Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all,
New Maverick owner and thought I would share pics of kayak rack that works with tonneau cover.

Elevate TS Rails TRX-1118414
Elevate CS Rack TRX-1118513
BAKFlip MX4 Tonneau Cover (trifold)

I do a lot of invasive plant removal on the water, and needed a rack that would allow for a tonneau cover. A nice solution so far.

Jeff

Ford Maverick Elevate Kayak Rack and BAKFlip MX4 Tonneau cover installed rack cro
Sponsored

ottgoose1867

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2024 EB HPR 4K Copilot 360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for sharing. I have the Ford Trifold tonneau cover and I am looking for racks. I am assuming I could use the same setup as the Ford Trifold is just a Bakflip with a different badge. My use case for it is for a Sun Dolphin American 12 Jon Boat .

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks for sharing. I have the Ford Trifold tonneau cover and I am looking for racks. I am assuming I could use the same setup as the Ford Trifold is just a Bakflip with a different badge. My use case for it is for a Sun Dolphin American 12 Jon Boat .
Yes, Elevate Racks work well with Ford Trifold cover ( which is a rebadged Bakflip G2 ). I’ve had this setup for 2 1/2 years and it works very well.

Ford Maverick Elevate Kayak Rack and BAKFlip MX4 Tonneau cover installed IMG_3640

Tmh573

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 HHR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I use this rail and rack combo with the factory trifold no problem. Should be good for a john boat, but I warn folks about how stupidly wide the crossbars are on this. My very standard j hooks for kayaks have worked on many set ups but do not work with this.

OP
OP

JBMAV24

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do post pics when you get it set up. Would like to see it with a Jon Boat.

Sponsored

mymiela0419

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT 2024
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi JBMAV24. If is possible for you to share the link on where to find this rack. Thank you

I have mav XLT 2024. Im looking for this kinda rack too. I have rough country trifold low profile version, my dad has trifold ford version I noticed that rough country is heavier and little thicker than ford brand. I hope this rack will work for my rough country brand trifold. Any one has this rack with rough country trifold low profile?

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Always enjoyable to have a new owner join us and share their modifications. Happy and safe travels.

JohnnyH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. XLT Hybrids on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all,
New Maverick owner and thought I would share pics of kayak rack that works with tonneau cover.

Elevate TS Rails TRX-1118414
Elevate CS Rack TRX-1118513
BAKFlip MX4 Tonneau Cover (trifold)

I do a lot of invasive plant removal on the water, and needed a rack that would allow for a tonneau cover. A nice solution so far.

Jeff

rack crop.jpg
i have been looking for a compatible tri-fold tonneau for my Elevate rack system. Every aftermarket truck parts sales outlet is telling me a tri-fold is incompatible with the Elevate racks. Do you have a pics of the width/clearance of the tonneau at the rack base/mount surface on the bed side rail? I would much prefer a tri-fold rather than a soft top or retractable.

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i have been looking for a compatible tri-fold tonneau for my Elevate rack system. Every aftermarket truck parts sales outlet is telling me a tri-fold is incompatible with the Elevate racks. Do you have a pics of the width/clearance of the tonneau at the rack base/mount surface on the bed side rail? I would much prefer a tri-fold rather than a soft top or retractable.
There is a published list of compatible covers that work with the elevate racks. Check the links on Real Truck website. Here is list as of 2 years ago, I would expect it’s been updated since then.

Ford Maverick Elevate Kayak Rack and BAKFlip MX4 Tonneau cover installed IMG_0850

IHateSpeedbumps

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes, Elevate Racks work well with Ford Trifold cover ( which is a rebadged Bakflip G2 ). I’ve had this setup for 2 1/2 years and it works very well.

Are you sure it is the G2? The G2 requires the tailgate to be closed before you close the cover from what I have read. My Ford trifold doesn't require the tailgate to be closed. It can also support a good bit of weight and seems to have matte black components rather than glossy.

I also am running the Elevate TS rails but haven't decided on a rack yet.
Ford Maverick Elevate Kayak Rack and BAKFlip MX4 Tonneau cover installed 20240330_162423

Ford Maverick Elevate Kayak Rack and BAKFlip MX4 Tonneau cover installed 20240330_162447

Sponsored

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are you sure it is the G2? The G2 requires the tailgate to be closed before you close the cover from what I have read. My Ford trifold doesn't require the tailgate to be closed. It can also support a good bit of weight and seems to have matte black components rather than glossy.

I also am running the Elevate TS rails but haven't decided on a rack yet.
20240330_162423.jpg

20240330_162447.jpg
yes it’s the G2. Even though they list the G2 as gloss black, it’s really more flat black in my opinion. It’s not matte black like the MX4, but also not glossy black. I have never heard that the G2 required tailgate down to close the tonneau, but it definitely needs to be down to open it. Maybe that was confused and misreported somewhere ?

Truckless

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 2023 XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Elevate Kayak Rack and BAKFlip MX4 Tonneau cover installed IMG_8692

Me too! The tonneau cover can only flip back 2/3rds unfortunately on the lowest telescoping setting, but I intend on using the trunk for storage while camping so I don’t really need to open it all the way anyways. My use case is for a pop up camper ontop. Even installed a hoist in my garage to help make taking it on and off easier. Haven’t given it a spin yet but it sits purty.

(Mamba 3 clam shell roof top tent if anyone was wondering)

OP
OP

JBMAV24

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi JBMAV24. If is possible for you to share the link on where to find this rack. Thank you

I have mav XLT 2024. Im looking for this kinda rack too. I have rough country trifold low profile version, my dad has trifold ford version I noticed that rough country is heavier and little thicker than ford brand. I hope this rack will work for my rough country brand trifold. Any one has this rack with rough country trifold low profile?

OP
OP

JBMAV24

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I purchased through RealTruck. Both racks and cover. Was a fairly simple install after watching YouTube videos on how to do install. Really great customer service. Seems like a tight fit so far and quite strong. Loving it so far.

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My use case is for a pop up camper ontop. Even installed a hoist in my garage to help make taking it on and off easier. Haven’t given it a spin yet but it sits purty.

(Mamba 3 clam shell roof top tent if anyone was wondering)
Looks like it JUST clears the garage door!

HRG
Sponsored