Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That certainly appears to be the Mother of All Racks!

Looks great, well done!
Sponsored

billbillw

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cool concept. I am curious about the security of what is stored in the locking pods. Could someone remove the locked pod and walk away with it using the a hex-key set, or is there something that prevents removal?

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The rear horizontal rack is able to slide back-forth, which is why the struts are required
Yes, the load bar! I knew there had to be a good reason. There are knobs on the rear load bar you can loosen and just slide the bar up all the way to the front bar, so you can still load a dirt bike, freezer, etc., into the bed without clearance issues.

Thanks for showing us the way!

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Cool concept. I am curious about the security of what is stored in the locking pods. Could someone remove the locked pod and walk away with it using the a hex-key set, or is there something that prevents removal?
They could with the standard hardware, but Leitner also offers "security bolts" that would not allow that. I guess it just depends on how desperate someone is to steal your pod. I mean, unless/until you get the pod off the rack and can shake it back and forth, you really wouldn't have any way of knowing if there is anything inside...

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My buddy has one for his F-150 and I helped him install it. It's phenomenal (and it better be for the price 😉).

He tossed a 200 pound rooftop tent on top of it and it's been solid, even with how he drives his truck off-road.

Great product.

Sponsored

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My buddy has one for his F-150 and I helped him install it. It's phenomenal (and it better be for the price 😉).

He tossed a 200 pound rooftop tent on top of it and it's been solid, even with how he drives his truck off-road.

Great product.
Yes. Engineering, materials, fit and finish are all first-rate!

Reactions: bgn

TorchedTaco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeredd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Avalanche
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does a rack similar to this work good for hauling dimensional lumber? Maybe not this exact racking system but something that is raised above the cab.

My truck is set to be built next week and I'm really hoping to get a bed rack for lumber.

fishfund

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Promaster 136 WB HR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does a rack similar to this work good for hauling dimensional lumber? Maybe not this exact racking system but something that is raised above the cab.

My truck is set to be built next week and I'm really hoping to get a bed rack for lumber.
This is the best rack out there for hauling lumber with a Maverick

https://rackitinc.com/pages/ford-maverick

The rear bar can be taken off with a pin so you can roll in tall stuff like a dirtbike or refrigerator.

Ford Maverick UPDATED WITH ACCESSORY PICS: Leitner ACS Forged Rack Installed on my 2022 Maverick FX4 1676592456127

Here is a thread on that rack
https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/best-ladder-rack-rack-it-installed.19650/

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Sir, I respectfully submit this for your consideration. It need one ASAP!
Ford Maverick UPDATED WITH ACCESSORY PICS: Leitner ACS Forged Rack Installed on my 2022 Maverick FX4 976E70BD-8165-4E0D-85D6-03C4B32A35F3

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

OK, I got all the accessories mounted and took a bunch of additional photos. Interested to know what you think, and also what questions you have. I will be putting together a full video review of the rack and accessories and how they work together. This system is very versatile.

FYI: The rack itself is capable of supporting 1,400 pounds static weight, 800 pounds while driving on road and 400 pounds off road.

Also, for those wondering, the "thing" on the passenger side next to the large storage bin is a portable water unit with a built-in hand pump that pressurizes the system. There's a hose and spray gun that attaches and detaches for in-the-field showers, cleaning off gear, etc.

Ford Maverick UPDATED WITH ACCESSORY PICS: Leitner ACS Forged Rack Installed on my 2022 Maverick FX4 IMG_8787.JPG

Ford Maverick UPDATED WITH ACCESSORY PICS: Leitner ACS Forged Rack Installed on my 2022 Maverick FX4 IMG_8788.JPG

Ford Maverick UPDATED WITH ACCESSORY PICS: Leitner ACS Forged Rack Installed on my 2022 Maverick FX4 IMG_8792.JPG

Ford Maverick UPDATED WITH ACCESSORY PICS: Leitner ACS Forged Rack Installed on my 2022 Maverick FX4 IMG_8793.JPG

Ford Maverick UPDATED WITH ACCESSORY PICS: Leitner ACS Forged Rack Installed on my 2022 Maverick FX4 IMG_8794.JPG
Ford Maverick UPDATED WITH ACCESSORY PICS: Leitner ACS Forged Rack Installed on my 2022 Maverick FX4 IMG_8795.JPG
Ford Maverick UPDATED WITH ACCESSORY PICS: Leitner ACS Forged Rack Installed on my 2022 Maverick FX4 IMG_8797.JPG
Ford Maverick UPDATED WITH ACCESSORY PICS: Leitner ACS Forged Rack Installed on my 2022 Maverick FX4 IMG_8798.JPG
Ford Maverick UPDATED WITH ACCESSORY PICS: Leitner ACS Forged Rack Installed on my 2022 Maverick FX4 IMG_8799.JPG

Sponsored

Ponypower50

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maveriak Lariat, 2021 Mach e
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What letters did you use for the Maverick on the tailgate, looks great.

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

mjmav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23MavXLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for posting - I have been contemplating this system for a bit... Curious if you have any pictures directly from the back of the truck? Dimensionally with the accessories it looks like it might be 16-18 inches ish left in between the gearpods for cargo? truck looks great

OP
OP
pa-outdoorsman

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks for posting - I have been contemplating this system for a bit... Curious if you have any pictures directly from the back of the truck? Dimensionally with the accessories it looks like it might be 16-18 inches ish left in between the gearpods for cargo? truck looks great
I can take one and post it for you. Can also put a tape measure between the pods for you.

You are right though; space between the pods is limited. However, keep in mind that the pods all sit ABOVE the bed rail. So, the ENTIRE bed from rails down is empty. So, you could absolutely fill the entire bed with boxes, crates, luggage, coolers, etc. and still have lots more stuff in the pods above.

Also, the pods are SUPER EASY to add and remove. Four screws, just loosen and the pods pop right off the rack. So, you can certainly take them off when not needed, or just remove them if/when you need to haul a bulky item. Not a big deal at all.

mjmav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23MavXLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That'd be great - thanks for the insight. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like in real time
Sponsored