Sponsored

Is the Maverick connected to the internet?

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, it is always connected to the internet when signal is available.

You won’t receive any better answer than just reading the FordPass privacy policy, which contains some very alarming things in my opinion about gathering behavioral data, etc. I believe they say they won’t sell it to third parties but the data is being collected and all it takes is a breach or change of policy down the road for it to fall into the hands of insurance companies.

Seriously, read it, it’s what you’ll be agreeing to if you want to use remote start or any of the FordPass features.
Data is more valuable than 💰
Sponsored

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The infrastructure bill that just passed includes a mandate for car makers to include technology in new automobiles that prevents a car from starting if the driver is drunk.

This means you will have to prove you are sober by taking a breathalzyer built into your ignition before you are allowed to drive the vehicle you own.
From what I've read, it's not going to work like that. I think they are promoting passive sensor technology.

According to MADD, advanced alcohol detection systems use sensors integrated into a car that passively determines if the person behind the wheel is drunk. The smart technology also has no relation to police breathalyzers or to ignition interlock devices that require a motorist to actively blow into a device.

‘This is essentially eliminating drunk driving’: Impaired driving prevention measure passed in Infrastructure Bill (nbc12.com)

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My parents always told me that if you are worried about what people know about what you’re doing… maybe you shouldn’t be doing it.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
From what I've read, it's not going to work like that. I think they are promoting passive sensor technology.
Why should I have to prove I am innocent of a crime before I am allowed to use my own property?

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Why should I have to prove I am innocent of a crime before I am allowed to use my own property?
Were you to be driving on your farm, front yard, etc, i.e., your own property, why would the government be involved in the least?

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Were you to be driving on your farm, front yard, etc, i.e., your own property, why would the government be involved in the least?
You would be ok having to blow into a breathalyzer before being allowed to start your own car? Man, some people have no idea what this really means.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was just pointing out that you apparently misunderstood the technology involved.

You seem to want to have a political/policy argument. I'm not interested myself, but carry on. I'm sure someone will want to read what you have to say.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was just pointing out that you apparently misunderstood the technology involved.

You seem to want to have a political/policy argument. I'm not interested myself, but carry on. I'm sure someone will want to read what you have to say.
Well no matter what it's unacceptable. It crosses the line from "innocent until proven guilty" to the opposite, which should scare the crap out of everyone.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep, it says right in the Constitution that you have the right to drive drunk.
So why not force everyone to carry a device which tracks your location, records everything you say and even records video of you. AI will track everything you do and if you cross a line, it calls the police automatically. You understand you are halfway there already? But if it saves just one life, right?

Sponsored

M Spec

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Toyo LC, 1988 911, 2005 STI, 2010 STI, 3 More
It seems people have a choice. Use the modern technology built into cars and cell phones and suffer potential intrusions on privacy. Or don't use the technology (and probably still suffer some other intrusions on privacy).

As for me, I'm not going to give up the convenience of my cell phone because of the threat that someone, somewhere, sometime might see some of my precious information. Life is full of risks, and we all have to decide which are worth taking and how to mitigate them.
Roger your last! Whole lot of paranoia going on. Don"t do bad/dumb s&%t and no worries. Not only do I have a cell phone but also a carry permit. Hell, given that and my military records they (whoever they might be) already know all there is to know about me. If you're that worried, you best give up your computer and stop posting online, also give up your credit cards.

DryHeat

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DryHeat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You seem to want to have a political/policy argument. I'm not interested myself, but carry on.
Well no matter what it's unacceptable. It crosses the line from "innocent until proven guilty" to the opposite, which should scare the crap out of everyone.
Like I said, I posted only to clear up a technology issue.

I'm not interested in political/policy arguments.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't for a second buy the "I don't have anything to hide" argument. Should the company from which I purchased my car know if I drive the speed limit, drive off road, or overloaded my car? Not that I'm planning to do any of that, but that is none of their business. One need look no further than the way farming tractors have gone to see the direction this is headed. It is not too much to ask for privacy and it is not too much to ask to be able to repair a vehicle which we own and to do so without Ford knowing my every move.