First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was somewhat surprised to get my new Maverick Lariat to find that the Lariat badging was somewhat lacking. I am pretty sure that I have seen the newer Rangers with a black gill with "Lariat" on it in, aggressive, large lettering and no Ford Oval. Ford doesn't seem to sell such a grill (or any other stand alone Lariat badges). So, was I seeing an aftermarket grill? I can't find anything online other than companies that custom make grills. Does anyone know of a company that is making Lariat grills for the Maverick, or Ranger for that matter?
Sponsored

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Lariat already has its own unique grill. All trims are only identified by the side marker badging. Hit up Etsy if you need badging to shout out Lariat.

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was somewhat surprised to get my new Maverick Lariat to find that the Lariat badging was somewhat lacking. I am pretty sure that I have seen the newer Rangers with a black gill with "Lariat" on it in, aggressive, large lettering and no Ford Oval. Ford doesn't seem to sell such a grill (or any other stand alone Lariat badges). So, was I seeing an aftermarket grill? I can't find anything online other than companies that custom make grills. Does anyone know of a company that is making Lariat grills for the Maverick, or Ranger for that matter?
I would love to see a photo or link to a picture of this supposed Ranger grill.

The only current truck grill Ford has without the oval that I know of is the Raptor grill. Ford's Lariat badging is the side badges, and it's own grill. And the Lariat-only daytime running lights.

Sponsored

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The only trims, and it's for the F-150, that I've seen with factory hood letter are Platinum and up.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only trims, and it's for the F-150, that I've seen with factory hood letter are Platinum and up.
I think the F150 Platinum tailgate trim is kinda cringey and I don’t know if that’s a popular or unpopular opinion. I kinda hate all the over-the-top self branding/badging in general. I would hope that vehicle design differences make a vehicle stand out rather than slapping text on it. Like a raptor F150 looks fuggin badass (clearly different) and you can tell what it is without seeing the logo.

Sponsored

Sounder206

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

“I have the Lariat and he’s got the XLT, that plebeian.”

Last edited:

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think the F150 Platinum tailgate trim is kinda cringey and I don’t know if that’s a popular or unpopular opinion. I kinda hate all the over-the-top self branding/badging in general. I would hope that vehicle design differences make a vehicle stand out rather than slapping text on it. Like a raptor F150 looks fuggin badass (clearly different) and you can tell what it is without seeing the logo.
Agreed, badging has never been my thing either. I saw a F-150 Tremor, I liked the look other than the cheesy Tremor badges. All it needed was the colour difference to make that known, but hey that's what brands do, cause some people do like it. So be it. 🤷‍♂️

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is like wanting to advertise that you got the highest Civic trim.

It literally doesn't matter and no one will think it's impressive. 😉
Point taken, but the Type R is a pretty cool toy. ;)

Sleeper 7

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Fusion 14 Ram Dump 23 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You got bright silver grill , special wheels and fake leather seats

Bj517

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's pretty tacky
Sponsored