Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It does look pricey, but I have been finding out they are all pricey. This one looks like those cast magnesium seat frames from an AirBus. But alas the platform tents that go on top of them aren't inexpensive either.
Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

20k truck, 2k rack!

66six

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius / 22 Ford Mavrick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I see ladders and pipes…perfect .

ToyotaTurncoat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off-Road
Hmm. Looks like you'll just have to remove the tonneau cover not the whole kit.
I could be wrong, as I'm just basing this off this picture and videos of the tonneau cover I've watched, but it looks like the track for the tonneau cover will interfere with the way this clamps onto the bed.

Really hoping for a bed rack option that is able to work with the tonneau cover.

Last edited:

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford went ahead and pre-drilled holes for the rear support struts, so installing a piece like this should be insanely easily and not require a bit of modifications.
Sharp eye! thx for catching this.

Sponsored

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Really hoping for a bed rack option that is able to work with the tonneau cover.
Well, because there's no post holes/slots on the top of the bed walls, it would either be boring post holes for a typical rack and a regular cover or a tonneau cover that somehow rolls/folds around the posts mounted on the inside bed wall. Later seems complex...

ToyotaTurncoat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off-Road
Well, because there's no post holes/slots on the top of the bed walls, it would either be boring post holes for a typical rack and a regular cover or a tonneau cover that somehow rolls/folds around the posts mounted on the inside bed wall. Later seems complex...
Yeah, really kind of bummed they didn't put post holes or some other provision.

To be honest, I haven't had bed racks for many years; I've just made do with cab racks, which is probably what I'll do on the Maverick if/when third party companies begin to roll them out.

Although these do look sharp and can definitely handle more of a load!

OP
OP
theek

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I've got a cab rack in mind with a hitch mount brace.

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
I was unfamiliar with most Leitner stuff, but after digging around I'm so impressed with both their product and with Ford's engineering. Ford went ahead and pre-drilled holes for the rear support struts, so installing a piece like this should be insanely easily and not require a bit of modifications.

This rack will be perfect for me to throw kayaks and canoes on, and I'll most definitely pick up a few accessory bins to pop in and out whenever I need.

Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 10.07.07 PM.png
I wonder if they will build a cargo management system for the Maverick, it would allow a twin level of storage in the bed .

J_Garn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wonder if they will build a cargo management system for the Maverick, it would allow a twin level of storage in the bed .
I wouldn't be surprised, I have a feeling the aftermarket is going to come up with some really cool add-ons. And since the bed already has a shelf "slot" molded in, it would just be a matter of securing the platform to a bracket that could mount into the pre-drilled holes.

I feel kind of lame complementing the bed design so much, and I know it's not the only one with similar features, but I already have so many ideas of how I can utilize it that's pretty damn exciting for me.

Sponsored
OP
OP
theek

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking at the slots I'm wondering if I can. make a redneck version out of wood and pipe.

Edge Haley

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Edge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PORSCHE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looking at the slots I'm wondering if I can. make a redneck version out of wood and pipe.
Probably could but these look like molded plastic specifically engineered to fit the Maverick rail precisely...some times it's hard to attach some plastic items with wood and metal piping as strong as precision plastic parts...can defiantly see buying a foundation to add HF racks for mounting ROTAX gas/water cans, molle bags/etc, and a Harbor Freight roof rack, etc to the top rails. There are a bunch of ideas on the Tacoma systems that have been around for years.

There is a boat load of DIY brackets for Tacoma at Amazon="tacoma bed rail accessories", etc......sold individually for DIY people.

Last edited:

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Looks really nice. I've got that on the list to investigate further. Thanks for the lead.

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You may want to reach out to Decked Drawers. Fantastic, if pricey system.
I like the Decked stuff....Can't afford it. haha. Lot's of DIY videos on YT of ppl who have made their own "decked system". I'm considering something like that possibly.
Sponsored