• Total voters

Rozay

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav EB FWD LUX Area 51
These crazy times we live in now with the automotive world you bonkers with used car prices sky high i went ahead and bought a Maverick off the lot at msrp. I also ordered a Hybrid and when it comes it comes. I believe (i hope) Ill be able to sell my EB for a profit and then have my Hybrid that i want. What you think?
EB XLT Lux FWD copilot 360
Sponsored

The64

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would keep the EB and sell the hybrid direct from the dealer without registering it so you aren't paying tax twice.

Snoopcat

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Honda Accord, 70 Mustang Convertible
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would keep the EB and sell the hybrid direct from the dealer without registering it so you aren't paying tax twice.
Did not realize that you can do that? Figured you have to pay sales tax when you purchase?

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Honestly kind of doubt you could sell at a profit on a 2WD EB. People are going to want the AWD on a EB order. Especially since there are dealers out there selling off the lot at MSRP (rare I know). Now you might manage to sell it close to MSRP... but you will lose money on the taxes and stuff.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Taxes in Washington state are 10-11%, so the chances of me flipping mine and coming out ahead are basically zero.

Sponsored

sickser66

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
This isn’t real estate, and these trucks aren’t collectible. You will lose money. You already have the moment you drove it off the lot.
These crazy times we live in now with the automotive world you bonkers with used car prices sky high i went ahead and bought a Maverick off the lot at msrp. I also ordered a Hybrid and when it comes it comes. I believe (i hope) Ill be able to sell my EB for a profit and then have my Hybrid that i want. What you think?
EB XLT Lux FWD copilot 360

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Taxes in Washington state are 10-11%, so the chances of me flipping mine and coming out ahead are basically zero.
Buy it out of Oregon!!!

OP
OP
Rozay

Rozay

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav EB FWD LUX Area 51
This isn’t real estate, and these trucks aren’t collectible. You will lose money. You already have the moment you drove it off the lot.
Made $8k on my 2020 rebel in the 10 months I owned it with $0 down.

Tyler

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Subaru Ascent, 2023 Mavrick (Hybrid)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Buy it out of Oregon!!!
A lot of Oregon dealerships register and collect WA sales tax. Pretty much any dealer up north or any multi state dealership family is almost guaranteed to do this as soon as they see your WA license.

It’s taxed at your registration address instead of the dealership address though so you can still save like 1-3% depending on where you live.

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
With the gas going up the hybrid will be an easy sale

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

A lot of Oregon dealerships register and collect WA sales tax. Pretty much any dealer up north or any multi state dealership family is almost guaranteed to do this as soon as they see your WA license.

It’s taxed at your registration address instead of the dealership address though so you can still save like 1-3% depending on where you live.
Yep. Tax man will get you no matter what.

hcforde

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hawley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Insight, E350, Toyota Sequoia
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

OK, My daughter lived in Portland until Sept 2020. She bought a car just before she came back to Texas.

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
In a similar situation besides I have AWD EB. I’m not looking to profit on the EB, but hoping I can break even even after sales tax. Basically thinking the EB can be a free rental for a few months.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have a hybrid order but I would take a Bronco Sport or Maverick EB to get me through the winter and decide next spring which to keep, if not both, depending on current conditions then.
Sponsored