Lumber rack for Maverick

Claytonburns

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 XL 4x4
Does anyone know if any company’s planning on making a rack for this truck? Ordered mine to use as a work truck and errand runner. Lumber rack would be super helpful!
Sponsored

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel
Does anyone know if any company’s planning on making a rack for this truck? Ordered mine to use as a work truck and errand runner. Lumber rack would be super helpful!
Any local aluminum fabricator would probably do u a custom one for about the price of one from a factory and get faster turn around then waiting for the market to open up.

Last edited:

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Interested too. I'm a hobby furniture maker so trips to the hardwood lumber yard figure into my Maverick future.

OP
OP

Claytonburns

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 XL 4x4
I have a 2017 f150 4x4 that’s my current truck now and I plan on keeping it but for doing material runs the Maverick would be a lot nicer and even more so that the gas prices are getting ridiculous. 17mpg to around 35 will be nice on the wallet

Sponsored

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am working on it. A cross bar on the Cab roof and a removable one at the back of the bed. It should be easy to load from the ground unlike the f150. It also needs a tube for pipe and fishing poles.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
I’m also thinking your local fab shop is the way to go, unless you can weld your own stock.
Grandad’s Alice Chalmer B was mostly coffee cans by the time I came along, but I do remember learning to well helping build the replacement hog rack for his 5th gen F series. Of course it was made of steel so a bit heavier, but easier to learn to weld on, than Al.

OP
OP

Claytonburns

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 XL 4x4
Yea not a bad idea on the harbor freight one, bust need the extension over the cab for longer material, being that the bed is only like 4Ft long

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea not a bad idea on the harbor freight one, bust need the extension over the cab for longer material, being that the bed is only like 4Ft long
If she has a 4ft bust, Sir Mix-a-lot called and asked how tall she is and if he can have her digits for his reptile? Something about a python? (Baby got back, front back and side to side -just to mix in some UGK from the minitruck hydraulic dancing dayz)

Spelling correction on our phones is almost as bad as Google voice is at transcription around Thanksgiving. It is astounding what turkeys can do.

But I get where your coming from also drop the tailgate and you have 6ft of bed with a 500lb capacity, put it in 2nd position I think it goes to 400 butis the right height to take a standard 4x8 ft dimensional sheet with a 24in overhang.

theEngineer

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav, '13 Mazda 3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sponsored

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harbor Freight also has this over-cab model: https://www.harborfreight.com/800-lb-capacity-full-size-truck-rack-98511.html

I would want to look at it in store and take some measurements to make sure it will fit on the Maverick's short bed, but assuming it fits, this could be a good option.
The Maverick doesn’t have stake holes, iirc. So is there a threaded hole option. Otherwise your first turn wil make things interesting to whomever is behind you 1 lane over

vap0rtranz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mav Hybrid XLT, '17 Chevy Colo Z71 diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How are you going to mount a lumber rack?

There's no post/pole slots on the top of the bed sidewalls.

Drill??

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How are you going to mount a lumber rack?

There's no post/pole slots on the top of the bed sidewalls.

Drill??
Threaded holes take accessories in where stakes would traditionally be is my unconfirmed understanding

According to motorbiscuit reports: There are eight standard tie-downs and cleats, built-in threaded holes, 12-anchor points, and slots stamped into the side of the bed. These are used to modify the Maverick to your own vision of greatness, such as creating extra storage, racks, or whatever your heart desires.

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid