First Name
Amiel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just finished installing the Keko Sport Bar and wanted to confirm that the BAKFlip MX4 Tonneau cover fits ...mostly. Got it torqued to spec and feels just as secure as it was before.

I installed the MX4 bed rail over the Keko brackets and seems to be alright. The MX4 lines up and clicks secure into place when folding it down. It lifts the MX4 about 1/4 inch all around, but overall seems very secure. I've got a weather strip on order to fill the gap. Also, the sports bar does not allow the MX4 to fold all the way to the glass, but I am ok with this as I rarely ever fold it like that.

1667797672158.png
Those look awesome on the Mav’
Sponsored

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Supposedly to help tie things down on top of the tonneau, but in real world usage it's 95% there for the cartel gunmen to hang onto while chasing down someone.
Ford Maverick Keko Sport Rack / BAKFlip MX4 Combo installed 9AAA658F-CDB0-40C3-877E-B6455228F2B5

OP
OP
WhteRbtObj

WhteRbtObj

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had the MX4 before the rack. I installed the rack to the truck then installed the MX4 over the rack mounting brackets. Everything is solid and I have been checking to make sure nothing is coming loose. The only problem is the gap, which I have ordered a weather strip to fill.

Is there a purpose for it? Not really. It does help to protect the bed rails which is a plus, and also offers mount points for lighting, which I plan to do at some point in the future. It can also be used to protect the cab/roof if you are transporting longer items that would need to be strapped down at an angle over the roof. In my opinion, it completes the side profile look of the Mav which I really like.

I would not rely on this for any type of rollover protection. If anything, this just adds more twisted metal to a rollover crash.

One thing to note is that if you have the sliding bed rail option, it will need to be removed. The mounting points for the bed rack use those threaded holes for installation.

I can post more pics if requested.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
One thing to note is that if you have the sliding bed rail option, it will need to be removed. The mounting points for the bed rack use those threaded holes for installation.
Or don't use the brackets, let the tonneau rail clamps hold it all down. If it's good enough for Elevate TS rails...

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had the MX4 before the rack. I installed the rack to the truck then installed the MX4 over the rack mounting brackets. Everything is solid and I have been checking to make sure nothing is coming loose. The only problem is the gap, which I have ordered a weather strip to fill.

Is there a purpose for it? Not really. It does help to protect the bed rails which is a plus, and also offers mount points for lighting, which I plan to do at some point in the future. It can also be used to protect the cab/roof if you are transporting longer items that would need to be strapped down at an angle over the roof. In my opinion, it completes the side profile look of the Mav which I really like.

I would not rely on this for any type of rollover protection. If anything, this just adds more twisted metal to a rollover crash.

I can post more pics if requested.
I was noticing that it could be somewhat of a roof rack. I was wondering if I could put a kayak in the bed leaning against it and tie it down to that roof rail sticking up in the air. It would go pretty far up in the air, but no more so than a bike rack around mounted on the roof.

OP
OP
WhteRbtObj

WhteRbtObj

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Or don't use the brackets, let the tonneau rail clamps hold it all down. If it's good enough for Elevate TS rails...
I suppose you could try that but seems like a lot of weight for the tonneau clamps to hold. Ill wait for someone else to experiment to see if it all flys off at highway speeds lol. But it could be possible with some custom bracketing and ingenuity.

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Their website says they have a retractable cover that works in conjunction. Curious what that install detail looks like. Assume you could do a similar install detail.

Actually I was looking for their retractable cover. Wouldn't mind seeing what it runs it could be a nice combo. Anyone see a link for it? A quick Google didn't turn up much but I didn't dig either.

OP
OP
WhteRbtObj

WhteRbtObj

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Their website says they have a retractable cover that works in conjunction. Curious what that install detail looks like. Assume you could do a similar install detail.

Actually I was looking for their retractable cover. Wouldn't mind seeing what it runs it could be a nice combo. Anyone see a link for it? A quick Google didn't turn up much but I didn't dig either.
I believe this is what Gvmumbral ordered. Looks like his has an additional bracket in the middle, which is different from what I have. He may be able to elaborate on the install.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Manual
Electric

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

The bar and retractable cover are featured in this....

Dbarr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500c, Dodge Grandkidsvan, Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid