First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are the going to offer product(s) for the Maverick.?
They will custom make whatever you want. They even have racks that have a flat that sits between camper shell and extends out far enough to support the rack outside and over the top of camper as well as over the cab of truck. I do not know if they have actually made on for maverick but the design is in their cad software and all they would have to do is enter the trucks measurements and the pieces could then be cut automatically. These would work even with tonneau covers.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They will custom make whatever you want. They even have racks that have a flat that sits between camper shell and extends out far enough to support the rack outside and over the top of camper as well as over the cab of truck. I do not know if they have actually made on for maverick but the design is in their cad software and all they would have to do is enter the trucks measurements and the pieces could then be cut automatically. These would work even with tonneau covers.
Ford Maverick Lumber rack for Maverick 1649132091066

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Lumber rack for Maverick 1649186965358

So I bought this steel rack for $100 off ebay. It can be modified so the cross bars are the same height as cross bars on the roof. All you have to do is cut the vertical posts by a few inches. The base of the rack needs to be fastened to the bed rail. I'll write it up when I get a chance. The cab gets a pair of Yakima 60" core bars fastened to landing pads.

Sponsored

maverickeric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 + Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
1649186965358.png

So I bought this steel rack for $100 off ebay. It can be modified so the cross bars are the same height as cross bars on the roof. All you have to do is cut the vertical posts by a few inches. The base of the rack needs to be fastened to the bed rail. I'll write it up when I get a chance. The cab gets a pair of Yakima 60" core bars fastened to landing pads.
Wanted to follow up. Now that my maverick has a build date I'm trying to have everything lined up to put it to work. Can you send me which rack you bought and any pictures? I need the utility of the rack but also don't want the vehicle to look too commercial as it's also the family car. Planning to do over the cab bars as well to support the ladders/lumber.

Delbert

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Forester, honda Accord Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I posted it somewhere here. I doubt the ebay seller is still around but there are hundreds of slightly different ones still there. The crossbar is a tee that slips onto the upright and a matching tee crossbar which slips on to the upright on the other side. I cut down the uprights and the crossbar so it fits the Maverick's small bed. All it takes is a hack saw.
If you want it to match the roof rails exactly it may be be more than the adjustment than the rack allows for. I ended up having a coupling welded to shorten the front crossbars a couple of inches. The crossbars are 2" steel tubes which are not compatible with yakima accessories without modification.

I sanded and repainted the whole thing flat black. The paint on it was really bad gloss. My experience is that if you use a steel rack, it needs to be repainted occasionally. The insides of the tubes also benefit with some protection.

Sam yee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any local aluminum fabricator would probably do u a custom one for about the price of one from a factory and get faster turn around then waiting for the market to open up.
amazon under $150, Vevor adjustable lumber rack. fits my Mav and my Ram. Adjusts for l & w, holds 800 lbs and no drilling, held in place by strong j bolts that have a square tube as the foot of the j bolt under the rail, trim the foot so it does not crush your plastic tabs for the bed trim

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Harbor Freight also has this over-cab model: https://www.harborfreight.com/800-lb-capacity-full-size-truck-rack-98511.html

I would want to look at it in store and take some measurements to make sure it will fit on the Maverick's short bed, but assuming it fits, this could be a good option.
Someone did this one over a year ago. He cut supports shorter and welded it together with a few mods. I'll see if I can find it. I put one on a Nissan frontier and secured it to the factory adjustable bed rails. It had a five foot bed and I had to leave out the joiner bracket, placing the joint between the two rings of the front support. I used self tapping fine thread high grade steel screws to secure the joint. My son has been using it for 4+ years.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How are you going to mount a lumber rack?

There's no post/pole slots on the top of the bed sidewalls.

Drill??
Someone here got a bid from Rack it. They had just finished design and it was quite expensive at time. They have a bolt on bracket that clamps the bed rail so no drilling is required. They will also make a flat piece of steel that extends over the bed rail far enough to support the uprights so most bed covers will work. Uprights look a little goofy not sitting on bed. It is made to mount on bed for support and be user over a raised bed cover even a tent,!
This is clamp available at Rack-It:
Ford Maverick Lumber rack for Maverick 1696616168504

Last edited:
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sam yee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Amazon has many for under $140, Vevor adjustable lumber rack. fits my Mav and my Ram. Adjusts for l & w, holds 800 lbs and no drilling, held in place by strong j bolts that have a square tube as the foot of the j bolt under the rail, trim the foot so it does not crush your plastic tabs for the bed trim if you take it off. Also the height fits in my garage and the height is above the antenna so whatever you load will be above it. looks strong and feels secure holding long stuff like lumber, ladders and kayaks. About the only bad thing is the top width is less than 48 inches, about 45 so a 4x8 sheet will not fit flat unless you use spacers to raise the load. It would be over 48 inches on my Ram which I could also use the rack on. for under $140 I think is makes the maverick more usable for many chores, even hauling for work

Sam yee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I just used a 2x8x12 to be the base support for carrying long floppy base boards and door trim for a small job. centered it on the rack and it was easy to secure to the rack too
How are you going to mount a lumber rack?

There's no post/pole slots on the top of the bed sidewalls.

Drill??

Sam yee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
j bolts come with the vevor adjustable lumber rack on amazon, no drilling and secure to the bed lip I used it to haul some long stuff one

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid