First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd be interested, but I'm not setting it up. I've tried to put events like this together in the past, you'll have people willing to travel across states, and you'll have people unwilling to travel more than 10 minutes from their mailbox. It would be impossible to give a restuarant a commitment if 10 or 50 people are going to show up.

It probably would be best to work with a Ford dealer as a host, something like Long McArthur did last August. Expecting 3rd-party accessory vendors is going to require a pretty large commitment of attendee's.

HRG

Ford Maverick Illinois Maverick meet? 291678802_5673744262637644_6995993765925650116_n
Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Wondering if there might be enough interested Maverick owners to hold a Maverick meet up in Illinois? Maybe in the spring when car shows start up again? What kind of event would it be? Iā€™d go!
Tim from SW burbs (Lemont) here. Sounds great, I'm converted and scheduled for January so spring sounds good, April or May? How about a forest preserve like the one with a pavilion near Woodfield (Schaumburg) or southern Cook county or Starved Rock? A bonus would be somewhere with camping.

Cactuspicious

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Epi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL AWD, 1967 Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tim from SW burbs (Lemont) here. Sounds great, I'm converted and scheduled for January so spring sounds good, April or May? How about a forest preserve like the one with a pavilion near Woodfield (Schaumburg) or southern Cook county or Starved Rock? A bonus would be somewhere with camping.
I can tell you right now that Busse Woods (preserve right by Woodfield) does NOT like any kind of car/vehicle meets based on prior experience.

Cantigny Park in Wheaton has been pretty accommodating for my club (Chicagoland Mustang club) and it's $5 to get in (last I checked) so it keeps the riff-raff out.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I can tell you right now that Busse Woods (preserve right by Woodfield) does NOT like any kind of car/vehicle meets based on prior experience.

Cantigny Park in Wheaton has been pretty accommodating for my club (Chicagoland Mustang club) and it's $5 to get in (last I checked) so it keeps the riff-raff out.
That would work. I'm willing to tailgate. Is there a pavillion?

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Wondering if there might be enough interested Maverick owners to hold a Maverick meet up in Illinois? Maybe in the spring when car shows start up again? What kind of event would it be? Iā€™d go!
Starved Rock SP?
White Pines SP?
Chain O Lakes SP?
My Ford dealer in Willowbrook, Illinois?

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Rock Cut SP, especially if we could get the local dealer (Rock River Ford) involved?

HRG

midwestmav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Definitely interested! I like @djw479 suggestion of doing a low-key one first to see what attendance would be like.

I'm SW suburbs near where I-80 & I-55 intersect. There is a local hotdog stand that does Cruise Nights in the warm months (https://www.babeshotdogs.com/cruise-nights) for Classic Cars.

Something like that would be cool to start with.

Regardless of where, as long as it doesn't conflict with my schedule I'm willing to drive a few hours to one - I mean why not? The truck is best enjoyed while driving it!

AceGoliath

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT, 21 Bronco OBX SAS, 10 Fusion SE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Definitely interested! I like @djw479 suggestion of doing a low-key one first to see what attendance would be like.

I'm SW suburbs near where I-80 & I-55 intersect. There is a local hotdog stand that does Cruise Nights in the warm months (https://www.babeshotdogs.com/cruise-nights) for Classic Cars.

Something like that would be cool to start with.

Regardless of where, as long as it doesn't conflict with my schedule I'm willing to drive a few hours to one - I mean why not? The truck is best enjoyed while driving it!
Iā€™m off the 80/55, Joliet, and Shorewood area as well.

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Iā€™m off the 80/55, Joliet, and Shorewood area as well.
I'm Lockport, not too far. The cruise nights in Lemont has a lot of extra room at the train station. If we have enough people I could see if they'd feature Mavericks some night.

midwestmav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh, that's right - Love that area of Lemont!

V-blue Mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jeep Cherokee and 2006 F-150 2022 Maverick EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd consider going. Got to think about it. Put me down as a possible. šŸ˜ I live in mid Missouri. I did attend the Long McArthur meetup in Salina.
Ford Maverick Illinois Maverick meet? IMG_20220813_132752_01
Ford Maverick Illinois Maverick meet? IMG_20220813_125116634

ILykTrux

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sure, you so come down to Marion and I'll get right on that

RZ2O16

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot EX & 2020 Subaru Outback Premium
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If I had a Maverick, I would come. But I have to wait about 2 to 3 years to get a car.
Sponsored