I Love My Maverick

lanetang

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Lariat Diesel, 2012 Explorer Limited
I placed an order for the Hybrid Lariat with Luxury Package (Area 51) on July 1st, 2021 at Capital Ford in Raleigh, NC. I picked up my truck on March 16th (9 months later) and it was everything I hoped for. I was afraid that I would be disappointed with all the hype that I built up in my head. I feared the day after Christmas feeling. I am still lovin' it.

At 6'2" and a family of 4, it fits everyone comfortably. It has enough power to help me pass someone. I drive mostly on interstates at about 77 mph and I am getting 35 mpg. I even stopped by Lowe's to get to 8' lumber and it did the job. The price is great, although I am not used to a car payment so it still stings.

Below is a summary of my verified purchasing experience.
  • I did receive the interest rate that was offered July 1st, 2021. I took 1.9% at 60 months. No money down because where else can you find 1.9%
  • I also received a "Graduation" incentive ($750) from receiving my doctorate degree in May of 2021
  • I was not able to combine the graduation incentive with Farm Bureau or other incentives.
  • I wish Apple Carplay was wireless so I do not have a cable connected to my phone.
  • I had to pay the MSRP off the printed sticker in February and not MRSP dated Jully 1st, 2021.
  • The FordPass app is really cool
  • I am surprised by the number of strangers who really liked my truck and didn't know Mavericks were a thing.
  • The FITS Accessory is neat, but not great. The kit was shipped separately and I had to pick it up at the dealership a couple of days later.
  • I purchased GAP insurance along with an extended warranty. I like not worrying about breakdowns when I'm making payments.
The Maverick purchase was a good investment. Now, I only drive my F250 for hauling and carrying a lot of weight and I plan to be buried in the F250 when the good Lord takes me.
Sponsored