Sponsored

BAKFlip MX4 Hard Folding Tonneau Cover INSTALLED

• Thread starter Deleted member 9167
  • Start date
  • Watchers 5

Deleted member 9167

Recently swapped my Truxedo Pro X15 soft roll up cover for a hard folding cover (which BTW you can buy HERE).

My only complaint with the X15 was that I had to open the cover every time I wanted to close the tailgate. Enough of an annoyance to spend $1000 on the BAKFlip... But I really did like the X15 for what it was... low cost, low profile, and easy to use.

The BAKFlip goes on easy and folds "out of the way" against the rear window, which blocks the view completely. This cover doesn't come off as easy as the X15, but two thumbscrews on either side and it's off in a minute or two. Weighs about ~50lbs and came preassembled. I don't have any pics during the install, but its the same L rails and clamps as any other cover. Very happy with this cover and it will support ~400lbs of weight on the top according to BAK. And I won't see any flutter in the rear view window like I did with the X15.

Ford Maverick BAKFlip MX4 Hard Folding Tonneau Cover INSTALLED PXL_20220813_190324670

Ford Maverick BAKFlip MX4 Hard Folding Tonneau Cover INSTALLED PXL_20220813_190314822

Cover shown in the most "open" position with small child lounging at baseball practice. There are three foam blocks that rest against the back window that are stuck on the underside of the cover.

Ford Maverick BAKFlip MX4 Hard Folding Tonneau Cover INSTALLED PXL_20220813_193423295.MP
Sponsored

DJLG210

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
LG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
BakFlip aka Rev supplies the official Ford branded hard tri-fold which is the MX4 with Ford logos.

OP
OP

Deleted member 9167

BakFlip aka Rev supplies the official Ford branded hard tri-fold which is the MX4 with Ford logos.
Honestly didn't know that! I feel like there are only 1 or 2 actual manufacturers for all of the covers. Most seem to be rebranded.

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had BakFlips on 2 different company pickups, which were always parked outside, and both of them became water-logged after a couple of years. They functioned OK, but became pretty heavy to flip over.

HRG

OP
OP

Deleted member 9167

I had BakFlips on 2 different company pickups, which were always parked outside, and both of them became water-logged after a couple of years. They functioned OK, but became pretty heavy to flip over.

HRG
Good to know, thanks. Hopefully the BAK warranty is pretty robust, but mine is parked in a garage overnight.

Sponsored

Firsttruck

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw tiguaun
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FYI, decided to make the leap and purchased a MX4 from Bakflip a few minutes ago, for a build that is supposed to happen 10/10. The have a 10% off Labor day sale and if you chat, the representative offered me another 5% off - so 15% off which is I think a great deal $917.90 before tax, free shipping

581u812

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello,
I’m trying to figure out how much at the furthest it protrudes into the bed when flipped up against the window? I am fitting mountain bikes with a tailgate pad.
While the front wheel hangs over the tailgate, the rear at top bed under the window is about 5” to the tire
any help is appreciated

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I measured it last year, but do not recall the exact number and cannot check now beause it won't go all the way against the cab with the bed rack. It's right around that distance though. If you have somewhere to keep it, just take it off when transporting the bikes. Driving with the cover up isn't very nice due to the huge blind spot. I just unscrew the two bolts on the bottom of the MX4 and take the cover off, takes a couple of minutes. Then you don't need to worry about it.

Should have got a hard roll up. :cautious:

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello,
I’m trying to figure out how much at the furthest it protrudes into the bed when flipped up against the window? I am fitting mountain bikes with a tailgate pad.
While the front wheel hangs over the tailgate, the rear at top bed under the window is about 5” to the tire
any help is appreciated
8-1/4"

HRG

Ford Maverick BAKFlip MX4 Hard Folding Tonneau Cover INSTALLED IMG_0599

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So where is the cheapest place to buy a bakflip mx4? just wondering so I can compare to buying the Ford branded version.

Sponsored

Samus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So where is the cheapest place to buy a bakflip mx4? just wondering so I can compare to buying the Ford branded version.
If you contact Realtruck.com on here, they will hook you up with a 15% discount. I purchased the
BAK Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover which also costs $1199 just like the MX4. They sold it to me for $1020. Of course tax was a little over $60 for me, but they ship for free.

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you contact Realtruck.com on here, they will hook you up with a 15% discount. I purchased the
BAK Revolver X4s Tonneau Cover which also costs $1199 just like the MX4. They sold it to me for $1020. Of course tax was a little over $60 for me, but they ship for free.
thanks! the Ford is still cheaper (for me) because I have 20% + Ford points. I'm going to see if Black Friday brings any big sales on the BAK though but if it doesn't I'll probably just use my points on the Ford branded one. I assume they are functionally the same. Is that right?

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
thanks! the Ford is still cheaper (for me) because I have 20% + Ford points. I'm going to see if Black Friday brings any big sales on the BAK though but if it doesn't I'll probably just use my points on the Ford branded one. I assume they are functionally the same. Is that right?
They function the same way. Definitely wait for BF. I picked up an MX4 last year for $810 delivered to my door with the sale price stacked with the forum discount.

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I've read some things regarding the weather seal not sticking to spray in bed liner. Have folks just been sticking to the cover instead and has that held up? that's the only thing that has me hesitating on buying this thing.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Recently swapped my Truxedo Pro X15 soft roll up cover for a hard folding cover (which BTW you can buy HERE).

My only complaint with the X15 was that I had to open the cover every time I wanted to close the tailgate. Enough of an annoyance to spend $1000 on the BAKFlip... But I really did like the X15 for what it was... low cost, low profile, and easy to use.

The BAKFlip goes on easy and folds "out of the way" against the rear window, which blocks the view completely. This cover doesn't come off as easy as the X15, but two thumbscrews on either side and it's off in a minute or two. Weighs about ~50lbs and came preassembled. I don't have any pics during the install, but its the same L rails and clamps as any other cover. Very happy with this cover and it will support ~400lbs of weight on the top according to BAK. And I won't see any flutter in the rear view window like I did with the X15.

PXL_20220813_190324670.jpg

PXL_20220813_190314822.jpg

Cover shown in the most "open" position with small child lounging at baseball practice. There are three foam blocks that rest against the back window that are stuck on the underside of the cover.

PXL_20220813_193423295.MP.jpg
The FIRST modification I made on my Maverick. Seeing as how you some precious cargo there, you might think about a bed rug next
Sponsored