Sponsored

Items left off the Maverick from the factory.

SBB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Shelby
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My White Lariat was delivered to the dealership Wednesday. Picked it up Thursday and many selected/ordered items were missing.
There are two categories of items missing.

Items missing that were on the Truck Sticker but nowhere to be found.
1) Tool Box-Driver Side
2) Cargo Bed Net

Items missing that were on my order but nowhere to be found.
1) Bug Deflector
2) Cargo Bed Mat
3) Wheel Locks
4) Tailgate Lock
5) Mud flaps

So ok, Ford screwed up, or maybe the dealership or maybe it was the sales person but for me getting 98% of what I ordered does not make me happy. Anyone else had this issue? Maybe the above is backordered but I wouldn't have added the above to the list if I didn't want it. I may get lucky and the parts show up soon but then again I don't want to wait months.
Your thoughts?

SBB
Sponsored

AceGoliath

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT, 21 Bronco OBX SAS, 10 Fusion SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The window sticker items should of been included. All of the other items are DIO (Dealer Installed Options) that your dealer/salesman need to order in to have installed when delivered. Chances are they never ordered them until your Maverick came in or could be back ordered.

I just recently got my Bronco last month. When I called about my Bronco the week it was being built and asked the salesman about my options/accessories he said thanks for reminding him because he had to order them in. I got all, but 2 things on the day I brought it home. One was on back order that I have since received and another they haven't even began distributing them yet.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All of these look like items that the dealer adds. Which is probably good, since it would obviously be much more difficult to add things like 360 after manufacturing. I'd check with the dealer. Odds are decent that they just forgot to add them. As I understand, dealer-installed parts are just tossed into the truck when it ships from the factory, and the dealer adds them before selling the vehicle.

OP
OP

SBB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Shelby
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got a picture of the window sticker three weeks before the Maverick arrived. At that time I asked my salesperson where the rest of the items I ordered were. He said he would have to order them but couldn't untill the truck had arrived. I'm loving the truck but just a little dissapointed everything I ordered didn't come with the truck.

SBB

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
I got a picture of the window sticker three weeks before the Maverick arrived. At that time I asked my salesperson where the rest of the items I ordered were. He said he would have to order them but couldn't untill the truck had arrived. I'm loving the truck but just a little dissapointed everything I ordered didn't come with the truck.

SBB
At least the Dealer owned up to dropping the ball. Hopefully it won't take long to get everything. Also I hope they included everything in the original price you paid. It would be hell to have to pay more after the fact.

Sponsored

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel

SBB
Some of that should have been shipped from the factory with the truck. Had 2 things shipped with mine.

Reactions: SBB

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Some of that should have been shipped from the factory with the truck. Had 2 things shipped with mine.
All of the items in the op's list of 'missing' things are dealer installed options. As others have said it is the dealer's responsibility to order and install these.

On a vehicle that is regularly in production, they would probably just have this stuff, but being a new truck and with parts in short supply it is just unavoidable.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
All of the items in the op's list of 'missing' things are dealer installed options. As others have said it is the dealer's responsibility to order and install these.

On a vehicle that is regularly in production, they would probably just have this stuff, but being a new truck and with parts in short supply it is just unavoidable.
Agree, but when they know the truck is due to arrive and they forgot to order stuff, that has NOTHING to do with the supply chain crisis. That's all on them.

That's my opinion.

04mach146

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe, dodge eco-diesel

Some of the stuff in his post was in my build and came in the vehicle to be installed by the dealer. My "D.I.O." came in my truck from the factory my dealer didn't have to order anything that was listed as dealer installed. That being said some stuff they did have to.

Alloymaker

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xlt maverick VB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

SBB
Sounds like he didnt know what he was doing. My truck is a couple weeks out and they just ordered a few things for me.

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Agree, but when they know the truck is due to arrive and they forgot to order stuff, that has NOTHING to do with the supply chain crisis. That's all on them.

That's my opinion.
That's fine.

Only trying to point out that the title of the thread is misleading, the factory didn't miss anything here.

Also just trying to say that a brand new vehicle and no on site inventory had resulted in a minor inconvenience. Not worth a sky is falling internet post.

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The dealership is responsible. Be patient and you’ll get the options your paid for. Some of us don’t even have our trucks yet.

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All of that stuff should have been shipped with the Maverick to be installed by the dealer. Should've been in a nice pile in the back seat when it arrived at the dealership. If it is on the window sticker, it should have come with the truck from the factory.

Champ

Banned
Banned
First Name
ML
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Miatas, Z06, Outback
All of that stuff should have been shipped with the Maverick to be installed by the dealer. Should've been in a nice pile in the back seat when it arrived at the dealership. If it is on the window sticker, it should have come with the truck from the factory.
The truck might also be empty with a broken window if they put all of the dealer installed options in the back seat. Not how it's done folks,!

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The truck might also be empty with a broken window if they put all of the dealer installed options in the back seat. Not how it's done folks,!
I sold cars for 8 years. That's how it was always done
Sponsored