Sponsored

MavStangVa

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Apr 4, 2025
Threads
14
Messages
1,415
Reaction score
3,199
Location
Here, There, and Everywhere
Vehicle(s)
2024 LARIAT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just a few years ago, the Feds and WI DOT made I-94 four lanes wide... Still have backups.. And the "Slow Lane" Campers. Still hang out on the left side...

Jerry
We called them Left Lane Lurkers when I was still working. Every morning 1 of us out of 8 had a story about 1. 6 of us drove 50 miles or more each way to work .
Sponsored

 

MaverickDragon

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Gary
Joined
Nov 9, 2025
Threads
9
Messages
1,748
Reaction score
3,113
Location
Grand Canyon, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2025 Maverick XL Hybrid AWD 4K Tow Package
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
"To protect and serve" ... Well I'd actually be making up the rest of this one with some things people might not appreciate.
Actually, based on numerous court decisions, the police have no obligation to "protect" any individual; rather their obligation is to enforce the laws that are intended to protect society as a whole, which comes under the umbrella of their "serve" part of that slogan...
 

JazznSF

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Matthew
Joined
Jul 3, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
94
Reaction score
220
Location
California's Central Coast
Vehicle(s)
2026 Maverick Lariat, 1982 Volvo 245 DL, 1970 Buick Skylark 350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a Luxury level 26 Chrysler Pacifica on Progressive's dime, for a bit. I don't hate it.
FYI

Had a friend with a Pacifica that is a couple of years older. I think it spent more time at the dealer's shop than it did in her driveway or on the road. Lots and lots of software glitches and charging issues.

Maybe the new ones are better?
 

Glen Baker LLC

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
May 29, 2024
Threads
32
Messages
8,708
Reaction score
15,854
Location
Central Nevada & Utah
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Actually, based on numerous court decisions, the police have no obligation to "protect" any individual; rather their obligation is to enforce the laws that are intended to protect society as a whole, which comes under the umbrella of their "serve" part of that slogan...
So true.
Now, if cops only knew the laws and the Constitution. Which, they swore an OATH TO UPHOLD.
Don't forget, police are legally allowed to lie to you.
Sadly, There are videos in the public domain. Where cops admit they don't care about the Constitution and civil rights
 
Last edited:
OP
OP
PamelaHaley

PamelaHaley

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Pamela
Joined
May 24, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
82
Reaction score
160
Location
GA
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
Even the Atlanta Airport has subway train
It's marta. The thing is that the furthest north it goes is sandy springs, when it needs to extend to Alpharetta and the furthest northeast is doraville, when it needs to extend to Lawrenceville... Then there is nothing to the west. It needs more inner city lines and the busses need more hours in service. It's all there, just subpar. Like, I would have to catch a 6am bus to midtown, it doesn't run south after 9am. Then I can only go back north between 330pm and 530 pm, unless I want a 45 minute trip to take 3 hours and 4 busses.
 

Sponsored

OP
OP
PamelaHaley

PamelaHaley

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Pamela
Joined
May 24, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
82
Reaction score
160
Location
GA
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
FYI

Had a friend with a Pacifica that is a couple of years older. I think it spent more time at the dealer's shop than it did in her driveway or on the road. Lots and lots of software glitches and charging issues.

Maybe the new ones are better?
Negatory. I returned it early because it started having software issues. I was concerned about ending up with a luxury brick.
 
OP
OP
PamelaHaley

PamelaHaley

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Pamela
Joined
May 24, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
82
Reaction score
160
Location
GA
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
Just a few years ago, the Feds and WI DOT made I-94 four lanes wide... Still have backups.. And the "Slow Lane" Campers. Still hang out on the left side...

Jerry
Oooh. They should do what we did and put up an exclusive toll lane that only runs north or south, depending on the time of day. Got for if you get stuck behind someone who decided to pay to drive 50mph with no way to pass them.
 

huckabeec

2.5L Hybrid
Active member
First Name
Craig
Joined
Jun 12, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
27
Reaction score
41
Location
Charleston, SC
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150, 2026 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sapientoni

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
JOHN
Joined
Sep 11, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
45
Reaction score
70
Location
Georgia
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
Seriously... What crap streak is this. Rear ended my 2022 in July. This today. The other driver jumped the yellow line. I don't have all my injuries sorted by the ER yet but, the part that hurts most is the bruise and chemical burn from the side air bag.

I just repaired a 2023 powered seat to put in my 2024 XL that was manual. While changing the upholstery to keep it matching (and have my airbag {sewed into the seat cover}) I noticed the seat framework was bent about 19 mm away from the door by the seat airbag deployment. That's quite a bit of force but I guess a padded cushion impact is preferred over a hard plastic steel backed whack. I straightened it and am now learned FORscan usage to enable the power from the vehicle instead of a hacked in power source. (in progress)

255308-7e7a71eb6f05b4656ce93c3581ad2dbb (1).webp


3815.webp
 

Butterscotch

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Jul 13, 2025
Threads
1
Messages
285
Reaction score
421
Location
North Carolina
Vehicle(s)
2025 Eruption Green Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
Hopefully you do better than this guy. It seems color didn't matter.


Personally, I don't think color does a tinker's Dam when somebody's attention is focused on their phone.
What ? Oh, ya. Sorry, I was texting soneone. o_O
 
Sponsored
OP
OP
PamelaHaley

PamelaHaley

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Pamela
Joined
May 24, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
82
Reaction score
160
Location
GA
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
Sorry to be that guy but:

“Despite allegations that the phrase once ended with "in matters of taste," we found no evidence to support the claim”

https://www.snopes.com/articles/468815/customer-is-always-right-origin/
Unproven but, if you have ever worked in customer service, the ones who tap the phrase, "the customer is always right," tend to be the most deeply incorrect.

In "matters of taste," makes the point that you do not judge the customer, for what they want... assuming it's realistic.

They want ugly shoes, that's their MO. No problem. They want a full refund on worn shoes beyond the return window because someone eventually said the shoes are ugly, no.
 
OP
OP
PamelaHaley

PamelaHaley

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Pamela
Joined
May 24, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
82
Reaction score
160
Location
GA
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
Actually, based on numerous court decisions, the police have no obligation to "protect" any individual; rather their obligation is to enforce the laws that are intended to protect society as a whole, which comes under the umbrella of their "serve" part of that slogan...
Protect society as a whole... We barely live in one anymore. What they are good at, is their original task of maintaining a fearful and cheap labor force that would be free if it weren't for those pesky worker protections. May as well be free, considering how expensive it is to be poor.
 

huckabeec

2.5L Hybrid
Active member
First Name
Craig
Joined
Jun 12, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
27
Reaction score
41
Location
Charleston, SC
Vehicle(s)
2003 F-150, 2026 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Unproven but, if you have ever worked in customer service, the ones who tap the phrase, "the customer is always right," tend to be the most deeply incorrect.
I did a stretch in food and beverage so oh boy do I know about that!
Sponsored

 
 







Top