First Name
MDR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford honda
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I constantly read on here that most think the maverick isnā€™t worth over $35k and itā€™s best suited as a lower level trim. I ordered a lariat as I listen to satellite radio 95% of the time and didnā€™t want to constantly have to use the SiriusXM app. I know the Lariat has the same materials for the most part as the XL, with basically just more tech added. Which Iā€™ll agree the interior is cheap, itā€™s not fancy but itā€™s fine.

Anyway, I wanted to hear from those with Lariats. Are you happy with it? Looking back, would you have went with a cheaper trim level?
Love our lariat with the lux package have had 0 issues with it hybrid 49 mpg driven it about 650 miles lol took 1 year to get it

triangulumhalohydra

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a '22 Lariat Lux Hybrid and it is worth every penny. I got it slightly below MSRP (X-Plan).

During my year-plus wait, I looked at lots of other options: a ranger (MPG much worse, cabin no larger), accord hybrid (nice but much less cargo capacity, more expensive for all the tech I wanted), the Santa Cruz (ugly, bad mpg, more expensive). There was just nothing that came close to the value proposition of the Lariat Lux hybrid.

What I love:
  • Cargo: has plenty of room and it is covered with a tonneau. I also have a hitch cargo carrier and roof rack with box - it can hold SO MUCH STUFF with those add-ons. Hitch carrier doesn't impact mpg, roof rack loaded reduces a few mpg, but it's still awesome.
  • "Luxury features" - the fake leather, leather steering wheel, heated seats and wheel, B&O audio, etc. None of those are amazing, but they are all plenty good and every person I've had in it compliments it all.
  • MPG - awesome. I get between 38 - 45/tank so far. 500+mpg per tank.
  • Driving assistants - part of what I really wanted was adaptive cruise, lane hold, and brake hold. They are all fantastic and I use all the dang time. Bumper to bumper traffic? No problem, engage adaptive cruise and it literally does it all for me. Long boring highway drive? It does 80% of the work, I just keep an eye on it (and the road!). I also added traffic sign recognition via Forscan and it is super-convenient. I have been surprised how much I appreciate that feature.
I'm sure there's more, but I'll stop there. Very, very happy.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Side note, why does everyone bash on the B&O sound system? Everyone calls it mediocre or just plain crap but I think it's phenomenal. It has crisp sound quality with excellent bass and no speaker rattle. Maybe I don't listen to enough sound systems but I have no complaints on it like many others.
What are your comparison vehicles?

The truly standout systems my husband and I have owned over the years have been, in no particular order - the (really stunning for the price) ELS 3D system in our Integra, a Mark Levinson system in a Lexus ES, a Lexicon system in a Genesis, and a harman/kardon system in a Volvo and in a Mercedes. Then we have had what we considered "fun" systems, such as the Bose system in our G37 and again in a Q50 years ago and harman/kardon in a Soul Turbo.

I often told my husband while waiting on the Maverick that I knew the B&O wasn't going to come anywhere close to the best systems we'd had in cars and all I wanted from it was for it to sound as good as the similarly spec'd 8-speaker 320W harman/kardon in my 2017 Soul. That was a $27k vehicle new. I felt this was a reasonable expectation.

Instead, the B&O is in a tie for last place among all our "premium" audio equipped cars right along side the Bose system in our 2018 Miata. But we overlooked the relatively poor performance of the Bose in the Miata because that car was so loud inside it was a miracle it sounded as well as it did (which was not great).

(yes, we have owned an absolute shit ton of cars in the past 20 years)

Mach E CP

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Conrad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav Hybrid Lariat, 2021 Mach E Prem ExtAWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
23,500 miles into my Hybrid Lariat Lux experience, I would not change it. My top must-haves / appreciate-having:
  1. Lane Centering (with ACC is like mild self-driving)
  2. ACC
  3. Heated wheel and seats
  4. Proximity entry w/Push button start
  5. B & O upgraded audio (I agree about the bass though, and I turn the bass down so any rattle disappears)
  6. Sirius XM
  7. Acoustic windshield
Wouldā€™ve chosen Anti-Matter Blue over Alto Blue if it were offered.

XL EB FWD is on order for my sister-in-law, so I will have a more accurate comparison when I drive the XL.

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bumper to bumper traffic? No problem, engage adaptive cruise and it literally does it all for me. Long boring highway drive? It does 80% of the work, I just keep an eye on it (and the road!). I also added traffic sign recognition via Forscan and it is super-convenient. I have been surprised how much I appreciate that feature.
I know the Maverick can do stop-and-go with ACC, but yours does this smoothly? Mine is basically unusable for this purpose. Way, way too jerky with braking.

Walter56

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think it's it's a daily driver then yes. Second car maybe not. If I thought they would have i reliability and longevity then also yes. But my impression when on test drive cheap build with economy in mind. It's like they say, silk purse from a sows ear. Time will tell.

triangulumhalohydra

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know the Maverick can do stop-and-go with ACC, but yours does this smoothly? Mine is basically unusable for this purpose. Way, way too jerky with braking.
*shrug*

Definitely not as smooth as if I did it myself, but certainly not unusable. I set the distance to the furthest distance setting so that the braking isn't as dramatic. Sometimes if the start is to slow I'll add some gas to speed it up. For the most part, it does it all and works great. I seriously use it every day in my commute and it makes it so much less stressful.

Last edited:

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
*shrug*

Definitely not as smooth as if I did it myself, but certainly not unusable. I set the distance to the furthest distance setting so that the braking isn't as dramatic. Sometimes if the start is to slow I'll add some gas to speed it up. For the most part, it does it all and works great. I seriously use it every day in my commute and it makes it so much less stressful.
I'll have to try increasing the distance. I've had many ACC cars, and none of them truly operate like a human but this one is the worst in stop-and-go.

Sponsored

MaverRick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MachE 4EX 2022 Maverick Lariat FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No regrets for me either! Itā€™s finally cooled off enough down here so that me and my Wife can enjoy cruising around with the Sunroof open! It still feels like a Toy Truck compared to my Dodge Ram but so far we are loving it!!

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Happy? VERY!! I would order it again for the price difference although I did not get the Lux package. (y) Dual-temp control, seats, and exterior color matching, headlights, and wheels with Michelin vs. Continental and driver seat adjustment and ambient lighting were some of the reasons.

Edit: Forgot the push button start and acoustic windshield
spot on!

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
*shrug*
I set the distance to the furthest distance setting so that the braking isn't as dramatic. Sometimes if the start is to slow I'll add some gas to speed it up. For the most part, it does it all and works great. I seriously use it every day in my commute and it makes it so much less stressful.
:D 2020 Escape the same, I hated how close the minimum setting got to the stopped car in front. It seems the opposite would be true but you're exactly right. It also resumes better with that setting when traffic clears. On the highway one or two bars, in town four bars.

MvrkECWI

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Push button start alone is worth the upgrade, especially in WI winters. Dealing with keys with your winter gear on is a hassle. Keyed ignition is for cavemen. Should go the way of the dodo.