First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Entirely possible that the communication from Ford is in error. Is there any way to get a definitive answer from Ford about what exactly is required?

Even if we unmix the terms, the top part of the memo says it is required by 05 Oct, and the bottom part says it is only encouraged.

Appreciate your input on this!
If the dealer did COVP (signed buyers order snd drivers license) that should be enough. Ford has not been consistent in their communications to dealers with the terminology COVP/ROVP for at least the last year now!

My understanding: if it is going to be done for a 23 Mav, it has to be done by Oct 5.
It is not necessary to have it be done for the Maverick to schedule.
BUT I did see a communication today from Ford that says that COVP must be completed for inventive protection and price protection.... So you definatley should make sure your dealer does this!
Sponsored

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If the dealer did COVP (signed buyers order snd drivers license) that should be enough. Ford has not been consistent in their communications to dealers with the terminology COVP/ROVP for at least the last year now!

My understanding: if it is going to be done for a 23 Mav, it has to be done by Oct 5.
BUT I did see a communication today from Ford that says that COVP must be completed for inventive protection and price protection.... So you definatley should make sure your dealer does this!
See, now this makes sense. Ford basically saying "A COVP is not required in order to get a truck built. But if you want to lock in the price and interest rates, then you need to submit one by October 5."

OP
OP

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2.0 Lariat, AWD, 4K, Lux, BAP, HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Mine did a COVP, and gave me a 6 digit tracking number when I asked about it.

I've been concerned about ROVP because of that memo. Guess I don't need to worry about it. One little letter (R to a C) in that memo and Ford could have prevented a LOT of confusion.

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
She told me I was good to go. I understand that the COVP comes when it will be moved to the next level, and she said then I should get an email, I'm assuming with COVP included.
"told me I was good to go"
That's the exact terminology my male FCS guy gave to me for my order!
When I questioned him further, he said: Your order is the same as all the others!
I figured that and the email were enough proof for me. It being 10 hours till order closing!
So I hope we are in good shape!

TdotMav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank you for asking this question. I am from Canada and wondering what the heck is the COVP. My dealer has my driver's license, we signed vehicle buyer agreement, paid deposit, signed off on order sheet --> does that mean COVP is done and I can feel at ease???

Sponsored

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Can anyone post instructions on how to do a ROVP? My dealer does not know what that is and I would love to hand them a piece of paper with the instructions so they can get that process started.

@fordvideoguy ?
It is accessed through the CNI website under the Customer Order Verification Program (COVP).

OP
OP

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2.0 Lariat, AWD, 4K, Lux, BAP, HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Allen King Jr

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 C-Max phev, 2006 Mercury Mariner, 2023 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I work at a dealership.....I do the COVP/ROVP stuff.

Yes, the memo from Ford mixes the terms up.

The old ROVP process for Maverick only works for 22 Mav...so can't be used now. Just the COVP like for every other vehicle.
What do ROVP AND COVP mean?

BertoDeMamp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Lancer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

What do ROVP AND COVP mean?
ROVP - Retail Order Verification Process**

COVP - Customer Order Verification Process**

**Something along those lines, may not be the exactly wording.

Sponsored

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is accessed through the CNI website under the Customer Order Verification Program (COVP).
So the COVP is all a customer ordered vehicle would need, correct? ROVP is just for dealer ordered vehicles, and they have until Oct 5 to submit them??

LCGRAMMA

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Ecosport

So if I gave my Driver's license, signed my purchase order, and paid my deposit, does this mean my COVP is completed??

DJF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
So if I gave my Driver's license, signed my purchase order, and paid my deposit, does this mean my COVP is completed??
Not necessarily. You should ask for proof from your dealer that it was submitted correctly and approved by Ford. Video is a year old but explains the process.

LCGRAMMA

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Ecosport
So I chatted with an agent just now and this is her reply, after I gave her my Sales code and order code.

Ford Maverick Instructions for doing a ROVP? Screenshot_20220922-193815_Chrome

Ford Maverick Instructions for doing a ROVP? Screenshot_20220922-194023_Chrome

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
So the COVP is all a customer ordered vehicle would need, correct? ROVP is just for dealer ordered vehicles, and they have until Oct 5 to submit them??
They are one in the same. In 2022 there was a thing called ROVP (Reservation to Order Verification Program) that was used on the Maverick. All other models used COVP (Customer Order Verification Program). For 2023, the ROVP does not exist for the Maverick. Ford will use the phrase Retail Order Verification Program but what they mean is COVP.
Sponsored