Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anybody find the textured interior scratches easily? Rear passenger door, textured surface scratched down to a smoother under surface. Only 2500km on it. Only the kids and their backpacks using the rear seat so far. Not sure how this happened so easily.

738C6B95-53D5-4E83-A58C-8DC4CA4252B9.jpeg
Wondering out loud if a hard clear coat would be possible and if it would protect it more. Downside might be that it enhances a hard surface.

Edit: Once again, I posted before I read the entire thread. Sorry folks. I do thank everyone for offering suggestions to solve the problem. :rolleyes:
Sponsored

Last edited:

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This pro detailer talks about exterior/interior plastics on a new Bronco, heck it may have more plastic than the Maverick.... Anyways, he mentions a ceramic detail spray on interior. No idea how well it would prevent scratches, especially major ones. May not be very much hope if the plastic is as soft as some have mentioned. Mine hasn't been scheduled yet, may be next year who knows so I haven't experienced the issue yet

I had a couple of scratches on the top of the dash where I laid the vent and controls panel while installing the SiriusXM Commander Touch. I was using Turtle Wax Spray & Wipe and it blended the scratch with the dash somewhat, but did not completely conceal it. I would be surprised if there were not better products for this purpose because the Turtle Wax Spray & Wipe is cheap.

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The first scratch/ding/dent/stain is the hardest. Then just move on. Life is messy.
I had a new 2006 F-150 King Ranch and I religiously treated the leather with King Ranch branded leather protectorate. Unfortunately, the leather scratched very easily. My first scratch I was shocked and tried worked hard to blend it in. After a few scratches, I realized the King Ranch leather was more like a saddle than I thought. After all, scratches on a working saddle are badges showing the battles fought on horseback. You learn to appreciate the looks of a nice scratched up working saddle. If you want a show saddle you have to pay up for it, not that working saddles are cheap. I assume the Maverick interiors are along the lines of a working saddle and if you want a show interior then there are lots of custom leather companies and even some really tough and great interiors available. We just to pay up.

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm wondering what some if these folks did to cause some these blemishes? It is plastic! If you hit it with something hard enough, it is going to cause some type of blemish.

I think we're harder on stuff than we realize. To think plastic isn't going to get nicked up a bit is silly.
Doesn’t happen on my Bronco Sport

Ronnie4946

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I love my truck, I really do, and I also applaud Ford for an affordable, stylish and gas thrifty vehicle. With that said, with only 300 miles on my truck I have a 5 inch scratch on the interior of the passenger door. Apparently, my wife's clasp on her watchband grazed the textured door panel and made a scratch that I cant hide. I tried everything to make it less noticeable but nothing works. Maybe ford could come up with a touch up stick to match the blueish color of the interior. It is very, very easy to scratch.

Sponsored

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I love my truck, I really do, and I also applaud Ford for an affordable, stylish and gas thrifty vehicle. With that said, with only 300 miles on my truck I have a 5 inch scratch on the interior of the passenger door. Apparently, my wife's clasp on her watchband grazed the textured door panel and made a scratch that I cant hide. I tried everything to make it less noticeable but nothing works. Maybe ford could come up with a touch up stick to match the blueish color of the interior. It is very, very easy to scratch.
Ford spent all their interior budget on the "Built Ford Tough" emblems between the dash and the doors to put out an interior that isn't trash. The plastics are abysmal.

Catmandu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford spent all their interior budget on the "Built Ford Tough" emblems between the dash and the doors to put out an interior that isn't trash. The plastics are abysmal.
I agree unfortunately. I have some nicks/scratches on the centre console. No idea what rubbed against it, I've been pretty gentle with the truck so far. I had a 20yo Toyota that didn't show as much...

I notice that one of the reasons is that the scratch nicks out at a totally different color (like lighter colored scratch on dark color), which makes it very... very noticeable.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I agree unfortunately. I have some nicks/scratches on the centre console. No idea what rubbed against it, I've been pretty gentle with the truck so far. I had a 20yo Toyota that didn't show as much...

I notice that one of the reasons is that the scratch nicks out at a totally different color (like lighter colored scratch on dark color), which makes it very... very noticeable.
Same here. I'm coming from a 20 year old Accord that has LESS interior damage than my truck. And it has 190,000 miles.

Keep in mind that they made a conscious decision to ship this thing with the terrible plastic. They no doubt knew it was an issue.

Catmandu

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can confirm that Chemical Guys VRP (vinyl, rubber, plastic) treatment will hide light scuffs and scratches. Deep gouges are another thing but I’m not going to create one to test it.

Thanks... will give VRP a go!

Sponsored

Thoron99

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't have a Maverick yet, but can confrim VRP seems to be good stuff, been trying it on my current vehicles. Nice on the interior without being too shiny/slippery and also works wonders on my 2013 CRV's faded exterior black plastic. (though it only lasts a couple washes, might try a ceramic over it)

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can confirm that Chemical Guys VRP (vinyl, rubber, plastic) treatment will hide light scuffs and scratches. Deep gouges are another thing but I’m not going to create one to test it.

Will give this a go. Had tried 303 and it made them darker, but willing to use this one as a test bed for when I eventually trade it on my ordered one.

I did try magic eraser - didn't do any good.

Horizon62

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have you contacted Ford? Maybe they will help you out.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My kid has done a ton of damage to all my cars with his backpack and shoes. I’m afraid to look in the back seat….
In our backyard growing up, my brother and I and our buddies played tackle ( yes tackle) football, wiffle ball, running bases, and we had a basketball hoop on a big old tree. The dirt became harder than concrete. There was no way on Earth a blade of grass could last lol. My grandmother told my Dad it will be a sad day when you look out in the backyard and see grass. Enjoy your kids and all the damage they do. Kids matter, material things don’t.
Sponsored