops moving, the truck goes nuts.
After posting, I figure I'd try my hand at solving the issue, and I found a solution, it ain't pretty but it works. What you do is you have to open the buckle itself, there's a metal tab attached to the plunger that goes down when the seatbelt is buckled. You drill out the pin to this tab and just leave it at the bottom of it's catch, reassemble the seatbelt and voila, the truck thinks the belt is buckled all the time. I did this to the rear 3 seats, may do it to the front passenger and driver to just get rid of the seatbelt screen all together. Let me know if you want pics.

(P.S. Opening the seatbelt itself will mar and scratch up the plastic, there's also 2 plastic pins in it that hold it on that will most likely be broken on removal, I just superglued it back together)

MortyHooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oooh my folks must have accidentally buckled the middle then unbuckled once, was pretty distracting (agreed less safe). I had to get them to put the middle seatbelt into the seat to resolve it.

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Weird, I hope I find the solution. I never wear seatbelts unless Im driving aggressively. If I see a cop I will put my arm through it but thats it. I will disable the speakers and the screens before I wear belts all the time.
What do you do when the other drivers are driving aggressively?

Sponsored

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I solved my problem as well. Since anyone rarely rides in the back seat, much less buckles up in the back seat, I just buckled them all up and left them buckled. Botta Bem Botta Boom.

Axlesup

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85K10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As the post says, I signed up for Uber to get a little bit of cash before I head internationally in a few weeks. Anyways the biggest annoyance with it, is the seatbelt reminders, if someone buckles their seatbelt, the car thinks there's someone there, makes sense. However when they unbuckle and get out of the car, it will just keep pestering you that a passenger has their seatbelt undone even though they're not in the car. One passenger accidentally plugged into the back center seat and then redid it in the proper buckle, and the entire ride (< 2 miles) the car was beeping about it. Anyways, just figured I'd post about it, and maybe be presented with a solution.

(P.S. I've tried the seatbelt beep disable instructions in the manual and on the forum multiple times, doesn't work for me)
I have a similar problem so I leave the center seat belt buckled all the time. I've done about 400 rides with mine and so far the customers really like it. I certainly enjoy the increased ground clearance over my old Prius. I also had no luck disabling the seatbelt chime.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

What do you do when the other drivers are driving aggressively?
Drive attentively, as always lol. Only accidents I've had were when I was young and wasnt paying attention. I pay attention now, even more so with my wife in the car. Most of the time I have no clue what she is saying while Im driving, I ask her for details at stoplights :ROFLMAO:.

Also on I survived 2 wrecks not driving, 2 wrecks driving, all with no seat belt. A old girlfreind was nearly choked to death by a shoulder belt while upside down.

I know I know, anecdotal shame or ticket me all you want, It wont change my driving style. Unless average speeds double.

Jatrax

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 VW ID.4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
all with no seat belt.
Can't say I agree with you, but to each his own. I've been in three wrecks in my life, in one the seat belt would not have mattered in the other two I would have been dead no question.

My son is also an avid seat belt hater, and it bothers us a lot but he is old enough to make his own choices, so we don't argue about it. I'll always wear mine and if you don't well, that's your choice and I wish you continued good luck.