Sponsored

Will I get a truck without ROVP submittal?

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I placed an order a couple weeks ago due to the hybrid cutoff. It was completed online through the dealers internet department.

They asked for copy of drivers license and 500 deposit. I recieved a build order with priority code 10 and the email from Ford confirming my order. Most customers would assume this is complete. But from reading here and Tim Bartz videos, this is not the case.

I asked them if I was verified in ROVP. The online guy didn't know about it, he said he passes the order to someone else to enter in the system. I called a couple more times and they said I was verified by submitting my drivers license to them and nothing else is required. Maybe they did it, but I'm not confident about it.

Ford and the dealers need to clarify their processes with each other, not rely on the customers to keep on top of it. There should not be a confirmation email from Ford if the order isn't really complete in the system.

I thought I saw a Tim Bartz @fordvideoguy video where he said that you will still recieve a truck, but only after all ROVPs are fulfilled. But his last video he said Ford will not even look at your order if you are not in ROVP and the deadline for ROVP is Nov 17, see video below. So is my order void at that time?

I don't want to switch dealers as this one sells all vehicles at invoice, even their few stock Mavs they had. They also have zero closing fees. So to switch would cost way way more just to get a few months sooner.

Sponsored

Last edited:

MimiE

First Name
Mitzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
I placed an order a couple weeks ago due to the hybrid cutoff. It was completed online through the dealers internet department.

They asked for copy of drivers license and 500 deposit. I recieved a build order with priority code 10 and the email from Ford confirming my order. Most customers would assume this is complete. But from reading here and Tim Bartz videos, this is not the case.

I asked them if I was verified in ROVP. The online guy didn't know about it, he said he passes the order to someone else to enter in the system. I called a couple more times and they said I was verified by submitting my drivers license to them and nothing else is required. I gave up chasing this down. Maybe they did it, but I'm not confident about it.

Ford and the dealers need to clarify their processes with each other, not rely on the customers to keep on top of it. There should not be a confirmation email from Ford if the order isn't really complete in the system.

I thought I saw a Tim Bartz video where he said that you will still recieve a truck, but only after all ROVPs are fulfilled. But his last video said Ford will not even look at your order if you are not in ROVP and the deadline for ROVP is Nov 17. See video below

I don't want to switch dealers as this one sells all vehicles at invoice, even their few stock Mavs they had. They also have zero closing fees. So to switch would cost way way more just to get a few months sooner.

I agree about clarifying processes, for sure. I asked my dealer salesman about the ROVP, and he didn't know what I was referring to, which of course concerned me greatly. I emailed him the link to the post you referred to, and while he didn't know it under that name, he told me that was why they got my drivers license. I think you will be okay, but wise to double check.

OP
OP
GTBuzz

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree about clarifying processes, for sure. I asked my dealer salesman about the ROVP, and he didn't know what I was referring to, which of course concerned me greatly. I emailed him the link to the post you referred to, and while he didn't know it under that name, he told me that was why they got my drivers license. I think you will be okay, but wise to double check.

Lol, I have triple checked and the lack of dealer knowledge on this process has me concerned. Wish Ford would say "Hey dealer, we see you have some orders that arent verfied, please submit to ROVP"

Even Tim says there is a lack of knowledge of this process at dealers. That is a problem that will cause customers to wait forever and have no idea why they don't get scheduled.

I figured if I get it evetually ok whatever, I can wait as I wasn't planning to order yet. But Tim's video says Ford will NOT look at your order at all without ROVP.

MimiE

First Name
Mitzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Lol, I have triple checked and the lack of dealer knowledge on this process has me concerned. Wish Ford would say "Hey dealer, we see you have some orders that arent verfied, please submit to ROVP"

Even Tim says there is a lack of knowledge of this process at dealers. That is a problem that will cause customers to wait forever and have no idea why they don't get scheduled.

I figured if I get it evetually ok whatever, I can wait as I wasn't planning to order yet. But Tim's video says Ford will NOT look at your order without ROVP.
Lack of knowledge about processes in this journey is definitely causing lots of anxiety on our end. I tried to address some issues with my salesman, and he barely paid lip service to my questions. NOT gonna go back to him, for sure. This is the 3rd vehicle from the 2nd dealership I will have bought from him. No more. He should take the time to find out, if he doesn't know.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think we can all agree, if this is the model Ford is pushing for (customer orders), there is a LOT of dealer education needed. There will be many who become frustrated by the process, or lack there of, and simply move to another brand that can be purchased same day, off a lot.

Confusion, redundancy, and long unresponsive waits are NOT a success recipe.

