Sponsored

Is the Maverick connected to the internet?

Geep

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT luxury hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe in a vehicle accident….the investigators can pull data from the vehicle ecu showing speed at time of impact
Sponsored

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why should I have to prove I am innocent of a crime before I am allowed to use my own property?
Because what's right is now wrong, and what's wrong is now right.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because what's right is now wrong, and what's wrong is now right.
You're right!

I mean... You're wrong!

I mean... Never mind...

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
In case you're wondering what some of that telematics data might be used for:

In May 2016, Ford reported, based on data collected from more than 610 million miles (976 million km) logged by its electrified vehicles through its telematics system, that drivers of these vehicles run an average of 13,500 mi (21,700 km) annually on their vehicles, with about half of those miles operating in all-electric mode. A break down of these figures show an average daily commute of 42 mi (68 km) for Ford Energi plug-in hybrid drivers. Ford notes that with the enhanced electric range of the 2017 model year model, the average Fusion Energi commuter could go the entire day using no gasoline, if the car is fully charged both before leaving for work and before leaving for home. According to Ford data, currently most customers are likely charging their vehicles only at home.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Fusion_Hybrid

Sponsored

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
I believe in a vehicle accident….the investigators can pull data from the vehicle ecu showing speed at time of impact
Confirmed. Remember the Tiger Woods mishap?

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
I think that's a fair(er) system than the current fuel tax system, which allows electric vehicles to drive for free.

Now how they implement the miles system is a discussion for a different time.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Funding what used to be government services through "user fees" has been the default Libertarian position for years. The idea was that those who use things like national parks, etc., should be the ones who pay for them. Now that there is a larger overlap between Libertarian and Republican thinking, I wouldn't be surprised to see the GOP pushing for an expansion of this kind of "user fee" thinking in relation to public roads.

For myself, I favor the traditional way roads have worked in my state. General revenue pays for part of the costs (representing the general value that roads have for everyone) and specific taxes on road users pay for the rest (like gasoline taxes). But, as more vehicles move away from gasoline, some of that specific revenue will have to come from a method that accounts for that ICE-to-EV change. I don't have a problem with that but, because I favor EVs, I think it has to be done carefully so as not to undercut the EV market.

sdy284

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT 2.0 FWD - Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
not sure how has nobody posted this yet... Looks like you can disable most of the things OP has a problem with. @Amendes

Keep in mind if you disable these things, you can kiss starting your truck from your phone goodbye.

Ford Maverick Is the Maverick connected to the internet? settings

Sponsored

sdy284

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT 2.0 FWD - Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wouldn't be surprised to see the GOP pushing for an expansion of this kind of "user fee" thinking in relation to public roads.
People that drive more, use more fuel, which is where the taxes are for roads, yes?

So a person who commutes 30 miles for work is paying more for their road usage than someone who commutes 5 miles to work.

2022EOW

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you for the response.

It seems crazy that these days that buying a new vehicle may include you being tracked without opting out.

I don't like that.
There always a horse.

Rexus99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Tacoma
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
not sure how has nobody posted this yet... Looks like you can disable most of the things OP has a problem with. @Amendes

Keep in mind if you disable these things, you can kiss starting your truck from your phone goodbye.

settings.jpg
I think my modem is disabled. I also think you have to have it enabled in order to collect Ford Points. The modem connects via AT&t isn't that correct? And we have a three month or X amount of data to use before we are supposed to pay. Least that is what I think. I know i have not agreed to any connection to AT&T, but I do like the remote start on key fob. It isn't actually disabled, It was never enabled.
Sponsored