RG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape Terrain Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My projections are conservative. Ford has consistently exceeded them. Mathematically, Ford can get the XLs complete before the end of the model year, but they will have to keep up the current scheduling rate.

And maybe their "exhausted" availability is simply their way of saying they have enough orders to meet demand without actually locking down the order banks.
"Exhausted" could also mean they scheduled as much as possible given the tires they have on hand. This definition would be supported by the lower than typical number of orders scheduled for build in March.
Sponsored

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Remember that the USOB (United States Order Bank) percentages are based on Unscheduled Retail Orders not their capacity. The left column is based on March production number. So its not always a constraint if they are within their capacity for the given option.

Please watch my livestream tonight and I will explain further. www.youtube.com/longmcarthur/live

Ford Maverick Latest 2024 Maverick Production Key Commodity Constraints + Total Retail Unscheduled Orders (1/22/24) page 11

Mox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"Exhausted" could also mean they scheduled as much as possible given the tires they have on hand. This definition would be supported by the lower than typical number of orders scheduled for build in March.
This was my interpretation of “exhausted availability”. However, the XL tires were listed as ‘exhausted availability’ last week before the March early commit scheduling. Yet, over 1000 XLs were still scheduled last week.

So how can the XL tires be ‘exhausted’ (I.e. unavailable) yet XLs still got scheduled?

Mox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Remember that the USOB (United States Order Bank) percentages are based on Unscheduled Retail Orders not their capacity. The left column is based on March production number. So its not always a constraint if they are within their capacity for the given option.

Please watch my livestream tonight and I will explain further. www.youtube.com/longmcarthur/live

page 11.jpg
The constraint we’re speaking of (XL tires) doesn’t come from this sheet, rather the build scheduling info sheet from this week and last week.

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...-1-25-24-for-production-weeks-3-4-3-25.42226/

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This was my interpretation of “exhausted availability”. However, the XL tires were listed as ‘exhausted availability’ last week before the March early commit scheduling. Yet, over 1000 XLs were still scheduled last week.

So how can the XL tires be ‘exhausted’ (I.e. unavailable) yet XLs still got scheduled?
This is the part that confuses me. Almost as if the two documents are made by two different departments looking at two different datasets.

Sponsored

Jackovalltrades

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Atlas
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Light scheduling last week. Seems like Ford still has some room.

EBs are almost to the point of no delay. Allocations would be the only thing holding them up.

Ford can still get all the XLs built before the end of the model year. Last week, 43% scheduled were XL. So, take that "exhausted" availability list with a grain of salt.

1706031835338.png
@fordvideoguy mentioned last week that Ford's planning on producing only 8,300 units for the month of March

jbrown9889

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 toyota prius
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I still don’t got scheduled yet. I order back in July 17 2023 on xl eb, ford 360 and trailer

Mox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is the part that confuses me. Almost as if the two documents are made by two different departments looking at two different datasets.
Yup. They don't paint a very clear picture do they?

I assumed that the first column of the 'Restrictions Summary' was the expected availability/capacity on a monthly basis averaged over the year. So we can roughly expect 55% of builds each month to be hybrids and 45% to be EBs. These numbers haven't changed much month-to-month (I think?). Although, these are estimates and are subject to supply chain constraints.

The 'Scheduling Information' sheet I interpreted as the current situation at the factory this specific month. So for this month (March), the suppliers for 17" tires are behind for some reason. Consequently, those builds will be 'Limited' or, in the case of 'Exhausted', no more will be scheduled for that month. This is where the supply chain constraints are shown and where deviations from the expected numbers in the 'Restrictions Summary' arise.

I also have no experience with this, no insider knowledge, and frankly, no idea what I'm doing besides waiting for a truck. I'm just some guy on the internet reading into the numbers way too much with wishful thinking.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

How did they end up scheduling so many XL's with the tires on 'Exhausted Availability'? Aren't all XL's using the unavailable tires?
XL & XLT's both use the tires that are not available.

Mox

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
XL & XLT's both use the tires that are not available.
Right, but at least with the XLT the BAP or F4X packages will use a different (and available) tire. So it makes sense that some XLTs were scheduled. But all XLs use the supposedly unavailable tire. So how did 1000 of them get scheduled anyway?

Sponsored

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Right, but at least with the XLT the BAP or F4X packages will use a different (and available) tire. So it makes sense that some XLTs were scheduled. But all XLs use the supposedly unavailable tire. So how did 1000 of them get scheduled anyway?
Maybe they will be available before the schedule dates, as in back in inventory.

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
4K Tow XLT's can get the Machine faced wheels and 235X65X17 AT tires as a $795 option!
I assume 4K Tow XL's can also, but I didn't check that out.
Sponsored