snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Curious how you think 500 is a lot for a truck that is tens of thousands of dollars? 🤦‍♂️
Sponsored

OP
OP

ranger750

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have no car, mine blew up
Well, you asked for feedback and you got it! Here's my two bits: At the very least I'd opt for the Copilot 360. It's a safety thing. Should be standard on all trims and perhaps it will be for the 2023 run. If you just want a work truck, go with the XL. If you want some of the other niceties, go with the XLT. In any case, good luck!
Thanks!

Yeah, it is going to be a work truck on weekends for hauling small loads and going on moderately rough terrain (dirt roads and construction sites mostly). It's also going to be my only car for driving to and from town about 15 miles, which in almost any other truck would take a lot more gas, so the Maverick is kind of the best of both worlds there.

I think it's a little annoying that Ford doesn't give the extra off-road settings and cruise control as options without upgrading to the XLT, but after looking here it seems that it's relatively easy to get that stuff added to an XL after delivery.

If only they had an AWD hybrid option and a "long" bed option this thing would be absolutely perfect, but I guess the demand for those things just isn't there.

RatherBeDrivingaManual

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA Miata, Subaru Legacy, XLT Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

OP: You may find yourself in the predicament as many past 2022 buyers (perspective buyers) have been. They put deposits on trucks that the dealer hoped to get allocated. Nearly 100% sold have been on-line pre-orders.
When the order banks open up in August... What's a good method to know if the dealer I am ordering from will get allocations? Or will it not matter? Will a customer order = allocation?

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When the order banks open up in August... What's a good method to know if the dealer I am ordering from will get allocations? Or will it not matter? Will a customer order = allocation?
No way to know. THEY don't know. And it is a monthly process. Allocations are handed out monthly. So they will know their allocations once per month, rougly near the start of the month.

Sponsored

ITSATRUCK

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MAVERICK
Jeopardy music on stand by. . .Also get exactly what you want. I was going to buy an XL with spray in bed and hitch. Ended up ordering XLT Lux. When I sat in it and gripped that leather steering wheel. Heck ya. So glad I upgraded.

DJF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Ask them what their track record is/was with 22 model year Mavericks. If they didn't get many 22 allocations, they aren't getting many 23s.

OP
OP

ranger750

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ask them what their track record is/was with 22 model year Mavericks. If they didn't get many 22 allocations, they aren't getting many 23s.
That isn't necessarily true, at least not if this article I found is to be trusted:

Meanwhile, Ford recently changed its allocation formula for the Maverick, scheduling orders as they’re received rather than prioritizing larger-market dealers or those located in more populated areas, which has been the case with vehicles like the Ford Bronco and Ford Bronco Sport. Of course, this doesn’t apply to orders that are placed with supply-constrained features present./QUOTE]

MvrkECWI

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Crosstrek
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Within 60 miles of me one dealer does market adjustments adding 20k above MSRP, one requires $1000 nonrefundable deposit, one gets less than one allocation per month. A large straight dealing dealership like Long MacArthur is my choice for a 23 order despite me being in WI. Tim does a great PR job!

DJF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
That isn't necessarily true, at least not if this article I found is to be trusted:
If that were true, then why are there so many orders from last summer still unscheduled while some January orders are being built already. Constraints are a huge factor, but I see no evidence that they have changed their system.

Sponsored
OP
OP

ranger750

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If that were true, then why are there so many orders from last summer still unscheduled while some January orders are being built already. Constraints are a huge factor, but I see no evidence that they have changed their system.
The evidence is that Ford said they changed it, and I see no evidence that they haven't, so I would think it's entirely because of constraints then. The only way to know for sure that I'm wrong would be to find examples of people with the exact same order who did not get their Maverick built first despite submitting their order first.

Cward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
Why are the only two options either to serve every customer that walks in the store immediately or spit in his face? No, I don't think he's going to be refused, I think his order is simply going to be submitted in the order that it was received. So, if 10 people like me went to a particular dealer a month or two early and put down $500 to get on a waitlist, the guy who walks in at 8am on August 25th may be allowed to put in an order with the dealer right away so they still guarantee their sale, but the dealer will not actually send the order to Ford until the first 10 orders are already submitted, making the guy who just walked in number 11.

I'm not trying to be rude here, but I don't understand why this is such a difficult concept. Sure, they could just lie and not honor the agreement at all, but what do they stand to gain by doing that? If anything, they stand to lose me as a customer if I find out what they did and decide to take my business elsewhere.
So if 100 people came in and placed orders on day 1 and you show up on day 4. Would you expect that dealer to hold all of those orders and wait for you to arrive?
No dealer is going to do anything like that. While you have placed a $500 deposit early, you have not placed an order. Orders were closed in January and don’t open again until August. Dealers are not going to hold orders and wait on you to place an order.
Not trying to be rude. It’s just business.

DJF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The evidence is that Ford said they changed it, and I see no evidence that they haven't, so I would think it's entirely because of constraints then. The only way to know for sure that I'm wrong would be to find examples of people with the exact same order who did not get their Maverick built first despite submitting their order first.
Dig into these threads and you will find plenty of examples. But, if you believe what Ford says, good luck with your 23 order and maybe you will have your Maverick sooner than most.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks!

Yeah, it is going to be a work truck on weekends for hauling small loads and going on moderately rough terrain (dirt roads and construction sites mostly). It's also going to be my only car for driving to and from town about 15 miles, which in almost any other truck would take a lot more gas, so the Maverick is kind of the best of both worlds there.

I think it's a little annoying that Ford doesn't give the extra off-road settings and cruise control as options without upgrading to the XLT, but after looking here it seems that it's relatively easy to get that stuff added to an XL after delivery.

If only they had an AWD hybrid option and a "long" bed option this thing would be absolutely perfect, but I guess the demand for those things just isn't there.
All good points. I'd go with the XLT. Adding to the XL after market eats up time and effort. You might be without the truck for some time. A lot depends on your personal situations. (Family demands, work schedules, etc.) Even if these are non-issues, you're still dealing with the time & effort factor. It's worth it to me to have the factory add-ons, because my time is more valuable. (The older one gets, the more valuable it becomes as would any rarity.)

I believe Ford will seriously look at a hybrid AWD. Remember, they took a big gamble on the Maverick so they smartly decided to ease into what was offered and let the public have their say for the future. Since the Maverick is a unibody, Ford would need to completely redesign from the ground up to create a longer bed. At that point, they're just recreating the Ranger, so not a good strategy.

Whatever your decision, it's a great truck and I'm sure you'll be happy driving it.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
While not conclusive proof, there is some proof. Ford recently (within the last few weeks) changed all remaining unscheduled orders from the first few months to priority code 2. Meaning all those early orders are being looked at before any of the newer orders. Also meaning those orders can't be modified without some hassle....but still indicative of them trying to give priority to the older orders.
Sponsored