Sponsored

Is Luxury package worth it/important to you?

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I started with a XLT Lux build, mainly for the electric seat and spray liner.

But realized wife will never drive it.

Where we live there's not much need for heated anything. Cooled everything would be great.

Dropped the idea of XLT lux and went XL.
Sponsored

Last edited:

joeh

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape, Ranger, Cobra - Jeep Wrangler
Because a fully loaded Maverick is a better value for my needs than a semi-loaded Ranger or bare bones F150. Once you have heated seats and steering its hard to not check that box!

NewBernWolf

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you ordered it, why? And what was the important part of the package for you?

If not, why not?
Ordered the luxury package because it came with accessories that would have cost more to buy separately - and because we'd budgeted for a more expensive truck, then decided on the new Maverick hybrid. The Maverick truck put us in a position to buy exactly what we wanted without sacrificing to save money.

Hack

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 & 2018 Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

If not, why not?
Mostly the adaptive cruise control, though I like the electric seats. And I was going to get the spray-in liner and the trailer hitch anyhow. I like the electric back window too. (I admit, I did these trades a couple of months ago and may have the different packages confused. And I'm in my second Scotch of the evening.)

Sponsored

OTACORB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
DAB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Oxford White Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wanted the upgraded radio, adaptive cruise, the signature led lightening, all the other stuff was just extras that I am sure I will appreciate over the years. I plan to keep this one for a while, so why not have the comforts to enjoy it. I will never buy a totally stripped down vehicle again. EVER!

zBernie

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

If not, why not?
I live in the northeast so I wanted the heated seats, mirrors, steering wheel. Also wanted the tow hitch and bed liner.

ToothGrinder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I own an ‘07 Mazda3 touring trim. Any new car is going to feel lux for me. I didn’t get the luxury package, not much in it that I wanted. I’m in SoCal so heated anything really doesn’t get much use and I might opt out of the Berliner and get a spray on afterwards.

WannaMav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Worth it? That's in the wallet of the beholder.

Important to me? Not one whit.

DesertMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Scion FRS, 2007 Toyota Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got the XLT lux package on my Maverick for the power driver's seat, but also it gives the passenger seat height adjustability as well. I also wanted the spray-in bed liner with the Ford logo as well as the leather steering wheel. I test drove the XLT lux package Maverick after I ordered mine and that steering wheel was the most comfortable/soft steering wheel I've ever had in a vehicle. Also, even though I won't really need them for more than 2-3 months out of the year, the heated seats are good as well for me since it can get cold in the winter here in the southwestern states.

Sponsored

DanMav1701

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Equinox
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Stop and Go Adaptive Cruise Control is main feature, but I will be glad to have all of them.

Bmr4mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Lux Hybrid 23
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
100% yes. I went Lariat Lux and there are several things that the Lux package brings that I want. Both items that can be bought alone as well as some that can only be had with the Lux package.

Okiemudman

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia
Ordered the Lariat with the luxury package because that combination had what we wanted at a better price than adding as individual components.

GreenLady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250 Diesel, 1968 Cadillac Eldorado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did not order mine with all the trimmings but when a FE Lariat Hybrid Lux showed up and the customer changed his mind, the salesman asked me if I wanted it? I jumped on it! After getting in the truck at 6 AM at 38° here in FL I absolutely fell in love with the heated steering wheel and seats! 🥰 I didn’t want to get out of the truck because it felt so good! I I might go without the heated seats but not without the heated steering wheel! I love all the trimmings on this truck and the price point is so much lower than my previous “loaded” SUV! No way can I complain about anything!

Row Jimmy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ranger XLT
If the XL had come with cruise control that's what I would have ordered. I wanted a low-priced hybrid truck.
Sponsored