2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick 2.0 Lariat, AWD, 4K, Lux, BAP, HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Can anyone post instructions on how to do a ROVP? My dealer does not know what that is and I would love to hand them a piece of paper with the instructions so they can get that process started.

@fordvideoguy ?
Sponsored

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe, call back and speak to a manager, better yet general manager?
If they didn't know how to order a vehicle, they would be a parking lot, lol.

OP
OP

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If they didn't know how to order a vehicle, they would be a parking lot, lol.
Good one! :)

They ordered my Mav and put in a COVP, but didn't know about ROVP. Since COVP and ROVP seem to be two completely separate things, and the Ford communication a couple of days ago indicated that ROVP is required for a Mav order but COVP is optional, I would like to find instructions for doing the ROVP and hand carry it to them. If it helps to get my and others Mavs built that ordered from this dealer, I don't mind doing a bit of extra work.

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

They ordered my Mav and put in a COVP, but didn't know about ROVP. Since COVP and ROVP seem to be two completely separate things, and the Ford communication a couple of days ago indicated that ROVP is required for a Mav order but COVP is optional, I would like to find instructions for doing the ROVP and hand carry it to them. If it helps to get my and others Mavs built that ordered from this dealer, I don't mind doing a bit of extra work.
Please post it if you find it!
It's probably Just another "McGuffin" - See Turner Classic Movies or wiki.

I'm taking my salesman's word, backed up by Ford Customer Service (800-392-3673) as acceptable proof, at this late date, that my order is properly placed!
If I had more time, I'd do more research and aggravate more people!
Fingers Crossed for us all!

LCGRAMMA

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Ecosport

I called the customer service department today and the very nice lady confirmed my sales code and order code were in the system.

Sponsored

OP
OP

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I called the customer service department today and the very nice lady confirmed my sales code and order code were in the system.
Based on other posts on this forum, that apparently doesn't confirm that a ROVP was also done on the order. However, this entire order process is so confusing that who knows what is really going on.

LCGRAMMA

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Ecosport
I called customer service department today and a very nice lady confirmed my sales code and order were in the system. Very glad for that....just waiting for a confirmation email from Ford.

LCGRAMMA

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Ecosport
She told me I was good to go. I understand that the COVP comes when it will be moved to the next level, and she said then I should get an email, I'm assuming with COVP included.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

They are identical. Ford usually calls it COVP...but they used ROVP for 22 Mav for some reason. Same information needed. Same thing.

Finnster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy's
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You may want to call them back to get a more talkative agent, and grill him/her on the order status, and if your order looks like all the other good orders!
YMMV! This is just my 2 cents.
Good luck, to us all!

Sponsored

LCGRAMMA

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Ecosport
I placed my order on monday 09/19/2023. From what she told me, I'm in the system, that's good enough for me for now.

OP
OP

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

They are identical. Ford usually calls it COVP...but they used ROVP for 22 Mav for some reason. Same information needed. Same thing.
Apparently they are not identical. That's part of the confusion surrounding this process. ROVP is required for Mav orders by 05 Oct, but COVP is "encouraged".

Ford Maverick Instructions for doing a ROVP? 1663800621727

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Apparently they are not identical. That's part of the confusion surrounding this process. ROVP is required for Mav orders by 05 Oct, but COVP is "encouraged".

1663800621727.png
I work at a dealership.....I do the COVP/ROVP stuff.

Yes, the memo from Ford mixes the terms up.

The old ROVP process for Maverick only works for 22 Mav...so can't be used now. Just the COVP like for every other vehicle.

LCGRAMMA

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Ecosport
So you're saying the dealer doesn't automatically do a ROVP or COVP??

OP
OP

deej

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yes, the memo from Ford mixes the terms up.
Entirely possible that the communication from Ford is in error. Is there any way to get a definitive answer from Ford about what exactly is required?

Even if we unmix the terms, the top part of the memo says it is required by 05 Oct, and the bottom part says it is only encouraged.

Appreciate your input on this!
Sponsored