Sponsored

DCP

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2018 Escape, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If a dealer does not know anything about the ROVP system, how can an order be verified?

ralatalo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think at this point a better question is, has the dealership gotten in any other customer orders? If they have, then obviously they are doing what needs to be done. If they haven't then I would be really worried unless they really have only gotten Hybrid orders and nothing for the ecoboost.

OP
OP
GTBuzz

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here is my 2 cents based on alot of reading and various YouTube videos, for what it’s worth. From what I understand, the ROVP process is what you went through with verifying your drivers license. If you have the sales code, order code, and you received the confirmation email from Ford, then you should be good to go. What I understood Tim Bartz to be talking about what was the online reservation process. I initially “reserved” my Maverick online then the next day my dealer called me to come in and sign paperwork, proceed DL proof, and pay the deposit. I then received the email from Ford that my order was confirmed. The next step is to get another email from Ford with my build date. I don’t think there is anything else for you to do if you’ve received the order confirmation email from Ford. I believe Tim was telling us to make sure online Reservations are converted to Orders with your dealer, even though he was generically calling everything “orders”.

If there is some other process beyond what you described and I described, then I’m in the dark on that.
My understanding for ROVP submittal requires drivers license and a signed build sheet or DORA.

That is why I bring this up, I NEVER signed anything. I told them about ROVP and that I should be signing something. They just keep saying I am verified by submitting my drivers license to them.

Tim says you can recieve the Official Ford confirmation email and Ford sees your order even without ROVP submittal. You will just not get scheduled for a build date. Thats the flaw in this process, it can look complete to many dealers and average customers, but its not.

I think at this point a better question is, has the dealership gotten in any other customer orders? If they have, then obviously they are doing what needs to be done. If they haven't then I would be really worried unless they really have only gotten Hybrid orders and nothing for the ecoboost.
Yea I will call and ask them that also. Although as a customer, I am not too thrilled with how this process is going. I've never wasted time trying to explain internal Ford processes for ordering to dealers, no customer should ever have to do that.

If my truck will get built after all others with ROVP, that is what I'm trying to figure out here. Because I am in no hurry and wouldn't even order yet if not for the cutoff date. But now that I did order, did I REALLY order?

Last edited:

MyFutureMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes I understand the process the same way from watching all the vids and reading here for hours.

Process is submit drivers license and sign build sheet or DORA for ROVP submittal.

That is why I bring this up, I NEVER signed anything. I told them about ROVP and that I should be signing something. They just keep saying I am verified by submitting my drivers license to them.

Tim says you can recieve the Official Ford confirmation email and Ford sees your order even without ROVP submittal. You will just not get scheduled for a build date. Thats the flaw in this process, it can look complete to many dealers and average customers, but its not.

So the customer pays deposit, gets copy of build sheet and confirmation email from Ford. You will not get a build date.
I asked Tim to clarify the process. Up until his video, I understood it that you would not get an order confirmation email from Ford unless you were verified through ROVP ( Retail Order Verification Program). I think the nomenclature is what’s confusing. I don’t think there is anything else for us to do after the order confirmation email, but I could be dead wrong. We’ll see what Tim says.

MyFutureMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My understanding for ROVP submittal requires drivers license and a signed build sheet or DORA.

So the customer pays deposit, gets copy of build sheet and confirmation email from Ford. You will not get a build date without ROVP.
I guess I need to call my dealer to confirm

Ford Maverick Will I get a truck without ROVP submittal? 6E6B8DFE-8D9C-4CBB-BC92-E088CFB13D7A

Sponsored

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Is this what a ROVP approval would look like? My dealer provided this to me after I signed a buyer's order and gave him my license. This was sent to me the next day from the dealer.

Ford Maverick Will I get a truck without ROVP submittal? 1635193189396(1)

OP
OP
GTBuzz

GTBuzz

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I asked Tim to clarify the process. Up until his video, I understood it that you would not get an order confirmation email from Ford unless you were verified through ROVP ( Retail Order Verification Program). I think the nomenclature is what’s confusing. I don’t think there is anything else for us to do after the order confirmation email, but I could be dead wrong. We’ll see what Tim says.

Right here is where Tim explains how people think their order is complete, but it's not complete and you will not get a build date.

The Ford order confirmation email does not mean your ordering process is done. The average customer would think the order is finalized and rightfully so.

WBDO generates the confirmation email, has nothing to do with ROVP.

I have seen many posts on the forum of people describing dealer interactions that make me think they also don't have ROVP submittal.

Cutoff for ROVP is Nov 17, what happens to our orders if we don't have ROVP by then. Will we still get a truck?

This right here is what I think I'm experiencing

Last edited:

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
Looks like I'm not allowed to upload images if the Ford job aid for the process but it is required for having an order scheduled.

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Last edited: